Scoreboard??? Help!!

Decorating By bakemeacake Updated 13 May 2005 , 3:37pm by bakemeacake

bakemeacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakemeacake Posted 12 May 2005 , 6:03pm
post #1 of 4

Hi Everyone,

I have learned quite a bit from this fantastic web site, I am now hoping you can help me come up with a way (preferably easy) to create a score board that I will incorporate into a FULL Sheet Cake that I am doing this July for a 40th Birthday Party. The party is for a College Football Coach and his wife loves the idea of turning the cake into a field. For Goal Posts I was going to use Small Dowel Rods painted and glued together. But I really am at a loss for what to do for a score board and would appreciate any ideas. Thank you icon_redface.gif

3 replies
m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 12 May 2005 , 6:15pm
post #2 of 4

Make a large rectangle cookie, stick two large lollipop sticks in it, cover the cookie with black fondant and use royal icing to make the numbers and such.

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 12 May 2005 , 6:54pm
post #3 of 4

I would print the scoreboard out onto cardstock (maybe even laminate it) and attach it to dowels that were also painted. Then insert that into the cake. It will be light so it won't fall over. Should look great too!

You can do a google image search to find a pic of a scoreboard or take a photo of the team's actual scoreboard and print that.

bakemeacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakemeacake Posted 13 May 2005 , 3:37pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you for the great ideas. You've been a great help. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%