Flowers!

Decorating By ConnieB Updated 2 Jun 2006 , 3:27am by fronklowes

ConnieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConnieB Posted 1 Jun 2006 , 3:41pm
post #1 of 6

OK, I have a delima!! I want to learn how to make the pansy's, daisy's and other little drop flowers for my cakes but I can't find the time to take the Wilton classes at Michael's because I live about 45 minutes away and have 2 jobs already!

I need y'alls help, does anybody no of or have a website i can go to, or where I can get a book that is very descriptive about how to make them. I don't know what else to do!

Thank goodness I can allready make roses!..ha! ha! usaribbon.gif

Connie

5 replies
martinez73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
martinez73 Posted 1 Jun 2006 , 3:45pm
post #2 of 6

If you go to the Wilton web site they have an area where they tell you step by step how to make them.. Good luck!!

mcrgrl040 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcrgrl040 Posted 1 Jun 2006 , 3:51pm
post #3 of 6

well i am pretty sure this link could help you
http://www.cakecentral.com/article56-How-To-Make-a-Buttercream-Poinsettia.html
Also Go under articles here at CakeCentral and they have pretty good ideas there.

I know wilton has a book that is sold at michels and it is titiled decorating basics and it has pink cake on the cover
[img] The Wilton School - Decorating Cakes here is the title
[/img]

ConnieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConnieB Posted 1 Jun 2006 , 3:58pm
post #4 of 6

Do y'all think these books would be a good investment?

Can you really learn from them or do you really need someone to show you? Do you consider them easy to make? usaribbon.gif

Connie

tonenia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonenia Posted 1 Jun 2006 , 4:02pm
post #5 of 6

Hobby Lobby here sells the class books 1, 2 and 3 and they are step by step also.

fronklowes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fronklowes Posted 2 Jun 2006 , 3:27am
post #6 of 6

If you have cake decorating experience, then the books and tutorials will teach you how to make the flowers just fine. However, if you are new to decorating, I would suggest finding a live person to at least demonstrate each flower for you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%