ConnieB Posted 1 Jun 2006 , 3:41pm
post #1 of

OK, I have a delima!! I want to learn how to make the pansy's, daisy's and other little drop flowers for my cakes but I can't find the time to take the Wilton classes at Michael's because I live about 45 minutes away and have 2 jobs already!

I need y'alls help, does anybody no of or have a website i can go to, or where I can get a book that is very descriptive about how to make them. I don't know what else to do!

Thank goodness I can allready make roses!..ha! ha! usaribbon.gif

Connie

5 replies
martinez73 Posted 1 Jun 2006 , 3:45pm
post #2 of

If you go to the Wilton web site they have an area where they tell you step by step how to make them.. Good luck!!

mcrgrl040 Posted 1 Jun 2006 , 3:51pm
post #3 of

well i am pretty sure this link could help you
http://www.cakecentral.com/article56-How-To-Make-a-Buttercream-Poinsettia.html
Also Go under articles here at CakeCentral and they have pretty good ideas there.

I know wilton has a book that is sold at michels and it is titiled decorating basics and it has pink cake on the cover
[img] The Wilton School - Decorating Cakes here is the title
[/img]

ConnieB Posted 1 Jun 2006 , 3:58pm
post #4 of

Do y'all think these books would be a good investment?

Can you really learn from them or do you really need someone to show you? Do you consider them easy to make? usaribbon.gif

Connie

tonenia Posted 1 Jun 2006 , 4:02pm
post #5 of

Hobby Lobby here sells the class books 1, 2 and 3 and they are step by step also.

fronklowes Posted 2 Jun 2006 , 3:27am
post #6 of

If you have cake decorating experience, then the books and tutorials will teach you how to make the flowers just fine. However, if you are new to decorating, I would suggest finding a live person to at least demonstrate each flower for you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%