Making A Cookie In Shaped Pan

Baking By angelcake4u Updated 13 May 2007 , 10:49pm by 24hourmommy

angelcake4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelcake4u Posted 7 May 2007 , 7:26pm
post #1 of 6

I have been asked to make a choc. chip cookie in a rainbow brite cake pan. Is this possible? I remember last time I made a cookie in an 10" round pan, the middle of the cookie stuck to the pan. Could I put wax paper down first, would that help?
Thanks for any help!

5 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 7 May 2007 , 11:49pm
post #2 of 6

Waxed paper would be OK. parchment would be better.

pastryjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryjen Posted 8 May 2007 , 1:30am
post #3 of 6

Rainbow Brite - name is familiar but not an image. I'll have to check that out.

If you are wanting Rainbow Brite features to come out onto the cookie, Id be worried about using parchment. Perhaps the middle stuck because it wasn't cooked enough in the middle. (Just a suggestion)

I've read people cut a board just to fit inside the pan and put it right up against the cookie for flipping it out. It won't have to drop so far to a cooling rack.

JMHO

southrnhearts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southrnhearts Posted 8 May 2007 , 1:34am
post #4 of 6

my mom bakes me a big cookie cake in one of Wiltons Halloween shaped pans every year....she always uses a heating core because sometimes the center will be soft and the edges will be too crisp otherwise, and turn down your oven temp a little

definately need to flip it onto a cardboard instead of a cooling rack for support like previously mentioned too... HTH thumbs_up.gif

swingme83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
swingme83 Posted 8 May 2007 , 1:43am
post #5 of 6

i make cookie cakes all the time in the small shallow pizza pan. i never use paper i just really spray every crevice (spell?) with bakers joy (same as pam with flour) and it hasnt stuck yet. I see no reason that it wouldnt work int he rainbow brite pan but if its just the face/design you want why not just decorate the cake like the face/design as you will need to do that after it comes out anyways. hth

24hourmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
24hourmommy Posted 13 May 2007 , 10:49pm
post #6 of 6

Please, let me know what recipe you all use for a chocolate chip cookie cake that is really good? I've been searching the recipes for over an hour & can't find one except one with a cake mix? I'd really appreciate it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%