Sam's Cakes Made Easy Videos

Decorating By pickles777 Updated 16 May 2007 , 2:27am by vicki0052

pickles777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pickles777 Posted 7 May 2007 , 4:59pm
post #1 of 18

Has anyone purchased these? I received an email to get both for like $57 with some free gifts and I didnt know if they are worth the money????

thanks!!

17 replies
doescakestoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doescakestoo Posted 7 May 2007 , 5:04pm
post #2 of 18

Hadn't heard of this. Sam's? Is that Cakes by Sam?

pickles777 Posted 7 May 2007 , 5:08pm
post #3 of 18

http://www.cakesmadeeasy.com/

that is the websight, i am on there email listing somehow that gives you tips.... hope that helps!

thanks again!

leelvlnd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leelvlnd Posted 7 May 2007 , 5:09pm
post #4 of 18

I get the sample emails and enjoy watching the video clips... I have actualy learned alot from watching these little things. Haven't bought the videos yet so I don't know if they're actualy worth the the money??!!!! If you decide to get them let me know if you like them

twindees Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twindees Posted 7 May 2007 , 5:17pm
post #5 of 18

I have never heard of these before. I just looked at the clips on the site and from what I saw it looks like an extended Wilton class. I guess I will have to see the entire thing to tell.

The wilton classes are a lot cheaper

HeatherABC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HeatherABC Posted 7 May 2007 , 5:49pm
post #6 of 18

I have been contemplating these videos for several months now. I have yet to take the plunge and am not sure I will. I have never met anyone that has used them yet, so I don't want to spend the money and not be happy with the results.

pickles777 Posted 7 May 2007 , 8:51pm
post #7 of 18

I agree, i cant decide if i should spend that money on them either. well if anyone does...keep me posted! hehhee

Thanks!

banba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
banba Posted 8 May 2007 , 9:57am
post #8 of 18

I get those emails too and have enjoyed watching some of the video clips but have not ordered anything. Would like to know of anybody that did or does order them!

robin5568 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robin5568 Posted 12 May 2007 , 2:44am
post #9 of 18

I purchased both video's. They had some helpful tips and I'm a addict when it comes to collecting anything on cake decorating, however I wouldn't say they were worth the money. Mostly it was all information you could get for free off CakeCentral and should have had more videos with much more professional tips. If you were a complete novice at decorating and making cakes they are probably a good starting point.

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 12 May 2007 , 2:54am
post #10 of 18

I totally agree with robin5568. Personally I don't think they're worth the money.

bellejoey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellejoey Posted 12 May 2007 , 2:55am
post #11 of 18

I get the emails and in the emails sometimes they give you a free couple of second sneak peeks. I was thinking about buying these...hmmm...

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 12 May 2007 , 4:38am
post #12 of 18

They're not terrible, but almost everything on there I've already seen or read about since joining CC and taking 1 Wilton class! I would save your money for other cake decorating goodies.

pickles777 Posted 14 May 2007 , 1:52pm
post #13 of 18

Thanks for filling me in! I think i will just read more and more on this sight....for free! hehehehe

thanks again!

HeatherABC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HeatherABC Posted 14 May 2007 , 3:01pm
post #14 of 18

Phew... makes me glad I haven't spent the money to buy the videos! Thanks so much for sharing guys!

agagnier Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
agagnier Posted 14 May 2007 , 3:57pm
post #15 of 18

I bought both of them and I only payed $27. I learned a few tricks. They also come with alot of recipes.

Sandralee903 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sandralee903 Posted 14 May 2007 , 4:14pm
post #16 of 18

I bought them both before I found CC! Wish I hadn't spent the $$. I thought the videos would be more comprehensive than the ones you can view before you buy, but they weren't. Agree with robin5568 too.

I haven't been back on their site since the first week I bought the videos.

rajinaren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rajinaren Posted 14 May 2007 , 4:19pm
post #17 of 18

I just watch the clips....I dont think its worth buying the videos if took wilton classes. If you are just going to strat new it will be a good help...some of the clips they put there are nice.

vicki0052 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vicki0052 Posted 16 May 2007 , 2:27am
post #18 of 18

Hi: When the videos came out I purchased the Video II since I felt the Video I was for people who had never taken any classes...They are a good reference. I have purchased all of the cookiesmadeasy and I love them. I will continue to purchase the videos. I can't speak for anyone but myself. That's why we are all unique. What someone may like someone else will not. I, myself enjoy the videos and wll continue to purchase them. Vicki0052

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%