Am I Mistaken?

Decorating By MahalKita Updated 14 May 2007 , 7:22pm by Janette

MahalKita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
25 replies
MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 7 May 2007 , 5:31pm
post #2 of 26

Is that a pic of someone's kiddo that posted it here on the forum? I think the only secure area is the lounge, so if it was posted in another forum, it could be found on Google Yikes!

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 7 May 2007 , 6:14pm
post #3 of 26

That is a pic of someone's daughter. She uses it as her avatar. I can't remember who it is though!

Tramski Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tramski Posted 7 May 2007 , 6:22pm
post #4 of 26

I don't know if it works for Avatars, but it belongs to kerririchards

moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 8 May 2007 , 1:02pm
post #5 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen1977

That is a pic of someone's daughter. She uses it as her avatar. I can't remember who it is though!

This is why I do not post any pics of my child....especially avatars. too many weirdos out there!

jmt1714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmt1714 Posted 8 May 2007 , 1:14pm
post #6 of 26

and if you want to think about HOW scary, using your name as your screen name and including your city makes it ever so easy for someone to figure out pretty much exactly where you are. I can find pretty detailed info on someone with just that little bit of info in about 20 seconds.

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 8 May 2007 , 4:17pm
post #7 of 26

dunce.gif I used my real name

I did take my city off

I don't know why but I just have a bad feeling about putting pictures of people on sites. I'm real uncomforable with My Space. The computer world has too much info on me already I don't need to add to it.

I took off my web-site here too. We had a member a while back that had a real problem with home bakers without a license I would not have put it past her to turn someone in. She's gone now but I still leave it off.

I was one of those people that trusted everyone. Over the years I've had to learn the hard way.

I don't worry about anyone copying my cake pictures because if they can't do better then that they are in bad shape.

BarbaraK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbaraK Posted 9 May 2007 , 6:32am
post #8 of 26

theCookieMoms - did you PM her to let her know so that she could remove that pic from her avatar?

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 9 May 2007 , 11:52am
post #9 of 26

I pm'd her wit ha link to the picture and a link to this thread, but haven't heard anything abck from her.

torki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
torki Posted 9 May 2007 , 1:51pm
post #10 of 26

hey I just got my DH to have a check for me and when you go to this link/google search you can actually look up the members profiles on the displayed thread without being signed in......is this normal???? icon_eek.gificon_confused.gif

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 14 May 2007 , 3:53am
post #11 of 26

Heaven's yes, you can google your user name and all of your CC mentions will show up. I just did it, and there are 2,230 of me. All CC posts.

gabbenmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gabbenmom Posted 14 May 2007 , 4:08am
post #12 of 26

Oh my goodness.....not cool! I just googled my username and it somes up with EVERYTHING!!! There is even a link that they can look at your profile with ANY info you have in there! Email, PM, all cakes, DOB, whree you live, etc, etc. I didn't know this!!!!The whole world wide web thing makes me nervous!!!

MahalKita Posted 14 May 2007 , 4:10am
post #13 of 26

"Heaven's yes, you can google your user name and all of your CC mentions will show up. I just did it, and there are 2,230 of me. All CC posts."

That is scary. What is really scary is I was searching Sombrero Cookies I think & got that picture. I mean it had nothing to do with that person or really even the forum that came up. Things like that can give people a lot of info even by accident.

FatAndHappy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FatAndHappy Posted 14 May 2007 , 4:11am
post #14 of 26

WOW! I didn't realize that!

PS
The google also asked me is I meant fatandhairy! hehehe! icon_razz.gif

MahalKita Posted 14 May 2007 , 4:12am
post #15 of 26

gabbenmom you are so right. there was a ton of stuff on there with my screen name. yikes!!!

gabbenmom Posted 14 May 2007 , 4:14am
post #16 of 26

I know it! I don't like it at all! That i swhy I never post pics of my kids. And people wonder why I won't open a myspace account?! Now I feel like someone is watching me!!!! icon_cool.gif

bethyboop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethyboop Posted 14 May 2007 , 4:21am
post #17 of 26

i totally took my profile off. i guess i was lucky in that only 1 hit came back as mine with my username and nothing with my real name.
geez!!!!

thanks for the tip,
annonymus icon_wink.gif

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 14 May 2007 , 4:23am
post #18 of 26

If you look at my profile page, you'll see very little personal information there. That's why.
Better safe than sorry...

ibteana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibteana Posted 14 May 2007 , 4:32am
post #19 of 26

It gets real scarry when you can go to google, type in your name and city. A map pops up with your address pinpointed then there is a satalite image of your home, street, town! You can also type in your phone number in google area code and number and it tells whos home phone it is with address.

lilypie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilypie Posted 14 May 2007 , 4:41am
post #20 of 26

I guess i'm lucky... if i try lilypie, it just comes up with that baby ticker thing.

but for the record... i was using lilypie first!

bethyboop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethyboop Posted 14 May 2007 , 4:42am
post #21 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibteana

It gets real scarry when you can go to google, type in your name and city. A map pops up with your address pinpointed then there is a satalite image of your home, street, town! You can also type in your phone number in google area code and number and it tells whos home phone it is with address.

GULP....NO KIDDING!!!!

clsilvus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clsilvus Posted 14 May 2007 , 4:43am
post #22 of 26

omg, I just googled my name and 11 pages came up. Even my email address showed up when I left it for instructions on wilton ( before I discovered cc =D ). Can I get rid of that?

MsRhonda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsRhonda Posted 14 May 2007 , 4:46am
post #23 of 26

Wow, this is really wierd!! I googled my name too and it came up with every comment I have made on cakes plus all my personal info. It never crossed my mind that all of that would show up somewhere!!

gabbenmom Posted 14 May 2007 , 1:45pm
post #24 of 26

This is just crazy (and scary)! I am going to bump this so everyone that missed it last night is aware!

Dawn2467 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dawn2467 Posted 14 May 2007 , 3:55pm
post #25 of 26

bump

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 14 May 2007 , 7:22pm
post #26 of 26

Nothing came up for me.

Talk about scary try zabbasearch.com it gives all the addresses where you lived, your birthdate and phone number.

And anyone can pay a fee and get personnal information.

It makes you wonder how did this ever happen.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%