Answer To Spreading Icing Over A Cupcake Cake

Decorating By GHOST_USER_NAME Updated 29 Sep 2007 , 3:17am by pinkbox

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 25 Oct 2004 , 4:43pm
post #1 of 18

Someone posted a few days ago about how to ice a ccc. Of course, I cannot find that post now.

Many are unsure and nervous of icing a ccc. I finally got around to adding pictures of that to my original basic ccc tutorial.

Cupcake Tutorials

And getting the book by Brenda Hoye is very helpful if you want to do something other than a basic shape cake.

17 replies
sel1463 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sel1463 Posted 26 Oct 2004 , 7:12pm
post #2 of 18

cali4dawn ,
I just went to your tutorial & you explained everything so well. thumbs_up.gif I can't wait to try this method out. Much Thanks!

rlctic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rlctic Posted 28 Oct 2004 , 7:31pm
post #3 of 18

Thank you for your unselfish acts of sharing your information with us. I can't wait to try this method and your tutorial makes it simpler than I thought. Thanks again,
Tiffany

Ricosmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ricosmom Posted 3 Nov 2004 , 11:12pm
post #4 of 18

Thank you so much. I have never attempted to do that but would love to do it to take to my son's school for his birthday. The tutorial really made it easy to understand.

labrat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
labrat Posted 4 Nov 2004 , 12:22am
post #5 of 18

Thanks so much for the great tutorial. Now I want to start baking and try one! I think I should find out how many children are in my daughter's class!!

mrsfish94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsfish94 Posted 4 Nov 2004 , 6:03am
post #6 of 18

Dawn....

That was me who asked about icing the CCC. Thank you for your instructions! I will try one and let you know how I did.

Thanks again! thumbs_up.gif

Mrsfish94

AngelWendy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelWendy Posted 28 Mar 2005 , 6:57am
post #7 of 18

I was just wondering how to frost a cupcake cake and then I searched for that phrase and found this wonderful tutorial! Thank you so much, Dawn!

Blessings,
~AngelWendy

Mchelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mchelle Posted 28 Mar 2005 , 3:52pm
post #8 of 18

The tutorial directions are wonderful. I couldn't find the 50ml measuring cup so I used a cookie scoop, not the small one, but the next size, it worked excellent.

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 11:35am
post #9 of 18

50ml is really just 1/4 cup....
and just in case you all may need it heres a link that you can convert anything to anything....I have to use it alot here in Germany where everything is metric.
http://www.onlineconversion.com/
thumbs_up.gif

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 2:20pm
post #10 of 18
Skylar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Skylar Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 2:28pm
post #11 of 18

Dawn,
I had also asked about icing ccc. My ? was about the icing falling down in the spaces. I looked at your tutorial again--if you look at picture 14, you can see the icing dipping down a little. How do you smooth it and get it level with the tops of the cupcakes without it sinking down further? Thanks for the great tutorial and pictures. I guess I just need to practice more! icon_smile.gif

twinsline7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinsline7 Posted 2 Feb 2006 , 6:48pm
post #12 of 18

Thank you SO much.....I can't wait to try it!! icon_biggrin.gif

niki97062 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
niki97062 Posted 2 Feb 2006 , 6:54pm
post #13 of 18

That is so cute, thanks for sharing!

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 2 Feb 2006 , 8:31pm
post #14 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylar

Dawn,
I had also asked about icing ccc. My ? was about the icing falling down in the spaces. I looked at your tutorial again--if you look at picture 14, you can see the icing dipping down a little. How do you smooth it and get it level with the tops of the cupcakes without it sinking down further? Thanks for the great tutorial and pictures. I guess I just need to practice more! icon_smile.gif

I had the same question: Is your icing really thick?

Also, where do you get that tip for filling cupcakes? that looks cool!

melony1976 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melony1976 Posted 3 Feb 2006 , 2:07am
post #15 of 18

I bought my tip # 230 at my local cake store. I love it and kids love the filling in the middle.

berry9f65 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
berry9f65 Posted 3 Feb 2006 , 2:24am
post #16 of 18

could you tell me the name of the book by Brenda Hoye thanks

debbydd1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbydd1 Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 2:27am
post #17 of 18

Hey Dawn, thanks so much for sharing your information about the cupcake cakes. Very unselfish of you...as most people don't want you to know what they know...big deal...we will find out one way or another! Thanks, you are genuine! icon_wink.gif

pinkbox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkbox Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 3:17am
post #18 of 18

save

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%