3D Nordicware Castle Cake Pan Ideas????

Decorating By Schmoop Updated 30 May 2006 , 1:15pm by Crimsicle

Schmoop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Schmoop Posted 30 May 2006 , 5:34am
post #1 of 3

My daughter's Kindergarten class and another class are having a Fairytale presentation of short stories this week for their year end presentation / graduation. I am making 2 castle cakes, one for each of the presentations and I need a little help.

The teacher purchased a nordicware 3d bundt pan for the cakes. I plan on placing the cake on top of a 12" round for more servings. I think I am going to cover cones with fondant brushed with luster dust for the castle and pipe some detailing on the castle portion....not sure what exactly yet. I was thinking the round would have a moat (sp?) and some grass around it.

My questions are, What do you think of this idea and do you have any input? And...if I do use water for the moat, has anyone used the homemade piping gel recipe and is tinting it as easy as adding some color, and what is the best Americolor blue to use to get a true blue without alot of green undertones?

Thanks!
Michelle

2 replies
socake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
socake Posted 30 May 2006 , 12:48pm
post #2 of 3

I have a picture of a castle cake in my photo's if you want to take a look for some ideas.

What does a nordicware 3d bundt pan look like?

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful!

Crimsicle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crimsicle Posted 30 May 2006 , 1:15pm
post #3 of 3

I don't have this pan yet but am thinking about getting it. I thought I'd try some of the impression mats that resemble stonework. But, that's as far as I got with thinking about it. I once made a gingerbread cottage that used broken walnuts for a stone wall. That was pretty effective. I might try that, too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%