Good ,bad, Wait News

Business By msmeg Updated 13 May 2005 , 5:12am by Calejo

msmeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msmeg Posted 11 May 2005 , 5:23pm
post #1 of 4

I have a yearly inspection from the health dept for my childcare license so while she was her I picked her brain a little. It was not all good news but not a total no for my idea of a commercial kitchen

3 sinks ....I knew that......handwashing sink must be in the same room and a distance from the food sink.....must have a mop sink with a back flow preventer but it does not and problably shouldn't be in the same room

so basically I learned it was possible but unless I quit childcare I may not have enough room Which would mean taking a job instead of being self employed until and if I made a profit sufficent to support us

AND there may be some regulations coming down the pipeline that could cause problems so I will dream awhile longer.

3 replies
Chrystal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chrystal Posted 12 May 2005 , 12:54am
post #2 of 4

thats always good that you ask questions..be ready before you actually take that big jump.> I had my quarterly health inspection todya at my butcher shop and i asked many questions about turning it into a bakery and what types of permits and renovations i would need to do.. they were cool and gave me a good website to refer too@!

cesi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cesi Posted 12 May 2005 , 8:39pm
post #3 of 4

msmeg do you mind telling me what the website is? thanks

Calejo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Calejo Posted 13 May 2005 , 5:12am
post #4 of 4

me too, please!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%