I Am Going To Give Mmf A Whack..

Decorating By FromScratch Updated 5 May 2007 , 11:40pm by mmgiles

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 5 May 2007 , 10:04pm
post #1 of 4

Any tips or words of wisdom anyone would like to share would be MOST appreciated.. I have heard about adding some crisco to the marshmallows.. how much do you add?? I am itching to try this.. icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
mommacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommacakes Posted 5 May 2007 , 10:30pm
post #2 of 4

I grease the bowl with crisco and then put marshmellows in and microwave and add about a tablespoon of vanilla because I like the strong vanilla taste. Then I just sift the powder sugar into the bowl and stir like crazy. great arm work out for me. I do not use the whole pound of powdered sugar. i probably have about 1/3 of it left when I am done. If need more because it is still sticky I just add more powder sugar as I go....

I LOVE MMF!!!! It is the greatest!

Also once you are done mixing and once it is cooled get your hands with crisco and powdered sugar and start kneading! Then eventually put it on the table that is either covered with thin layer of crisco or powder sugar and start kneading into a round ball. Then I wrap it and let it rest for about 2 hours to 24 hours

cakejunkie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakejunkie Posted 5 May 2007 , 10:45pm
post #3 of 4

I like to use this recipe for MMF, I think that it is easier: I make it in my mixer with the dough hook attachment and it comes out perfect , plus you don't have to wait for it to cool and you can use it right away! Easy Marshmallow Fondant:

Serves/Yields: enough to cover 10" cake and decorations
Prep. Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time:
Category: Amish/Mennonite
Difficulty: Easy

An easier way to make marshmallow fondant which doesn't require the use of the microwave

1 16oz tub of Marshmallow fluff
6-8 cups of confectioners sugar
2 tsp of flavoring of your choice
paste colors (Optional)

Empty contents of marshmallow fluff in large bowl. add flavoring and stir with spoon. If you desire to color the fondat add your desired color at this stage. Then add confectioners sugar two cups at a time and mix with spoon until no longer sticky, then place on large pastry board or mat lightly rubbed with vegetable shortening and knead until smooth and pliable. Roll out to desired size for covering cake.

Note: The finished fondant is bright white in color due to the marshmallow fluff, which is whiter than marshmallows

mmgiles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmgiles Posted 5 May 2007 , 11:40pm
post #4 of 4

I had problems this week too. Be sure you add a little powdered sugar at a time, you probably wont need all thats in the recipe. ANd I know someone else said this before but be sure you sift your powdered sugar. I was picking chuncks out while i was trying to roll my mmf this morning.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%