Birthday For 13Yearold Boy-No Hobbies, Etc

Decorating By nanni Updated 11 May 2005 , 4:23pm by nanni

nanni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanni Posted 11 May 2005 , 11:55am
post #1 of 5

Mom ordered cake for 13 yo boy for Friday-wants 2 10"round with blue and gold colors-Happy Birthday...-that's it-WHAT IN THE WORLD DO I PUT WITH IT?? I certainly don't want to do roses or flowers, I hate this part of the decorating when there is no hobby, etc-boys are a bit difficult-especially at this age-new teen, etc!! HELP!

4 replies
llj68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llj68 Posted 11 May 2005 , 12:21pm
post #2 of 5

What about maybe doing a really big border and then another "border maybe 1.5 or 2" in. Then you could take curling ribbon in blue and gold in between the borders?

Just a thought! This is a tough one!

Lisa

luceymoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luceymoose Posted 11 May 2005 , 1:52pm
post #3 of 5

For boys, I usually use a rope border. No hobbies... hmmmm...... I like lisa's idea. You could also get soe of those tall, thin candles or sparklers to put in the border too. Maybe put dots of the requested colors all over the cake to add color. Hope this helps!
Dawn

CIndymm4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CIndymm4 Posted 11 May 2005 , 2:02pm
post #4 of 5

I like Lisa's idea too...although I may call the Mom and see if the boy has a favorite Music group.....even kids who aren't into anything in particular usually have a favorite music group and maybe you could do something with that.

nanni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanni Posted 11 May 2005 , 4:23pm
post #5 of 5

thanks for all your help-I think I will go with the curly ribbons idea-Mom said he does not want anything "theme" on his cake-but I certainly don't want it to be plain-I also have his 8th grade graduation cake to do but already have that one figured out-this is the difficult one....thanks again

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%