Do You Have This Cutter Or Know What It Is?

Baking By Sunflowerbagel Updated 6 May 2007 , 9:29pm by Temptations

Sunflowerbagel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sunflowerbagel Posted 5 May 2007 , 3:26pm
post #1 of 32

...got it as a freebie with some 10 cent cutters at a garage sale. We thought at first it was 2 pine cones (but the tops don't look like it)... or pineapples... but it really doesn't look like that. icon_confused.gif Am I blind to what this is supposed to be? The bow is easy to figure out on the other side icon_lol.gif

Thanks.
LL
LL

31 replies
Ksue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ksue Posted 5 May 2007 , 3:38pm
post #2 of 32

I think they're pine cones. And those lines coming out of the tops of them are pine needles.

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 5 May 2007 , 3:38pm
post #3 of 32

LOL! I don't know, but the bow would lead me to Christmas, which in return would lead me to pine cones, but I have no idea what those top bits are meant to be! Sorry, wasn't much help was I lol?!

Sunflowerbagel Posted 5 May 2007 , 3:40pm
post #4 of 32

I just can't see the whole pine needle thing. It kind of reminds me of the aura around Baby Jesus head in Catholic paintings, but of course that wouldn't make sense. It's just a weird cutter.

keonicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keonicakes Posted 5 May 2007 , 3:50pm
post #5 of 32

ok, I just turned my laptop upside down for another view of this. It looks like a butterfly. If you look at it like its pictured, it looks like pinecones with twists of lime on top. Strange.

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 5 May 2007 , 3:50pm
post #6 of 32

Looks like strawberries to me.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 5 May 2007 , 3:54pm
post #7 of 32

well the bow on the back makes me think of christmas which makes me think of a wreath and you do see wreaths with pinecones and two jingle bells on them......maybe that's what it is??

Wendoger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendoger Posted 5 May 2007 , 3:59pm
post #8 of 32

Acorns!!!
thumbs_up.gif

Ksue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ksue Posted 5 May 2007 , 4:05pm
post #9 of 32

I still say it's pine leaves icon_wink.gif I know it looks like a halo, but ... you could ice the pinecone part in brown, ice the halo part in white (snow), then pipe on dark green pine needles splaying out of the top of the pine cones ... and with a plate of those and some red bows highlighted with gold ... I think they'd be great Christmas cookies.

KrisD13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrisD13 Posted 5 May 2007 , 4:05pm
post #10 of 32

Pineapples. The top round things look like the slices of pineapple. Sorry, acorns to me look more like strawberries....short and squat, with a flatter top. icon_sad.gif

Just my HO

bellejoey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellejoey Posted 5 May 2007 , 4:05pm
post #11 of 32

I thought at first the first one was two owls sitting with their backs to us! (But,,,,then again,,,I always see things differently) LOL! ...But....looking at them....they are definately acorns!

tinascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinascakes Posted 5 May 2007 , 4:07pm
post #12 of 32

My guess is pinecones.

Melody25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melody25 Posted 5 May 2007 , 4:09pm
post #13 of 32

Looks like a pinapple to me..Could also be Pine canes with those fuzzy burr things they get.

Sunflowerbagel Posted 5 May 2007 , 4:09pm
post #14 of 32

okay, now I'm even more confused icon_lol.gif

My initial thought was Christmas, because of the bow. Most of the plastic cutters I see are red or green... this is brown.

I just googled some images of acorns and I can't see it.

I'm seeing the owls now!! icon_biggrin.gif

chocolateandpeanutbutter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chocolateandpeanutbutter Posted 5 May 2007 , 4:13pm
post #15 of 32

I guess I really see things differently. My first thought was bootprints! I guess if it's a Christmas cutter, they could be Santa's bootprints...

icon_rolleyes.gif

bellejoey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellejoey Posted 5 May 2007 , 4:15pm
post #16 of 32

Yup...it's like one of those tests the eye doctor gives you for color blindness!! LOL!

Tiffysma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffysma Posted 5 May 2007 , 4:17pm
post #17 of 32

I think it's pine cones too.

Sunflowerbagel Posted 5 May 2007 , 4:19pm
post #18 of 32

I have a clue, but can't find any information on the web:
1984 Wilton
Woodridge, IL
Hong Kong
509-3554

gabbenmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gabbenmom Posted 5 May 2007 , 4:26pm
post #19 of 32

I would also go with pine cones, but think of it this way. With all the ideas everyone has given you, you can make it into any one of the things mentioned!!! You have several cutters in one thumbs_up.gif

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 5 May 2007 , 4:32pm
post #20 of 32

I have to say Acorns, because, Pinecones do not have caps on them and Acorns do. Your cutter has definite caps the way I am seeing it and the shape is Acorn like. The only thing that makes me question these being a Pinecone is the little V shapes, other than that I would say Acorns hands down.
Second cutter definitely a Bow.

Looking at it on the really bright side you have a rather unique and versatile cookie cutter! I can see a pair of Owls being made from this cutter as well as Pinecones or Acorns. Cool! icon_smile.gif

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 5 May 2007 , 4:40pm
post #21 of 32

They are pinecones.. Acorns don't have bumpy sides.. they are smooth and come to a point. I see pinecones with pine needles on the top. It's a plastic cutter from 1984.. and an impression cutter to boot. The v's are meant to be the impressions for the texture of the pinecone segments and the top is round to cut the cookie with the lines to represent pine frawns. At least that's what I see..

Wendoger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendoger Posted 5 May 2007 , 7:35pm
post #22 of 32

Ok, I just googled 'acorn' and now I think its more pinecone...acorns are smooth, no bumps on the side...
PINECONES!!!!!
icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 5 May 2007 , 11:08pm
post #23 of 32

Looks like shoe prints to me. LOL. I'm no help.

TPDC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TPDC Posted 6 May 2007 , 3:30am
post #24 of 32

Okay, this is funny. There are so many different things you could decorate this cookie to be. Everyone sees something different.

Me, I see pineapples.

ShyannAutumn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShyannAutumn Posted 6 May 2007 , 5:54am
post #25 of 32

my 2 cents....

Those are pine cones. At first I thought they were pinapples but after looking at it for a while the circular top with lines are the pine needles.
Pineapple would have the reverse shape (possibly) larger on the bottom (not pointed) narrowing sightly towards the top (where the lines are).

sueco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sueco Posted 6 May 2007 , 6:29am
post #26 of 32

Read the first post and realized you already knew it was two cutters in one, so forget my original post. But I think they are pinecones, too.

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 6 May 2007 , 7:03am
post #27 of 32

Yeah, I'm goin' with pinecones on this one.
LL
LL

Lazy_Susan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lazy_Susan Posted 6 May 2007 , 8:33am
post #28 of 32

I think it's exactly what everyone has suggested it to be! What a wonderfully versatile little cutter icon_biggrin.gif

Lazy_Susan

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 6 May 2007 , 10:15am
post #29 of 32

I think it somewhat looks like Scottish Thistles. The bottom would be a green and the spikey tops would be pink.

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 6 May 2007 , 1:07pm
post #30 of 32

After reading vickymacd's post I did a Google for Scottish Thistle and I do believe she might be onto something.

Here are the photos:
LL
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%