Sorry About Overposting Picture Today!

Decorating By rC Updated 11 May 2005 , 4:39pm by KarenOR

rC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rC Posted 10 May 2005 , 11:55pm
post #1 of 10

I am new at posting here and accidently posted a picture meant for the cake contest in a couple other places. I guess I pressed the send button before reading the directions. The cake was called "Tribute to Grandmother"

9 replies
nanni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanni Posted 11 May 2005 , 12:04am
post #2 of 10

Hey-don't be sorry-we all have had slight of hands when it comes to posting pictures-no big deal-besides-the more sites the more views--and welcome to CC-nice to meet ya!

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 11 May 2005 , 12:36am
post #3 of 10

No biggy..happens to all of us!! Your cake is beautiful and welcome to CakeCentral....glad to have you here!!

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 11 May 2005 , 1:01am
post #4 of 10

I agree we all make mistakes at one time or another, but on another thread one person is getting reamed for making one in the Mother's Day Contest. Go figure! Janice

Joshsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joshsmom Posted 11 May 2005 , 1:22am
post #5 of 10

I actually posted my cake in the contest and then posted it again in the celebrations section. After some thought I emailed Jackie to remove it from the celebration section. I'm only saying this because I personally felt guilty that I may get comments before the contest was over. I would have loved any comments though cuz it was my first real try at basketweave (I've only practiced on wax paper before).

I hope I can say this ....There are some awesome cakes! As a self taught newbie and not having the experience as some, I thought I'd try entering anyway

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 11 May 2005 , 3:37am
post #6 of 10

You enter away Joshsmom!! You never know! Good luck~

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 11 May 2005 , 11:04am
post #7 of 10

everyone makes mistakes...i did the same thing. don't worry about it. icon_lol.gif

llj68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llj68 Posted 11 May 2005 , 12:08pm
post #8 of 10

Wow!! Your cake is beautiful! I looks fake it's so perfect! Did you do the cocoa painting yourself? And what is pastillage? (sp?)

Just lovely--a true work of art!

Lisa

rC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rC Posted 11 May 2005 , 4:37pm
post #9 of 10

Pastillage is a sort of medium like gumpaste but only stronger. It is made with gelatin, water, and powdered sugar. The recipe I use is in the cake bible. The cake is covered in fondant and that is why it looks so smooth. Do you think I could get a buttercream that smooth? No way! It really only took me one night and part of a day to do. Fondant is so fast. The bows had to dry overnight and the cocoa painting was done ahead of time. The rest was done right on the cake with food markers and air brush coloring (dries faster). The board was covered in fondant.

I had meant to only post in the contest. I asked for the site moderator to delete the other post.

KarenOR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KarenOR Posted 11 May 2005 , 4:39pm
post #10 of 10

LOL! I did the exact same thing yesterday.
I posted my marzipan animals in the bday cake section because it defaults to that when I went to upload!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%