My Feelings Are Really Hurt!

Decorating By heychele Updated 30 May 2006 , 1:50am by justducky

mbalis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbalis Posted 26 May 2006 , 6:58pm
post #31 of 76

I can't believe she emailed you that! She's nuts. The cake is perfect. Her poor daughter! icon_sad.gif

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 26 May 2006 , 6:59pm
post #32 of 76

The cake is beautiful!!

fearlessbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fearlessbaker Posted 26 May 2006 , 7:03pm
post #33 of 76

Could it be your cake got a lot of attention and not her??

katleg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katleg Posted 26 May 2006 , 7:07pm
post #34 of 76

i dont have kids yet, but who raises their child to respond to anyone like that?!

i know she is a grown woman, but even all of the young kids in my family would know better than to say something so rude!

sometimes people can really suck!

the scroll/embroidery work is awesome.

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 26 May 2006 , 7:11pm
post #35 of 76

i did not read everyones comments so i may be repeating what someone has already said--BUT BARBIE LOOKS REAL, BARBIE DOESN'T EVEN LOOK LIKE SHE'S A CAKE---DUH---I BET THAT IF MY DAUGHTER WERE TO COME LOOK AT THIS PICTURE SHE WOULDN'T KNOW THE DIFFERENCE---IT IS BEAUTFUL--THIS WOMAN IS STUPID STUPID--TELL HER NEXT TIME (NOT THAT THERE WILL BE WITH YOU-DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME ON HER) TO HAVE SOMEONE ICE BARBIE NAKED & THEN SHE CAN TEACH HER DAUGHTER TO BE HOOKER BRIDE BARBIE---WHAT IN THE WORLD DID SHE THINK WHEN BARBIE IS IN A CAKE??????????????????OMG icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

BakerBea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakerBea Posted 26 May 2006 , 7:12pm
post #36 of 76

your cake is devine, don't let anyone tell you otherwise...people are so mean, that's why I like my animals more.

BakerBea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakerBea Posted 26 May 2006 , 7:14pm
post #37 of 76

As my mother always says.....SHE IS STUCK ON STUPID!!!!!

Fishercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fishercakes Posted 26 May 2006 , 7:15pm
post #38 of 76

I would have wrote back and said that you were modeling it after what you think she would look like as a bride in the future. icon_twisted.gif Or at least I would mark her off the returning customer list because next time you do a cake for her you will put forth even extra effort trying to win a compliment from someone who obviously has no taste (There is no excuse for someone having tastes that bad!!). She is not worth your talent or even second thoughts.

I know it does hurt but you have to rise above the people like that and cherish the people who do appreciate the extra effort that you put forth.

ge978: I like the new avatar! Didn't you say that you were buying the first round?

ge978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ge978 Posted 26 May 2006 , 7:26pm
post #39 of 76
Quote:
Quote:

ge978: I like the new avatar! Didn't you say that you were buying the first round?

heeheee...thanks!! Oh & yes the first round of drinks is on me...here ya go
LL

newdec Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newdec Posted 26 May 2006 , 7:30pm
post #40 of 76

Barbie looks FABULOUS!

T

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 26 May 2006 , 7:36pm
post #41 of 76

OMG how horrible. did the mother actually say a cake looked fat????? It sounds like something either a child would say or an adult with a poor body image.would say.
I want that cake! It is BEAUTIFUL!

4Gifts4Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4Gifts4Lisa Posted 26 May 2006 , 7:48pm
post #42 of 76

How sad. Not only does she completely lack both manners and class, she obviously has some sort of body image disorder. I feel sorry for the 6 year old. She will either be obese or anorexic.

The cake is absolutely stunning.

danifani Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
danifani Posted 26 May 2006 , 7:53pm
post #43 of 76

I think your cake looks just wonderful! I was so bothered by the comment I made my poor DH come and look at the cake and read the awful comment. He loved the cake too. Some people don't get it and never will.....

itsloops Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsloops Posted 26 May 2006 , 8:04pm
post #44 of 76

My three words to her:

BRING IT BACK!!!!!!

thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 26 May 2006 , 8:08pm
post #45 of 76

Ditto on everything above. That poor child!

I have a SIL like that. My neice looks sickly and her mom always tells her "Don't eat that! Do you want to look like so and so?"

She looks great! You did a great job!

tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 26 May 2006 , 8:11pm
post #46 of 76

First things first, your cake is lovely and your gallery spectacular. Now onto this from http://people.bu.edu/kwysocki/versus.html:

Real Women vs. Barbie

Barbie's body would have room for only half of a liver and only a few inches of intestines, as opposed to the usual 26 feet. The result: chronic diarrhea and death from malabsorption & malnutrition.

Barbie's neck is twice as long as the average human's which would make it impossible to hold up her head.

Barbie's waist is the same circumference as her head.

Barbie's legs are 50% longer than her arms, whereas the average woman's legs are only 20% longer than her arms.

If a woman had the same measurements as Barbie, she would not have enough body fat to menstruate (and obviously to have children).

There are 3 billion women on the planet who don't look like Barbie; only 8 women come close.

Barbie would be unable to walk upright (she would need to walk on all 4's): her feet are so proportionately small that her chest would pull her perpetually forward onto her toes.

I don't think your Barbie looks fat she is so out of proportion to start with - LOL.

tiersfromheaven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiersfromheaven Posted 26 May 2006 , 8:13pm
post #47 of 76

I hardly ever post but I had to here! This cake is BEAUTIFUL!! If she thought Barbie looked fat she should write to Mattel!! Aren't most bridal gowns supposed to be poofy!!? I wish I could make a doll cake so lovely!! You never mind what she has to say!

thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 26 May 2006 , 8:14pm
post #48 of 76

Maybe you should e-mail the Real Women vs Barbie to her! icon_lol.gif

TamiAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TamiAZ Posted 26 May 2006 , 8:15pm
post #49 of 76

First of all, your cake is beautiful!! This woman is rude and obviously has no tact!!

SweetDreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetDreams Posted 26 May 2006 , 8:40pm
post #50 of 76

First of all, i think maybe the 6yr old did send you that email because it is so short and nothing else was said. If it was in fact the women emailing you then she must be smoking something because that cake is beautiful and she would not know a great cake if it fell from the sky and smaked her in the face, lol.
Honestly, you did a great job! Don't let a silly email get you upset. icon_biggrin.gif

Crimsicle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crimsicle Posted 26 May 2006 , 8:58pm
post #51 of 76

Your cake is wonderful. The woman is obviously an idiot.

rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 26 May 2006 , 9:04pm
post #52 of 76

You made that girl a BEAUTIFUL cake! One of the best doll cakes I've seen!

cakerlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakerlady Posted 26 May 2006 , 9:10pm
post #53 of 76

The cake is so beautiful. Barbie does NOT look fat. The woman must have a fat obsession. How glad she can be she doesn't have to look at me !!

pancake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pancake Posted 26 May 2006 , 9:20pm
post #54 of 76

Maybe she meant 'phat'......I'm picturing the mom asking her 6-year-old daughter, "what did you think of the cake sweetie?" and her daughter says "She's phat, mom!" And phat means cool, right? At least I think it does, I'm not too cool anymore though so I could be wrong!! Maybe the mom doesn't know how to spell THAT kind of fat!! icon_lol.gif I don't know!...Do 6-year-olds even talk like that!? ......I think you're cake is absolutely fabulous, I put it into my favorites.

knoxcop1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knoxcop1 Posted 26 May 2006 , 9:25pm
post #55 of 76

Whew!

I'm glad I read all the postings, before I posted!

I'm thinking like "Pancake" said, maybe she meant PHAT--the acronym for "PRETTY, HOT, AND TASTY!"

And, if I could do detail work like that---Girl, I wouldn't even care!

I'm astounded at your work. Amazing.

--Knox--

tgirl22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tgirl22 Posted 26 May 2006 , 9:29pm
post #56 of 76

heychele, please don't let her get to you! Your cake was beautiful, and I think she was probably jealous when her daughter loved the cake more than presents!! I would just forget she said it, and decorate another cake to unwind!

dsoutherngirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsoutherngirl Posted 26 May 2006 , 9:37pm
post #57 of 76

I think she's confused because Barbie has on a mod bridal gown. She obviously has no fashion sense whatsoever! icon_mad.gif

sweetsuccess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsuccess Posted 26 May 2006 , 11:21pm
post #58 of 76

You definitely have talent; your Barbie Doll cake is beautiful. Perhaps there is a little bit of jealousy or diva going on. It defintely is something else going on which has nothing to do with your cake. thumbs_up.gif

cakes-r-us Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes-r-us Posted 27 May 2006 , 1:02am
post #59 of 76

Your cakes are gorgeous, and maybe she meant PHAT!! Just a thought she can't be serious about barbie being fat.

Amish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amish Posted 27 May 2006 , 1:55am
post #60 of 76

WOW! The nerve of some people. I think you did a great job on the cake. If she wanted a thin barbie then she should of orederd just the barbie.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%