My Feelings Are Really Hurt!

Decorating By heychele Updated 30 May 2006 , 1:50am by justducky

heychele Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heychele Posted 26 May 2006 , 6:14pm
post #1 of 76

I'm trying really hard not to be a baby about this. I posted the Bride cake that I'm talking about in bridal shower category, it was actually a birthday cake for a six year olds birthday that loves brides.
The cake was picked up by someone other than the Mother and I told them to tell her to let me know what she thought, these are the 3 words that I just received from her in an e-mail.....Barbie looks FAT.
Nothing else, no other comment. icon_surprised.gif
Sometimes I just want to give up, this was just one of three cakes that I made for this weekend so I'm a little stressed icon_cry.gif
Thanks for letting me vent.

75 replies
aliciaL_77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciaL_77 Posted 26 May 2006 , 6:17pm
post #2 of 76

I think she looks great. If she is so hung up on if a CAKE looks fat, I can only imagine the issues she has... dont sweat it..

annlou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annlou Posted 26 May 2006 , 6:17pm
post #3 of 76

OMG! That cake is beautiful! Maybe she was trying to joke with you!?

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 26 May 2006 , 6:17pm
post #4 of 76

I don't think Barbie looks fat, it's a beautiful cake that any little girl would love. Don't let someone's nasty comment bother you.

prettycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettycake Posted 26 May 2006 , 6:18pm
post #5 of 76

Just tell her this is not a Barbie from Hollywood, that's why she does not look anorexic.. Your Barbie just look fabulous..

ge978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ge978 Posted 26 May 2006 , 6:19pm
post #6 of 76

Sounds like the 6-year-old sent you that email!! I actually think you did a pretty job on that cake.

By the way, aren't all Barbie cakes "fat"....I mean, if the dress part weren't a little pouffy(sp?) then there would be no cake! DUH....some people are so strange!!

hynest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hynest Posted 26 May 2006 , 6:19pm
post #7 of 76

The cake is truly beautiful and your talent is obvious. Maybe it's a fat case of jealousy icon_rolleyes.gif

emilykakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emilykakes Posted 26 May 2006 , 6:21pm
post #8 of 76

Your cake looks beautiful!!! Who knows what that lady's problem is....I am sure that the little girl loved it.

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 26 May 2006 , 6:22pm
post #9 of 76

I looked through your gallery while I was looking at Barbie, and ALL of your cakes are beautiful. This one was no exception icon_biggrin.gif

Jenni27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenni27 Posted 26 May 2006 , 6:22pm
post #10 of 76

First off, she does not look fat. Second, people can be such jerks sometimes. I'm sure when you were decorating you weren't aware that you were entering a fasion show as well. The cake looks great and I'm willing to bet the lady that ordered it couldn't do the same thing, or she would have done it herself. I guess the next time she can!

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 26 May 2006 , 6:22pm
post #11 of 76

Well I think she looks fine.

my 3 words back to her would have been...

"SO DO YOU"

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 26 May 2006 , 6:23pm
post #12 of 76

Barbie looks fat?! Well, firstly she could do with a few extra pounds, I mean, what kinda body image are we trying to force onto our little girls with that figure icon_confused.gif , secondly - your cake is beautiful and ignore the mail - I'm sure the recipient loved it, and if she thought Barbie looks fat then heaven help that poor child!

ge978 Posted 26 May 2006 , 6:23pm
post #13 of 76
Quote:
Quote:

my 3 words back to her would have been...

"SO DO YOU"

icon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

cakes47 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes47 Posted 26 May 2006 , 6:23pm
post #14 of 76

Some people should be horse whipped!!
What a mean person she is. I hope you won't do more cakes for her; she certainly doesn't deserve them. Miserable, old crone. GRRRR

You keep on making all those great cakes. I just took a look at your
''album''. You do great work and should be proud of each and every
one that you've done.

Happy Hugs & Lots of Smiles to 'YOU'.

wendysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendysue Posted 26 May 2006 , 6:24pm
post #15 of 76

1. When you first posted this photo my 3 year old daughter screamed "I want that cake for my birthday!".

2. Next to a naked Barbie, everyone is fat.

3. I think if the child said this she was probably looking at the ballooning dress and not suggesting anything was wrong with the cake. Just that her dress is full. She may not be accustomed to seeing Barbie in this type of dress. Kids are honest with how they see things and well, at 6 they don't know much about doll fashion! lol

4. I don't think this was intended to hurt you, but more likely to make you chuckle. icon_wink.gif This cake is gorgeous and I can't imagine anyone making fun of it for real. So, don't worry! You do beautiful work and from were I'm sitting there's not a thing wrong with this cake!

icon_smile.gif

BayouGatorFan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BayouGatorFan Posted 26 May 2006 , 6:24pm
post #16 of 76

Some people have to find something to complain about! Your cake is beautiful! I'm sure the 6-year old fell in love with it and babbled on and on about it! That kind of comment (feedback) is useless and without any further elaboration means that she was just taking an opportunity to bring you down. I mean, really, what could she possibly hope to accomplish with a comment like that? Don't worry one bit, Heychele! Your talent speaks volumes and you should be proud of your lovely creation!

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 26 May 2006 , 6:24pm
post #17 of 76

maybe the client just has an off the wall sense of humor and she really was just joking?!! Really, maybe she didn't mean to hurt your feelings at all. Anyone who looks at the cake can see that it is beautifully done. Great job!!!

heychele Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heychele Posted 26 May 2006 , 6:25pm
post #18 of 76

Thanks everyone. For anyone that has made one of these you know what a pain it is to get the doll down in the cake and try to give her a tiny waist at the same time! All the while not cracking the cake to pieces.
Is it 5:00 o'clock yet? A cocktails starting to sound really good. Lol

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 26 May 2006 , 6:25pm
post #19 of 76

Well, after looking at your gorgeous cake.....I think you should send her an email back that says three words......

YOU ARE NUTS. icon_razz.gif

subaru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
subaru Posted 26 May 2006 , 6:25pm
post #20 of 76

Don't waste one more second worrying about that crude woman's comment. Your cake is beautiful. My goodness, that child will be an anorexic wreck with an obsessive mother like that!

LisaMS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaMS Posted 26 May 2006 , 6:25pm
post #21 of 76

That cake is precious! What a great job you did; I really mean that.

I'd mark her off my customer list; I'm serious. Can't make her happy; for whatever reason; wouldn't even try.

prettycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettycake Posted 26 May 2006 , 6:27pm
post #22 of 76

Or maybe you could have responded : "Well, I wanted her to look like you " ! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

joesmom583 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joesmom583 Posted 26 May 2006 , 6:28pm
post #23 of 76

When I saw your cake posted earlier I thought it was so pretty I immediately saved it. I can't believe someone would email you saying that and only that, it really is beautiful, there really must be something wrong with your customer. I checked out the other cakes in your gallery and they are all amazing also, so don't worry about how your other orders will turnout because you do wonderful work.

ge978 Posted 26 May 2006 , 6:28pm
post #24 of 76

heychele: I'm sure its 5:00 somewhere so here ya go:

Oh & by the way, I'm in Ohio too...just curious what part you are in so I can know whether to watch out for this gem of a customer. thumbs_up.gif
LL

tye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tye Posted 26 May 2006 , 6:30pm
post #25 of 76

How many people did she expect to feed with a skinny barbie???? helllooooooooo its the dress... i'm really hoping she was joking..

wendysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendysue Posted 26 May 2006 , 6:32pm
post #26 of 76

Another thought I have is how sad! This little girl at the tender age of 6 is already making judgments about weight! Is that what our society has come to? I'm guessing she's learned this from someone at home. Good lesson there! Can't tell you how many times my daughter has heard me talk about how fat I look in this or that as I primp in front of the mirror. Kids shouldn't even be thinking about weight. icon_rolleyes.gif

tinascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinascakes Posted 26 May 2006 , 6:41pm
post #27 of 76

Your Barbie cake is really beautiful and so are the rest of your cakes.

lainee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lainee Posted 26 May 2006 , 6:48pm
post #28 of 76

Write her back and ask her if she was using short hand for

Barbie looks Fabulous And Terriffic!

yukisaru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yukisaru Posted 26 May 2006 , 6:49pm
post #29 of 76

it might have been a joke since there really is not feeling in text but even if is not don't take it badly you did a wonderful job and should be proud.

cakeatty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeatty Posted 26 May 2006 , 6:52pm
post #30 of 76

I agree with them! Your Barbie cake is beautiful!! Sounds to me like the person that sent that one doesn't have issues, she's got volumes!!! Keep your chin up and keep on decoratin' girl!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%