Birthday Party Games?

Lounge By flayvurdfun Updated 27 May 2006 , 9:16pm by flayvurdfun

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 25 May 2006 , 4:35pm
post #1 of 9

I have searched the internet, and my mind and really can't come up with any real fun or cute games for my 6yr olds birthday this weekend. Any different games? The party and cake is going to be Ice Age 2. I'm getting so depressed not knowing exactly what I will be doing......
HELP!?

8 replies
spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 25 May 2006 , 4:45pm
post #2 of 9

I wish I could help, My son is only going to be two. is the weather nice where you are? You could do a scavenger (sp) hunt. Ummmm see now this is all I'm going to think about this afternoon. Is it for a boy or girl?

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 25 May 2006 , 4:47pm
post #3 of 9

Ok the first thing that comes to mind is that crazy squirrel trying to get the acorn. There has to be something you can do with that....
Maybe a spin on the baby shower game where you drop the cloths pin into a small container. The kids have to stand over a small container with a acorn at their nose and drop it trying to get it into the hiding place????

pin the trunk on the mammoth? icon_lol.gif

maxiecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maxiecakes Posted 25 May 2006 , 5:43pm
post #4 of 9

Here's a couple of sites I have used in the past.

www.allthatstuff.net
www.earlychildhoodlinks.com

dydemus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dydemus Posted 25 May 2006 , 8:03pm
post #5 of 9

Here's what I've found about parties and games. Kids don't enjoy the competition games as much as we used to when we were little. Times are changin' and if you're not in first place there are melt downs. I like the idea of a scavenger hunt - good ole team work. Or do crafts, projects, games where everyone gets to "win". I like the website www.birthdaypartyideas. there's always a lot of ideas there with whatever theme you're going for. icon_smile.gif

flayvurdfun Posted 27 May 2006 , 2:54am
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by dydemus

Here's what I've found about parties and games. Kids don't enjoy the competition games as much as we used to when we were little.

I couldn't agree more. I just can't seem to get around not having games with a winner.... but I am doing the good ole pinata...

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiecakes

Here's a couple of sites I have used in the past.

www.allthatstuff.net
www.earlychildhoodlinks.com

cool! Thanks, I havent heard of those...will have to checkit out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spottydog

You could do a scavenger (sp) hunt. Ummmm see now this is all I'm going to think about this afternoon. Is it for a boy or girl?

That was something I thought of but out of 25 kids invited only 4 are coming... so I dropped the idea... I forgot it was a long weekend and people would be gone. I really hate people that don't RSVP, so I don't know if they are gone, or coming but didnt call. icon_mad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWTODECORATING

pin the trunk on the mammoth? icon_lol.gif

cool, I thought of that kind of thing, but not trunk on Manny... hmmm thanks...

NOW IF I CAN GET MY MIND OFF THIS HORRID CAKE I'M DOING, I'D BE OK. I AM NOT HAVING A GOOD TIME, NOTHING IS GOING RIGHT, THE BORDER IS FALLING (SOMETHING I NEVER HAD HAPPEN BEFORE... THE CAKE ISN'T CRUSTING, THE LOOK OF THE ICE AND WATER ISN'T WORKING IT JUST LOOKS LIKE BLUE PILE SPREAD AND THE "ICE" JUST LOOKS LIKE THE ******** icon_evil.gificon_mad.gificon_twisted.gif I AM REALLY FUSTRATED RIGHT NOW AND IN TEARS, AND HAD MY HUSBAND AND MY FRIEND HERE HADNT HID THE TRASHCAN ON ME THIS WOULD BE IN THE TRASH.

CAN'T YOU SEE I AM NOT HAVING A GOOD NIGHT.... ouch.gif SORRY icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gifthumbsdown.gifouch.gif

cakecre8tor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecre8tor Posted 27 May 2006 , 3:39am
post #7 of 9

I am probably too late but here is a cool game that my son loved playing - it is kinda like a scavenger hunt but everybody wins. We played outdoors but you need kinda a big area with some trees. You make a huge spider web - if only 4 kids are coming that is perfect. Use 4 different color yarns and just wrap them from tree to tree and interwind the yarns too. Then at the end of each yarn you have a prize - we did small boxes of legos - but you could do whatever. So each child gets a different color yarn and different start point but they all have to figure out how to untangle thier yarn to get there prize! Plus it could take a while! icon_surprised.gif It is a good project for Dad to set up while you fight with that cake!! The weather should be good tomorrow afternoon for it - though you could do it inside if you needed too - room to room! Dont give up on the cake it will turn out!!

HTH!

icon_smile.gifusaribbon.gif

twinsline7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinsline7 Posted 27 May 2006 , 9:09pm
post #8 of 9

what a cool idea cakecre8tor!!!! I'll have to remember that one here!!

so flayv do we get to see the cake?? How did it all work out? Dont forget to tell us!!

flayvurdfun Posted 27 May 2006 , 9:16pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsline7

what a cool idea cakecre8tor!!!! I'll have to remember that one here!!

so flayv do we get to see the cake?? How did it all work out? Dont forget to tell us!!

I'll post it.... perhaps in the disaster area... it actually turned out ok... but only 2 kids showed up..... icon_twisted.gificon_mad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%