Perfect Cakes...kudos To Thanh Thanh

Decorating By suzmazza Updated 29 Jan 2009 , 10:59pm by Ayanami

suzmazza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzmazza Posted 3 May 2007 , 3:25pm
post #1 of 84

Ok, so I check the galleries everyday, so I can comment on peoples cakes, and every day I am blown away by a particular decorator. If anyone hasn't seen the buttercream and fondant designs by Thanh Thanh, do yourself a favor and be wowed and inspired by her cakes! Everytime I click on a cake that I think, this is fabulous, I look to see who made it....and yep....same person! haha.
There are so many talented decorators on this site, but the technique she uses is just amazing, and so different from anything I've seen around here! The best part is....shes self taught!

83 replies
Iheartcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iheartcake Posted 3 May 2007 , 3:31pm
post #2 of 84

Is there a way to do a search for a specific member? The only thing I found by doing a search was this thread..

suzmazza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzmazza Posted 3 May 2007 , 3:37pm
post #3 of 84

Iheartcake-
Maybe its a bug with the new system. You used to be able to just do a search for someones username, and poof, you could view their profile, access all their comments, and cakes that way. Lemme try and get a link to her photo gallery.
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-photos-by-ThanhThanh.html
try the link now. Should work now.

Iheartcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iheartcake Posted 3 May 2007 , 3:48pm
post #4 of 84

WOW.. I can see why you're such a big fan! She has some incredible designs.

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 3 May 2007 , 4:42pm
post #5 of 84

I have done the same thing with her designs....just been floored by the detail, then opened it up and sure enough, it's Thanh Thanh! She does amazing work and it's so original! Her technique looks flawless!

gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Posted 3 May 2007 , 4:50pm
post #6 of 84

Wow, you are right her desings are absolutely breathtaking. She does amysing work. I wish I had 1/10 her talent!

As for doing a search on a user this is How I was told to do it:

copy their cc name, then go to your pictures and change your name for theirs in the address of the window and press enter.

Voila!

Good Luck.

fmcmulle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fmcmulle Posted 3 May 2007 , 5:04pm
post #7 of 84

I found her cakes a few weeks back and still am amazed at how beautiful each one of them are. Does anyone know where she lives? I wonder if she would consider giving classes (hehe). icon_biggrin.gif

fooby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fooby Posted 3 May 2007 , 7:07pm
post #8 of 84

OMG her cakes are absolutely gorgeous!!! Her gumpaste flowers are excellent and her choice of colors are perfect! Wish I had her talent.

ThanhThanh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThanhThanh Posted 3 May 2007 , 11:17pm
post #9 of 84

Thank you for your kind comments!
Im so surprise when I know you guys talked about me in the forums. (Thanks Fooby for let me know )
Fmcmull, Im living in LA state. I dont mind to share, but can you wait until my English get better ..hihi..If you know that I didnt take Cake classes, then you would understand that its hard for me to explain what I do in technical terms.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 3 May 2007 , 11:37pm
post #10 of 84

I so totally agree! "Flawless" is the perfect term. The first time I saw a cake of hers, my mouth just dropped open in total of the perfection I was viewing. WOW! That's all I can say ... Wow!!

fooby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fooby Posted 3 May 2007 , 11:40pm
post #11 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThanhThanh

Thank you for your kind comments!
Im so surprise when I know you guys talked about me in the forums. (Thanks Fooby for let me know )
Fmcmull, Im living in LA state. I dont mind to share, but can you wait until my English get better ..hihi..If you know that I didnt take Cake classes, then you would understand that its hard for me to explain what I do in technical terms.

You're more than welcome, ThanhThanh. BTW, your English is fine. We'll figure it all out in the long run. thumbs_up.gif

cshelz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cshelz Posted 4 May 2007 , 4:20am
post #12 of 84

WOW! They are a work of art. So beautiful. How do you do it? You are so talented. I would love to hear how you started and get any tips.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 4 May 2007 , 2:11pm
post #13 of 84

I agree - gorgeous work! I have a student from Vietnam who decorates along the same lines.....just beautiful work, very detailed and perfect!

Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 7 May 2007 , 3:36pm
post #14 of 84

I have to agree with everyone else. ThanhThanh's artistic eye (and hands) are very very skilled.

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 7 May 2007 , 3:45pm
post #15 of 84

Sign me up for the fan club too!

Thanh Thanh I also took notice of your skillful decorating awhile back. You are so creative and have some of the most original designs, especially your borders those are my favorites!

The_Parsons_Wife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Parsons_Wife Posted 7 May 2007 , 3:51pm
post #16 of 84

Yup, big cheering section here too!

megankennedy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
megankennedy Posted 7 May 2007 , 3:59pm
post #17 of 84

I agree!!! I just sent her a pm last week telling her how awesome they are, and asking for some novice advice...she's very helpful as well. thumbs_up.gif

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 7 May 2007 , 4:16pm
post #18 of 84

Yep, I'm not only a fan, but I'm a member of her fan club too. icon_lol.gif

Her work is very inspiring.

Momof3boys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof3boys Posted 7 May 2007 , 5:43pm
post #19 of 84

I agree her cakes are incredible. I have several of them saved to my favorites. Great Job Thanh Thanh!! I hope to be half as good as you someday!

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 27 Jun 2007 , 4:41pm
post #20 of 84

Giving this a hearty bump as I am in love with her work.

ThanhThanh, I'm a HUGE groupie of yours! icon_lol.gif Your work is exquisite, elegant and so precise. Neat borders, smooth icing and that freehand work - goodness!

I hope one day you will post with us and let us know how you get your buttercream so smooth and everything so perfect. You said you took no classes? You are very gifted.

I'd drive to Louisiana just to sit in the corner of your kitchen and watch.

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 27 Jun 2007 , 4:56pm
post #21 of 84

I agree, I have several of her cakes in my favorites. She has a style of decorating all her own and I am always impressed.

CherryBomb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CherryBomb Posted 28 Jun 2007 , 11:43pm
post #22 of 84

Her work is so beautiful! I'm actually inspired enough to pick up a pastry bag and actually practice.

Cynita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cynita Posted 29 Jun 2007 , 12:01am
post #23 of 84

I am a fan of her work as well. I actually tried to do something similar to one of her designs on my father's day cake posted in my photos. That's all I did was try because I came no where near her designs.
Cynita

ThanhThanh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThanhThanh Posted 1 Jul 2007 , 1:37am
post #24 of 84

Thank you everyone for your lovely compliments!
Many people asked me " how to smooth the cake " I try my best (English) to show how...
Now, I post the way that I smooth the cake
- Apply a crumb coat, spread a thin layer buttercream icing over the cake,
- Let crumb coat in refrigerating at least one hour
- Used a spatula blend the buttercream many time to get air of the icing
- Apply other thick layer of icing on the cake, make smoothing out any air pockets, bumps, or wrinkles across over the cake
- Spray water over the cake, then let the spatula deeps into the hot water and smooth suface. Apply on the top first, then around on the side (to bringing the edge up to meet the top edge), and go back on top smooth inward to make straight edge.
- Practice makes perfect
It has taken me years to get it smooth and even I still have flaws! If you cant understand how I did, Im so sorry for my English.

I'm happy to sharing, but don't ask the "big" or "hard" questions ...hihi

Thanh Thanh

idoweddingcookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idoweddingcookies Posted 1 Jul 2007 , 2:28am
post #25 of 84

Your English is very good Thanh Thanh. I understood perfectly. thumbs_up.gif
All of your cakes are beautiful!

Thank you for posting... icon_biggrin.gif

midgit1205 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
midgit1205 Posted 1 Jul 2007 , 2:38am
post #26 of 84

Add me to the list of fans!!! I think I have everyone of her cakes saved to my favorites!!! Hey-can we nominate her for a member spotlight???

sunflowerfreak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunflowerfreak Posted 1 Jul 2007 , 2:39am
post #27 of 84

I am there with you all. A couple of days ago I saw her newest cakes, the wedding ones, all white, calla lillies, etc. They are amazing. I have almost all of her cakes in my favorites. She is amazing!! And very inspiring.

brwntab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brwntab Posted 1 Jul 2007 , 2:40am
post #28 of 84

thank you thanh thanh for inspiration. you are so awesome!

Granpam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Granpam Posted 1 Jul 2007 , 2:40am
post #29 of 84

Your English is fine and your cakes are awsome works of art. I have a few in my favs too.

amaniemom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amaniemom Posted 1 Jul 2007 , 5:36am
post #30 of 84

I agree your English is fine and your cakes are amazing. icon_surprised.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%