Toba's Glace - Flavoring?

Baking By JenWith Updated 23 May 2007 , 2:21pm by keonicakes

JenWith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenWith Posted 3 May 2007 , 2:54pm
post #1 of 12

I made a small sample of Toba's glace last night to see how I would like it. Made it a bit too thin but I like the look of the cookies once the glace is set but it's very sweet! I added some vanilla and a bit of lemon extract but it's still too sweet. What do you use to flavor your Toba's glace? I would like to use the glace for cookies I'm planning on making for a baby shower. But don't want tooth-zinging sweet glace!

Any thoughts to different flavorings you've used?

Thanks!

11 replies
mitsel8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mitsel8 Posted 3 May 2007 , 8:27pm
post #2 of 12

I would have thought the lemon would have made a difference.

To offset the sweetness a little, I make my cookies fairly thick, 3/8". That way you taste the cookie more than the icing.

JenWith Posted 4 May 2007 , 3:20pm
post #3 of 12

I'll have to remember that when baking the cookies. Making them a bit thicker. I'm planning on trying to make the icing again soon. I really like the way the cookies look after it's set. Nice and shiny.

Thanks!

keonicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keonicakes Posted 6 May 2007 , 9:32pm
post #4 of 12

I like to put in creme bouquet. Nice citrus flavor.

JenWith Posted 7 May 2007 , 1:12pm
post #5 of 12

I ordered some creme bouquet from country kitchen and my order should be delivered tomorrow so I will give that a taste test drive. Thanks for the suggestion! icon_lol.gif

keonicakes Posted 7 May 2007 , 1:14pm
post #6 of 12

I put some in the cookie dough too. People say it's the best decorated cookie they have ever eaten. I just use the nfsc. recipe w/ creme bouquet. That's the secret. I promise, you will love it!!!
Amy

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 7 May 2007 , 1:22pm
post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by keonicakes

I put some in the cookie dough too. People say it's the best decorated cookie they have ever eaten. I just use the nfsc. recipe w/ creme bouquet. That's the secret. I promise, you will love it!!!
Amy

That sounds delicious! I'll try that next time! So for Toba's icing, you use how much creme bouquet? I read in one of her books she likes to use something like vanilla with other flavorings (I'm botching that, I know...) Also, do you use it with milk or water?

Love2Create Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Love2Create Posted 22 May 2007 , 4:32pm
post #8 of 12

Can someone pass on Toba's glaze recipe?

JenWith Posted 22 May 2007 , 6:09pm
post #9 of 12

I made some of Toba's glace with creme bouquet. OH YUM! And I put some in my RI too. I need to buy more of this stuff! I haven't had to make any cookie dough yet; had some in the freezer but next time I have to make dough, I will be adding the creme bouquet to it for sure!

JenWith Posted 22 May 2007 , 6:11pm
post #10 of 12
SueW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueW Posted 23 May 2007 , 1:20am
post #11 of 12

I took a cookie class with Toba a few months ago and she suggested flavoring the glace to match the color. I had never really thought about it but we made the blue tinted glace blueberry, the red cherry etc. It was OK but I am more of a basic vanilla/almond person myself thumbs_up.gif

keonicakes Posted 23 May 2007 , 2:21pm
post #12 of 12

a couple of tsp or to taste. Don't worry about it thinning the recipe as you really need to to add more corn syrup anyway to get to the right consistancy for flooding anyway.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%