You Gotta See This!!!!!!!

Decorating By partsgirl25 Updated 24 May 2006 , 5:51pm by cakesbgood

partsgirl25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
partsgirl25 Posted 23 May 2006 , 4:37am
post #1 of 26

I was browsing on the internet & came across this picture. It made my heart stop. I've http://www.theage.com.au/ffxImage/urlpicture_id_1046540183225_2003/03/11/WEDDING_CAKE.jpg
I've never seen anything like it....just thought i'd share....

25 replies
partsgirl25 Posted 23 May 2006 , 4:39am
post #2 of 26

excuse me..I thought i'd attached the picture .. but it won't let me.

Helendelk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Helendelk Posted 23 May 2006 , 4:39am
post #3 of 26

HOLY Cow look at that Cake.. WOW...
But ewwww look at that truck icon_confused.gif I think after seeing that I would just stand backand look at it and not really rush to taste it..lol
WOW tho

partsgirl25 Posted 23 May 2006 , 4:42am
post #4 of 26

i can't believe anyone would have good enough nerves to whip around town with that huge cake assembled in the back. I don't care if that man's propped up on it or not, he won't be able to save it.

rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 23 May 2006 , 4:43am
post #5 of 26

That's some cake! but yeah...no rush to taste it. Hope no bugs missed the windshield and ended up in the buttercream!

CakesWithAttitude Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesWithAttitude Posted 23 May 2006 , 4:51am
post #6 of 26

looks doctored to me icon_twisted.gif

texa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
texa Posted 23 May 2006 , 4:54am
post #7 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helendelk

HOLY Cow look at that Cake.. WOW...
But ewwww look at that truck icon_confused.gif I think after seeing that I would just stand backand look at it and not really rush to taste it..lol
WOW tho

Truck, yeah, but look at those nasty HANDS, gripping that filthy old tire and then touching the cake???

EWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

And I can't help but wonder about the baker. Perfect illustration for the line, "What were they thinking?!" icon_confused.gif

OK, definitely needing sleep...goodnight! icon_biggrin.gif

Helendelk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Helendelk Posted 23 May 2006 , 5:02am
post #8 of 26

Hubby said well thats the way they do it in NY... icon_confused.gif NO way! I know bakers on here that wouldn't send some elibrate cake like that in the back of a nasty truck with a man holding a TIRE in one hand and touch all over their cake... They would have a TOTAL COW! He said yes but I have seen it when I was there so someone's doing it... MEN think they gotta be right about everything..lol

cindy6250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy6250 Posted 23 May 2006 , 5:17am
post #9 of 26

I agree with the YUCK!! But I can see a man thinking that this is an accectable way to transport a wedding cake....I'm surprised they didn't have it strapped down with some DUCT TAPE!!!

Cindy

kirahhh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kirahhh Posted 23 May 2006 , 6:02am
post #10 of 26

Hmm this looks like it from another country? maybe this is how they do things and how else would they transport that big of a cake..haha.

pinkopossum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkopossum Posted 23 May 2006 , 11:16am
post #11 of 26

that's some cake -wonder where this is exactly?

spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 23 May 2006 , 11:20am
post #12 of 26

OMG......!

gilson6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gilson6 Posted 23 May 2006 , 12:11pm
post #13 of 26

Are those grease spots on his shoulder? There you go - a built in hand sanitizer - a greasy shirt!!!! Gross!

I agree, kirahhh - I think this must be from another country.

unforgetable2u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
unforgetable2u Posted 23 May 2006 , 12:21pm
post #14 of 26

it looks to me like it was altered in either photoshop or paint shop pro... just by where his other hand is resting.. how would he hold the cake there? so more than likely its a gag pic icon_wink.gif

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 23 May 2006 , 12:22pm
post #15 of 26

I don't think there's anyway that can be a real picture, but it would be nutty if it were! Look how much clearer the cake is than the rest, even the man holding it. I can't think of any baker who would transport their work in a nasty truck with a dirty man holding it, unless it's a family member picking it up. Still a crazy picture though!

buzzybee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buzzybee Posted 24 May 2006 , 3:42pm
post #16 of 26

IF this is fake kudos to whoever did the work because it is perfect. I used to retouch photos for work and I cannot find anything to give it away. The lighting and angles look perfect. If you look close up even the pixelization is equal.

I guess it would be gross if bugs got on it, but if his hands were clean and he got in and then touched the tire to hold on I don't think that is too gross. Plus he is only holding the topper.

But I be they had to drive really really slow. icon_biggrin.gif

fearlessbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fearlessbaker Posted 24 May 2006 , 3:48pm
post #17 of 26

Couldn't this be a prop???

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 24 May 2006 , 3:51pm
post #18 of 26

I hope they didn't charge extra for "crunchy topping" in case the bugs did make it into the frosting.

Katskakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katskakes Posted 24 May 2006 , 3:54pm
post #19 of 26

OMG and EWWWWW!!!
i've worked in NYC (manhattan) for 6 years. I have never seen a cake being transported that way. Chances are if it's real, those who ate it didn't know how it was transported. EW

Wandootie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wandootie Posted 24 May 2006 , 3:54pm
post #20 of 26

Looks like a recipe for disaster to me.

Wanda

cakesondemand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesondemand Posted 24 May 2006 , 3:58pm
post #21 of 26

OMG wouldn't want to eat that one. Thank you for making me laugh having a bad day today.

tatetart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatetart Posted 24 May 2006 , 4:08pm
post #22 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzybee

I guess it would be gross if bugs got on it, but if his hands were clean and he got in and then touched the tire to hold on I don't think that is too gross. Plus he is only holding the topper.

icon_biggrin.gif

Ummm, I don't think so. I know how much dirt gets on my car just driving down the street. I wouldn't want to eat a cake that was exposed to road dirt and bugs. I wonder what the health inspector would have to say about transporting a cake in the back of a filthy truck.

YUK!

prettycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettycake Posted 24 May 2006 , 4:15pm
post #23 of 26

There a cake accident waiting to happen... icon_eek.gif

ge978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ge978 Posted 24 May 2006 , 5:11pm
post #24 of 26

Actually, I looked it up & it is a real picture...it was a wedding cake being transported to a reception hall through the streets of Baghdad in 2003.

jo_ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo_ann Posted 24 May 2006 , 5:39pm
post #25 of 26

The website is for an Australian newspaper.

cakesbgood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbgood Posted 24 May 2006 , 5:51pm
post #26 of 26

I would be surprised if it even made it to where it was going!! Wonder how much had to be scraped back up off the dirty bed of the truck and fixed LOL LOL, isn't that just disgusting!! icon_razz.gif LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%