Baker's Compliment

Decorating By AngiesIdea Updated 26 May 2012 , 10:20pm by cookingmama93

AngiesIdea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngiesIdea Posted 3 May 2007 , 6:57am
post #1 of 24

Has anyone ever heard of baker compliment flavoring? I bought some the other day but I wasn't sure what kind of taste it would give so I haven't used it yet. Anybody ever used it?

23 replies
JenniferHeath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferHeath Posted 3 May 2007 , 7:14am
post #2 of 24

I don't know, but now I want to.

blessBeckysbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blessBeckysbaking Posted 3 May 2007 , 9:04am
post #3 of 24

I have never heard of it

yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 3 May 2007 , 1:28pm
post #4 of 24

I have some, there is also another brand called baker's secret. I haven't tried mine yet either but if it tastes anything like it smells in the bottle it should be delicious.

tbittner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tbittner Posted 3 May 2007 , 1:32pm
post #5 of 24

I am curious also, I have seen it online but it has no description!
Tracy

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 3 May 2007 , 1:45pm
post #6 of 24

I've seen it in local cake decorating stores. It smells like eggnog.

Narie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Narie Posted 3 May 2007 , 3:11pm
post #7 of 24

OK, slightly different but similar question. I have used Bakers Emulsion- orange (excellent) but I wonder about Bakers Emulsion -Buttery Sweet Dough or Princess Cake and Cookies. Does anyone know what those two are like?

tbittner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tbittner Posted 3 May 2007 , 7:19pm
post #8 of 24

So has anyone used it?
Tracy

Suzie757 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzie757 Posted 3 May 2007 , 8:21pm
post #9 of 24

I use the Buttery Sweet dough in my cinnamon rolls . It has a scent of orange to it and makes them really good !!! Also I use the Princess Cake and Cookie. THis has a hint of citrus with a nutty undertone. I am sorry to say I have not used the Baker's Compliment so can't help there.

Confectionary2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Confectionary2 Posted 4 May 2007 , 3:31am
post #10 of 24

I don't know either icon_sad.gif
However, I love the Cream Bouquet for a citrus flavor.

yummy Posted 13 May 2007 , 5:41am
post #11 of 24

AngiesIdea, hi! I see that you still haven't received an answer. I'm bringing it back up, have you tried it yet? I was going to use mine for nephews first birthday today, but was nervous because I wasn't sure of how much to use. If you tried it yet please share. How did you and others like it, how would you describe the taste? How much did you use? TIA!

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 13 May 2007 , 6:09am
post #12 of 24
yummy Posted 13 May 2007 , 6:13am
post #13 of 24

That's funny JanH, I don't get that (vanilla/butter)when I smell it.

darkchocolate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darkchocolate Posted 13 May 2007 , 10:53am
post #14 of 24

First of all, I love most all of my products from National Flavors. My sample of Bakers Complement smells like something I can't put my finger one. I received mine last summer and I haven't used it yet. To me it smells strong though. I also bought some Vanilla Butter Nut and it taste like coconut. I baked a pound cake with it and my neighbor lady told her husband I must have made a coconut cake. He told her no, it was a vanilla something cake. My girlfriend loves this extract and so she bought it from me and uses it in cookies and cake.

I love their pure vanilla and pure almond. I also like their clear cotton candy flavoring. They have an amaretto that I like in my chocolate cake. I just received some marshmallow flavoring and I used it in my icing this week-end but I am taking some medicine and my taste is altered, so I can't taste much right now. My daughter said it is good though. I received a sample of their cheesecake flavoring with my order this week. I am not sure what I will use it with.

If you order from them, they are good about sending you a sample. They don't list prices, but customer service has always been friendly and very helpful.

http://www.nationalflavors.com/products.htm

darkchocolate

Housemouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Housemouse Posted 13 May 2007 , 4:01pm
post #15 of 24

I just checked out their website and my mind is boggling... what is Horehound Flavor...It's conjuring up all sorts of images!!!

purpleheart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
purpleheart Posted 14 May 2007 , 6:36pm
post #16 of 24

I have used the bakers compliment. It was great. I can not describe the taste though. I asked the lady that owns the cake cake store where I bought it at and she said it is supposed to compliment any flavors that are in your frosting or cake. Give it a try!!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 14 May 2007 , 11:56pm
post #17 of 24

Really? That's what the lady told me at Baker's Delite (I noticed you were from Michigan thumbs_up.gif) and I thought it smelled like eggnog. I may have to invest... icon_rolleyes.gif

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 15 May 2007 , 5:23am
post #18 of 24
IzzyB1979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IzzyB1979 Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 7:10pm
post #19 of 24

I use it all of the time what do you need to know about it?

yummy Posted 27 Jul 2010 , 1:25pm
post #20 of 24

If you can describe it, what does it taste like? What other flavors and fillings do you think would be nice with it? How much did you use and in what scratch or box mix cake? Thanks for bringing this back up.

IzzyB1979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IzzyB1979 Posted 27 Jul 2010 , 1:46pm
post #21 of 24

The flavor is hard to describe it kind of has a buttery vanilla flavor (and something else that I cannot put my finger on) and smell...I put it in EVERYTHING that I bake I use Tb per cake...if I use a cake mix I use one Tb per pox. So when doing a cake from scratch same thing if you are doubling the batch add more. It works well with ALL flavors because it is a flavor enhancer, love it with chocolate though, it gives an extra flavor element to your cakes.

VSchem Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VSchem Posted 28 Oct 2011 , 7:06pm
post #22 of 24

I use this all the time. It gives your frosting a more rounded flavor if that makes sense. Before I started using it, my frosting just tasted like it was missing something. Now everyone raves about my cakes. I found this recipe on some other site and I use it for all of my cakes now. It's great because there is NO dairy so no refrigeration is needed!

5 oz. of a high ratio shortening (my cake supply carries Sweetex brand)
2 lbs. powdered sugar
1 tsp. of clear vanilla
1 tsp. of butter flavoring
1 tsp. of baker's compliment
and about 1/2 - 3/4 c. water

Mix everything slowly until combined, then beat on high for 10 minutes. I start with the 1/2 c. water and slowly add more until I get the consistency I need for the cake I'm decorating.

Sometimes I have to cut down on the amount of the butter flavoring. Some brands will make it too sweet if the whole tsp. is used.

Narie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Narie Posted 28 Oct 2011 , 8:17pm
post #23 of 24

Horehound is medicinal herb. Although they haven't really proved that it helps any condition. I remember getting horehound drops as a little kid. They were a hard candy sort of like a cough drop. The flavor is ... well, different. I remember my grandmother thought they were good for you.

cookingmama93 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookingmama93 Posted 26 May 2012 , 10:20pm
post #24 of 24

I'm pretty new to CC, but I came across this question and I know it's years old. I am a huge fan of Baker's Complement. I use it as the flavor in my icing especially for kids' cakes/cupcakes. I love the look on people's faces when they try to figure out the flavor and they can't. It's kind of a butter/rum/vanilla with a hint of something I can't quite put my finger on, but people love it! Hth

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%