My Formal Apology To Blue Bonnet

Decorating By Sugarbunz Updated 6 May 2007 , 8:46pm by itsajeepthing0196

Sugarbunz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarbunz Posted 3 May 2007 , 5:38am
post #1 of 10

Last night I posted about how Blue Bonnet threw my recipes off like crazy after I tried it for the first time.

I officially apologize.

Seems it was the stinking Tilamook butter I used that made my frosting icky. I used a small amount of blue bonnet with tilamook last night and had thick yet runny (yeah, wierd combo, I know), granular frosting.

Took out the Blue Bonnet, used different powdered sugar, but tilamook butter again. WITH. THE. SAME. RESULTS. My buttercream is slightly chunky with sugar crystals. Funny thing is I bought two things of Tilamook from different places. Not sure how it could cause the whole crystallization reactiong, but it seems it did! So I apoligize for harping on Blue Bonnet!

9 replies
msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 3 May 2007 , 6:25am
post #2 of 10

Hey Sugarbunz, I'm sure the blue bonnet users accept your apology icon_smile.gif

krojano Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krojano Posted 3 May 2007 , 11:43am
post #3 of 10

of course we do icon_biggrin.gif

lynda-bob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynda-bob Posted 3 May 2007 , 11:56am
post #4 of 10

Yayyy!!! Blue Bonnet rocks IMHO icon_biggrin.gif I actually don't even care what brand of veg. shortening I use, but I gotta have my Blue Bonnet! icon_lol.gif

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 3 May 2007 , 12:49pm
post #5 of 10

That's so funny. I was thinking that blue bonnet was a user name on CC. I thought, oh man, I wonder what's going on now.

MommyBunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommyBunny Posted 3 May 2007 , 4:34pm
post #6 of 10

I thought the same thing.....now is it blue bonnet butter? Just asking, this is the only blue bonnet I know about.

Patricia

itsajeepthing0196 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsajeepthing0196 Posted 3 May 2007 , 5:24pm
post #7 of 10

Im confused, your appologizing to a butter? icon_confused.gif

patriciascakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patriciascakecreations Posted 3 May 2007 , 5:28pm
post #8 of 10

Me too!

Sugarbunz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarbunz Posted 3 May 2007 , 6:51pm
post #9 of 10

I'm apologizing because I was knocking them the other night for something turning out horribly. Is that so bad? I realllllly get into the frosting. icon_razz.gif

itsajeepthing0196 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsajeepthing0196 Posted 6 May 2007 , 8:46pm
post #10 of 10

Ok that makes sense, I couldnt figure out if it was someones screen name or a butter! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%