Strawberrys

Baking By lilthorner Updated 23 May 2006 , 2:24am by cakesondemand

lilthorner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilthorner Posted 22 May 2006 , 7:16pm
post #1 of 7

when poeple use fresh strawberries for cake filling do u put bav. cream in the middle or mix the strawberries with whipped crema or what? just put them on there?

6 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 22 May 2006 , 7:21pm
post #2 of 7

I think some people smash them up and use as filling.....others smash and mix with some bc for filling....all depends on what you want.

cesi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cesi Posted 22 May 2006 , 7:21pm
post #3 of 7

I just made a cake yesterday with fresh strawberries and a white choc. cream filling..all I did was put sliced strawberries on the cake and then covered with the cream filling and then put the other cake half on top..hope that helps.. icon_smile.gif

MomLittr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomLittr Posted 22 May 2006 , 7:28pm
post #4 of 7

The cake I did recently, I used strawberry jam as a thin layer, put sliced fresh strawberries on that, then heated up a little jam to thin it, and spooned over the slices - hopefully it preserved them some, but have not heard from my customer, yet. icon_surprised.gif

ozzynjojo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ozzynjojo Posted 22 May 2006 , 7:35pm
post #5 of 7

I did fresh strawberries as filling this weekend. I used Pastry Pride, whipped it to make whip cream. I spread a layer of whip cream first, then lay the strawberries out and then put another layer of the whip cream. I don't know how fresh they stayed, I havent heard from my customer either.....

angelas2babies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelas2babies Posted 23 May 2006 , 2:12am
post #6 of 7

The best tip someone gave me was to use a layer of No Bake Cheesecake as a filling...a nice thick layer mixed with fresh strawberries. It was incredible. The best part was that the filling is firm enough that it doesn't leak out. I used it with a white cake (A Better White Cake recipe from this site---really good!!!) and a whipped buttercream...I am drooling just thinking about it.

Good luck.
Angie

cakesondemand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesondemand Posted 23 May 2006 , 2:24am
post #7 of 7

all I do is make my well with bc and do squirrleys with the bc all around just big enough to fit a sliced strawberry I get orders for it all the time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%