Restrictions In The Galleries

Decorating By tabs8774 Updated 22 May 2006 , 9:51pm by MissJ

tabs8774 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tabs8774 Posted 22 May 2006 , 11:54am
post #1 of 12

hi i recently uploaded a few new cake pics and i noticed the bright red warning about diaper cakes? what is this in reference to? acctual diaper cakes? am i misreading this? i think i missed something icon_redface.gif can someone explain it before i post something im not supposed to...... please! thumbs_up.gif

11 replies
tabs8774 Posted 22 May 2006 , 12:03pm
post #2 of 12

anyone??? bump bump

caboose_970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caboose_970 Posted 22 May 2006 , 12:05pm
post #3 of 12

they are made of disposable diapers... for decorative purposes .. mostly for baby showers.... non eatable....
Hope this helps... Tina

CanCakeMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CanCakeMom Posted 22 May 2006 , 12:05pm
post #4 of 12

Diaper cakes are something that's made for baby showers.. you take diapers.. roll them and stack them like a tierd cake, and "decorate" with other baby items.

tabs8774 Posted 22 May 2006 , 12:09pm
post #5 of 12

thank you!! i should have known that!! icon_redface.gif but was this a problem?? ive only seen one in the entire site since ive been a member--i didnt realize that there were alot of these being posted. thank you for answering!! thumbs_up.gif

socake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
socake Posted 22 May 2006 , 12:18pm
post #6 of 12

Here is a picture of one!
LL

SheilaF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SheilaF Posted 22 May 2006 , 2:57pm
post #7 of 12

I've seen several posted in the past month or so. I think the issue with CC was, they are not edible. And this is a site for edible creations? That's my understanding anyway.

deijha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deijha Posted 22 May 2006 , 4:22pm
post #8 of 12

I've never seen a diaper cake before. I did see the warning in the gallery and was wondering about it to. I understand now why the warning, but thats a neat way to present diapers to a new mom.

4Gifts4Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4Gifts4Lisa Posted 22 May 2006 , 5:28pm
post #9 of 12

I was wondering about that, too. What a cute idea! I am going to use this idea next time I give a shower!

Along with an edible cake, of course! icon_smile.gif

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 22 May 2006 , 9:36pm
post #10 of 12

I've never seen one of those either, but that's REALLY cool!! Can't wait for the next invite to a baby shower....

rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 22 May 2006 , 9:44pm
post #11 of 12

Diaper cakes are more in the GIFT BASKET catagory. They're cute though.

MissJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissJ Posted 22 May 2006 , 9:51pm
post #12 of 12

Where I live.....No one really knows about DIAPER CAKES. I make them and when I do, they are a huge success. I must say that when people see the one's that I make (BECAUSE they are BEAUTIFUL) they think....."and you really eat these"? I would post it, but since I'm hearing the down about posting them, I'd rather not. In the event that the CC staff allow it in the future, I'd be more than happy to share. Also, I totally agree....This is a site for "EDIBLE CREATIONS" and CC probably sees diaper cakes as just another way to advertise business for something that they're not into. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%