Day Of Sharing: For Louisiana/east Tx & Anyone Close To

Decorating By tcturtleshell Updated 26 Jun 2005 , 2:21pm by stephanie214

CIndymm4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CIndymm4 Posted 12 May 2005 , 2:28am
post #31 of 105

ntertayneme, I was just looking at one of the last cakes you posted, with the purple gumpaste flowers....they were wonderful, would you be interested in sharing that technique with us as well as the roses??

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 12 May 2005 , 2:29am
post #32 of 105

Sure can Cindymm4.. that was my first try at them, lol.. but I'd be more than happy to show how I did them icon_smile.gif

CIndymm4 Posted 12 May 2005 , 2:35am
post #33 of 105

WOO HOO!! THANK YOU!! Okay, anyone else got a skill they want to share???? icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 12 May 2005 , 2:51am
post #34 of 105

icon_cry.gif i live in kansas city, so that would be too far for me to travel....boohoooo
but you know what i was thinking? what if all of us cake central addicts talk about meeitng NEXT SUMMER for the big ICES convention??? we could share rides and rooms and we would have a year to save our money......care to discuss this??????
too excited to even think about it!!!!
melody

CIndymm4 Posted 12 May 2005 , 2:56am
post #35 of 105

Sounds good to me, where's it being held at?

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 12 May 2005 , 2:59am
post #36 of 105

Sounds good to me too ... I'll start saving now! I'm with CIndymm4, where is it to be held?

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 12 May 2005 , 4:05am
post #37 of 105

OH boy another DOS!!! YEA!!! Is it in TX?? Wow!!

Here are some others we can learn or just practice..

Ganache (which is very easy)
MMF (I'm going to practice it next week)
Getting your cakes smooth
How to make a wedding cake
How to cover a cake w/ MMF & Fondant
Add any others...

We'll come up w/ a date in a few more days... getting close.

I'm calling hotels tomorrow to get the best deals. I'll let you know more about that later too.

Thanks!!

tcturtleshell Posted 12 May 2005 , 4:14am
post #38 of 105

Ok... I'm back sooner then I thought about the date....

Looks like the only weekend we would all be free is the last weekend of June. June 25th & 26th.

I thought my DH had reserves duty on 18th & 19th. But he has it on the 4th & 5th. So... how does...... how does
June 25th & 26th sound??????????????????

CIndymm4 Posted 12 May 2005 , 1:26pm
post #39 of 105

Works for me!!

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 12 May 2005 , 1:42pm
post #40 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntertayneme

Well, I've hardly perfected anything! LOL.. but I do my roses on a dowel stick (a short one that's been cut) instead of doing on a nail. Not sure if anyone would be interested in this.

As far as dates go, we're having my father-in-law's 78 birthday party here at my house on June 11th so I wouldn't be able to go on that date. Father's day is on the 19th, so some may be traveling to see their Dad's on that day.. Maybe the first or last Saturday of the month?

I have plans for the first weekend in June...maybe the last weekend. I REALLY want to come to your DOS.

tcturtleshell Posted 13 May 2005 , 7:43pm
post #41 of 105

Then the 25th it is!!!!!!!

Been busy w/ cakes the past few days so forgive me for getting behind on the planning. I have a cake today then I'll get busy~

tcturtleshell Posted 16 May 2005 , 1:58am
post #42 of 105

Just wanted to remind everyone interested in this DOS to PM me with things you would like to learn. I'm getting the list together & need your in-put. Thanks a lot!

tcturtleshell Posted 17 May 2005 , 7:37pm
post #43 of 105

Hey Everyone!!

DOS NEWS........

The date is June 25th

I'm going to call the hotels today~

Please PM me IF you are coming or not coming. I need to know a firm Yes or No. Thanks so much!!

The plans are going great!! Getting excited!!

~TC~

tcturtleshell Posted 17 May 2005 , 7:51pm
post #44 of 105

I forgot to add in the PM's that I will need your full names & addresses so I can send you a schedule, map etc. in the mail.
I assure you that your privacy will be kept. Don't post that info here. Please PM me.

Thanks~

ashianadotkom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashianadotkom Posted 17 May 2005 , 9:03pm
post #45 of 105

hi everyone

i lve in houston
where is this going to be held
i would love to join you all

ashiana

CIndymm4 Posted 18 May 2005 , 1:48am
post #46 of 105

ashiana, it's going to be in bossier, Louisiana, at tcturleshell's home.....we'd love to have you join us!! There are a couple of us Texans that are already planning on being there.

tcturtleshell Posted 18 May 2005 , 3:49am
post #47 of 105

Ashiana,

I have no idea how far Houston is from here. You are very welcome to come! If someone wants to come from Canada come on!! thumbs_up.gif LOL!! The more the merrier. If you really would like to come just let me know for sure ok.

~TC~

ashianadotkom Posted 18 May 2005 , 5:55am
post #48 of 105

where is bossier city?
i have been to new orleans and have driven through louisiana seval times
I know it takes about 2 hours to get to the texas border
Is it far from the border?

Thank you so much

Ashiana

tcturtleshell Posted 18 May 2005 , 6:03am
post #49 of 105

N'Awlins in at the bottom of the state. Bossier is at the top of the state. Maybe 20 miles from the Texas line, if that. North North West La. Just a little down from the top left corner of the state.

I'm sure you've heard of Shreveport. The first place Elvis ever played live, on the La. Hayride!! Shreveport is just across the Red River from Bossier.

I know Dallas is 4 hours from us. Houston has to be further if my geography is right.

tcturtleshell Posted 18 May 2005 , 6:07am
post #50 of 105

I just did a map search. Houston is about 250 miles from Bossier City. Is that too far for you?

ashianadotkom Posted 18 May 2005 , 1:58pm
post #51 of 105

hi turtelshell

thanks for going back and forth with me on this.
no houston is closer to La From houaton Dallas is about 4 -5 hours
Wow 250 miles sounds alot But then again we have driven to Florida so many times and that was about 1200 miles
I'll ask my dh tonight to check and see how long it would take enzo
Is anyone driving from or through Houston?

Ashiana

tcturtleshell Posted 18 May 2005 , 7:46pm
post #52 of 105

No, noone else is driving from Houston so far. Cindy & MsDawn are coming from Lufkin & Longview, TX. Veejaytx is in Carrollton, TX.. you might want to get in touch w/ her. I would love to have her come!! Hope you can come too!! Just let me know ok~ Thanks

SPQ_Stefi_B Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SPQ_Stefi_B Posted 19 May 2005 , 12:39pm
post #53 of 105

Question about the dates: is it Saturday and Sunday? Friday, Saturday and Sunday? mostly Saturday say good-bye Sunday? I have never made a dummy cake before. How do you do it? How many do we need? What size should they be?

CIndymm4 Posted 19 May 2005 , 1:14pm
post #54 of 105

SPQ_Stefi_B a dummy cake is a fake cake, usually made out of styrofoam, it's used when you don't want to bake a cake but just want to practice your different techniques. You know, we really didn't discuss what size, but probably just what ever size you use the most. I have several round ones and several square ones but I havne't even thought about what size I plan on bringing. As for the other question, it's going to be on Saturday, all day. I'm driving in Friday night and will head home Sunday morning. I'm about 2 to 2 1/2 hours drive away.

We'd love to have you join us, just PM tcturtleshell and let her know for sure so she can send you a map and a schedule of the days events.

tcturtleshell Posted 19 May 2005 , 5:14pm
post #55 of 105

I PM Stefi, Cindy. I'm hoping she is coming!

I've made up a list of what we will be learning, the food, supplies etc. I just have to go out & get some ink for my printer! I'm totally out! Then I will get maps done & I should have things ready to be mailed out by Monday IF nothing comes up here!

It is going good!!!!

SPQ_Stefi_B Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SPQ_Stefi_B Posted 20 May 2005 , 12:44pm
post #56 of 105

Thanks for thinking up this great idea and organizing. Yes, I plan to come, just checking my calendar and clearing my agenda. I am definately looking forward to picking your brains for anything and everything you can teach me (old dog, new tricks). thumbs_up.gif WooHoo - Road Trip!!!

tcturtleshell Posted 20 May 2005 , 5:14pm
post #57 of 105

Wonderful Stefi!!! Just PM me your full name & address & I will send you info in the mail!! I'm so happy your coming!! Wonderful!!

ashianadotkom Posted 23 May 2005 , 2:41pm
post #58 of 105

hi turtleshell

Thank you for all the information.I am sorry i won't make.
It's our 5 year wedding anniversary on the 29th and most likely we'll celebrate it that weekend.
I hope all of you will have fun and learn at lot

AShiana

CIndymm4 Posted 23 May 2005 , 2:48pm
post #59 of 105

AShiana, so sorry to hear you won't be able to join all of us but you have a fabulous time with your hubby!! icon_smile.gif

tcturtleshell Posted 25 May 2005 , 5:19pm
post #60 of 105

Well darn! Hopefully we can have another DOS in about 6 months or a year & you can come then. We'll miss you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%