Calling Cake Bite Makers Have A Question

Decorating By deijha Updated 22 May 2006 , 4:24pm by deijha

deijha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deijha Posted 21 May 2006 , 8:39pm
post #1 of 8

HI all, I made my first batch of cake bites this weekend. I am wondering just how moist they are supposed to be? Mine are so very moist. I figured they would dry after the 2 hour dry time. They did dry some on the outside so I rolled them in powdered sugar and it just soaked into them. This morning the ones that are left had a more crusted outside because of the sugar, but the bottom was wet. Did I get to much liquid in them? I used a shot glass for the measurment, its a measured glass, but I'm wondering if its more than a regular shot glass. They were good and are all gone now, but the inside was almost liquid. Any ideas? Thoughts?
I am hoping someone can give me some help. I used thr recipe on here for cake balls (now called cake bites)

7 replies
daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 21 May 2006 , 8:48pm
post #2 of 8

what are cake bites/cake balls? icon_redface.gif sorry i cant answer your question. icon_razz.gif

coffeecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coffeecake Posted 21 May 2006 , 8:48pm
post #3 of 8

I dipped mine in melted chocolate - so they were very rich. The ones I made were also moist inside, but being dipped in chocolate just made them seem truffle-y. I doubt I will try the powedered sugar route - the chocolate dipping takes more time, but is more forgiving! I was concerned about them being moist for too long - but there wasno worry about that, as they did a quick disappearing act.

deijha Posted 21 May 2006 , 10:43pm
post #4 of 8

icon_lol.gif daltonam thats why the name got changed!! If you look in recipes you will find them, I think of them as a way to use up cake scraps, or cakes that fall apart or don't come out of the pan properly, things like that.

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 22 May 2006 , 2:47am
post #5 of 8

thanks

Happygrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Happygrl Posted 22 May 2006 , 5:00am
post #6 of 8

When I make them, I add liquid or frosting until it *just* holds together when rolled into a ball. Almost like a pie crust but a little more wet than that.

I don't measure because it varies each time I make it by how moist the cake is. When I made them last week, I used a cake that had about 6 cups of batter in it and I used about 1/4 cup of BC frosting to do the entire cake batch.

freddie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
freddie Posted 22 May 2006 , 6:32am
post #7 of 8

I also don't add that much moisture, about 2 Tablespoons of binder to 2 cups of crumbs, just enough to hold together. This makes a dryer yet yummy ball, more cakelike and less truffle like.

deijha Posted 22 May 2006 , 4:24pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks you guys, next time I will only use what i need to make them hold together. I knew I could count on you all.
Jeanne

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%