marknrox Posted 8 May 2005 , 6:09pm
post #1 of

I have been laboring over this cake for my MIL's Mother's Day cake. She and FIL have diabetes and I wanted to make something special for them.

The reviews for the Splenda cakes weren't very good, so I was stumped. I went to our Target Bakery and spoke with the head baker. He showed me a pre-made angel food cake that looked really good. I bought it and thought about what I could do with it.

I decided I'd fill the center hole with chocolate pudding and decorate the top with cream cheese icing. I used a recipe I found on the internet that called for 16 packets of Equal. It was incredibly nasty!!! I tried mixing the icing with the pudding to see if it would be any better, but it wasn't. So I got more cream cheese and some whipping cream and some sugar-free vanilla pudding. I mixed it up and added some Splenda and it came out really good. The icing was pretty easy to work with and color. I even made some roses with it and they didn't melt together!! LOL!

I posted my new recipe in the recipe section under Diabetic Icing. The cake is posted in the gallery.

5 replies
m0use Posted 8 May 2005 , 6:40pm
post #2 of

Thank you for this marknrox..I know this is really helpful for people who are looking for something that tastes good and is good for them.

KATE39 Posted 9 May 2005 , 1:52am
post #3 of

VERY NICE CAKE MARKNROX BUT I AM HAVING TROUBLE FINDING THE ICING RECIPE. I WENT TO RECIPES AND TYPE IN DIABETIC ICING, BUT NO SUCH LUCK. DH AND MIL ARE BOTH DIABETICS AND WOULD LIKE TO MAKE SOMETHING FOR THEM WHEN I SERVE REGULAR CAKE AND BCI FOR EVERYBODY ELSE.

marknrox Posted 9 May 2005 , 2:12am
post #4 of

KATE,

I think it'll show up tomorrow. If it doesn't, pm me your email and I'll send it to you.

KATE39 Posted 12 May 2005 , 2:17pm
post #5 of

I JUST PRINTED THE RECIPE. THANKS MARKNROX

marknrox Posted 12 May 2005 , 2:31pm
post #6 of

You are welcome!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%