Im Bursting With Excitement!!

Decorating By Chrystal Updated 9 May 2005 , 10:10am by blessBeckysbaking

Chrystal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chrystal Posted 8 May 2005 , 2:23am
post #1 of 14

Ok.. i know this doesn't have anything to do with Cakes.. but im so excited and my fiancee is away on business.. so i have to tell someone... Today i got a phone call from a culinary school... I was offered a job teaching.. I've only been out of college for 1 year.. and i was offered this huge job to start in August!!!! Right after i get back from my honeymoon.. Im thinking about selling my shop..cause we have to move.. but this is grea.t. I will become a Meatcutting teacher... Cause i own a butcher shop now.. but got this great offer that i can't turn down.. im soooooooo excited...

thanks so much for listening.. Ya'll are great!!
Chrystal!

13 replies
stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 8 May 2005 , 2:28am
post #2 of 14

Hi Chrystal,
Congratulations on your new job. Wishing you much success. thumbs_up.gif

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 8 May 2005 , 2:54am
post #3 of 14

Chrystal, Congratulations! You've mentioned before that you own a butcher shop and that sounds so strange, not because you own one, but because we never hear of butcher shop around here anymore. I'm in Kansas.

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 8 May 2005 , 3:40am
post #4 of 14

That's great news Chrystal...I'm so excited for you! Teaching is such a rewarding job too especially when you love what you teach. Good luck!

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 8 May 2005 , 3:45am
post #5 of 14

Congrats Chrystal!! Best of luck w/your new teaching assignement!

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 8 May 2005 , 5:30am
post #6 of 14

Good luck, hope the butcher shop sells fast for you~

lastingmoments Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lastingmoments Posted 8 May 2005 , 6:37am
post #7 of 14

congratulations.....and good wishes

jscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jscakes Posted 8 May 2005 , 6:52am
post #8 of 14

Best wishes all the way around Chrystal! Things have a way of working out for the best as I'm sure it will for you, congratulations!

Chrystal Posted 8 May 2005 , 8:01am
post #9 of 14

thanks everyone.. im so very excited..can't wait to tell my other half... umm.. I grew up in a butcher shop. When i graduated college last year.. the one that iw as working in was for sale.;. so my grandparents put in 1/3 and my parents threw in 1/3 and i had to come up with the rest.. The shop has done real good. We are more gourmet than what people think.. not the old fashioned type.. no animals hanging and no whole sides of beef for anyone to see... we keep that stuff behind the scenes..ahha..
anyways.. we have had good luck wtih this place and have had a few good offers.. i bought it for just under 100 grand.. and now its appraised at almost 250... so the improvements we made to satisfy me... obviously helped a bit... im so so excited.. but i plan to move back up north after a few years and have a few more kids... whoa sorry i completely got off the topic.. but thanks again for everyones happinesss!

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 8 May 2005 , 9:16am
post #10 of 14

Congrats...glad to hear college is already helping you out!!! Way to go girl

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 9 May 2005 , 2:47am
post #11 of 14

Super Congrats Chrystal! You sound like such a go-getter, my guess is that you will be successful in anything you try to do. icon_smile.gif You'll keep us updated, right?!

Chrystal Posted 9 May 2005 , 5:31am
post #12 of 14

i definately will.. thanks everyone for the excitement.. my fiancee will be home in 4 more days... and then i can tell him... yeahhh.. My daughter made me a cake lol... she decided she wanted to say congrats to me.. she knew i was irritated cause i wanted to tell her dad but hes not near a phone for another few days... so i baked a cake for a neighbor and i left the room so it could cool a little more.. i was making an ice cream cake for her... and i came back.. and my daughter finger painted with her paints rigth onto the cake.. im gonna post the pic..its so cute.. she wanted me to eat it..and i told her no because i saw she used her finger paints as icing...shes a goof ball... lol

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 9 May 2005 , 5:39am
post #13 of 14

How sweet of your daughter to make you a cake--finger paints and all! Well the paints are usually non-toxic...not sure how they'd taste though--LOL!

blessBeckysbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blessBeckysbaking Posted 9 May 2005 , 10:10am
post #14 of 14

Just wanted to add my well wishes and blessings to You!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%