Cupcake Bouquet Idea - Opinions Please!

Decorating By cambo Updated 11 May 2014 , 4:07pm by atcooper24

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 11 May 2007 , 8:18pm
post #331 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajinaren

I too do cakes from cake mixes which are super moist. so it easily break.I also want to know what they use.

I only use mixes (enhanced) and have not had a problem with breakage or tearing off the toothpick. Could depend on region and humidity?

rajinaren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rajinaren Posted 11 May 2007 , 8:21pm
post #332 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by cambo

I only use mixes (enhanced) and have not had a problem with breakage or tearing off the toothpick. Could depend on region and humidity?

icon_cry.gifCan you please give me he recipe

cambo Posted 11 May 2007 , 9:04pm
post #333 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajinaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by cambo

icon_cry.gifCan you please give me he recipe

It's in the recipe section here on CC.

rajinaren Posted 11 May 2007 , 9:10pm
post #334 of 454
Quote:
Quote:

It's in the recipe section here on CC.

Thanks cambo!

mamabaer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamabaer Posted 12 May 2007 , 12:28am
post #335 of 454

I am totally bummed that I didn't find this sooner. Could have marketed this for Mothers Day. Great ideas everyone! Love it!

martyz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
martyz Posted 12 May 2007 , 5:08am
post #336 of 454

Well I thought seeing as though everyone else was having a go....I'd have a try. I mixed mini cupcakes with normal sized ones. My "roses" leave a lot to be desired, but I'm sure my MIL will like it (Ihope it stays in one piece!) I will have some more practise ready for my mum's birthday in a couple of weeks.

mamabaer Posted 12 May 2007 , 5:30am
post #337 of 454

Well, I decided to give it a try anyhow. I did not have the right tip, so I made due with what I had. Didn't turn out as well, but they still worked. I forgot to buy grass, so that didn't help matters. Ended up just putting a thin coat of green BC on the stryofoam. And I really wish I would have gone with the clay pot. They look so much cuter in those. Oh well. Was fun to make!
LL

buttercreamkisses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buttercreamkisses Posted 12 May 2007 , 1:59pm
post #338 of 454

no container. I shaved off some of the styrofoam ball so that it would sit flat and then skewered on the cupcakes. I wanted it to have the essence of her wedding boquet.

mamabaer Posted 12 May 2007 , 2:04pm
post #339 of 454

Oh, I remembered a good trick too when I was making mine and the styrofoam wouldn't fit in. If you rub styrofoam on styrofoam they will "sand" each other down. I cut my ball in half and used the two halves to sand down the outer edges so it would fit in my pail. Just thought I would share this little tip.

buttercreamkisses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buttercreamkisses Posted 12 May 2007 , 2:16pm
post #340 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsajeepthing0196

Has anyone tried making these with the mini cup cake pans? I was just wondering?

I did a boquet like this (I think it's on page 12-if not it's in my photos). It was done to serve at a bridal shower.

Bev55 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bev55 Posted 12 May 2007 , 2:21pm
post #341 of 454

Someone ask if we added anything to add weight to our containers. I was concerned about it tipping over so I found some smooth river rocks in a net bag at $ Tree, and I placed them in the bottom of my container. It worked beautifully. It didn't take a lot so the bag will last for a while. I made a new one last night with chocolate cupcakes. I think the right container and ribbons makes the cupcakes really pop.

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 12 May 2007 , 5:00pm
post #342 of 454

I thought about using the river rocks at $ tree, but wondered.... I did 4 for pickup's today and had no problems EXCEPT with my yellow cake mix ones.... I did 1 in all yellow and then a another customer wanted 1/2 chocolate 1/2 yellow.... every single yellow one tore from the liner as it hung on my toothpick.... and dropped their icing.... the chocolates worked fabulously..... does/has anyone else had this problem with their yellows? Mines was DH yellow, all I ever use, never had a problem with them until now icon_smile.gif just wondering!

rajinaren Posted 12 May 2007 , 5:52pm
post #343 of 454

I am planning to do one tonight for my aunt whose coming to visit us....I am excited since i got do one along with the others will post the picture once i finish it.

mamabaer Posted 12 May 2007 , 6:22pm
post #344 of 454

mine were white cake mix- some stayed on and some fell off. Hoping chocolate will work better since I have an order for one soon. I think part of my problem was that I always fill mine to 2/3 full. Maybe they were too top heavy with the dome?

SugarBakerz Posted 12 May 2007 , 7:45pm
post #345 of 454

I am cutting my dome icon_smile.gif

lu9129 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lu9129 Posted 12 May 2007 , 9:35pm
post #346 of 454

I was going to post a picture for you all to see but my camara just went to prom. Ha ha, so did my daughter!!!! lol.

Cambo, I just can't thank you enough. I want to send you a private message. Do I pm or email???

Anyway, I did eight bouquets yesterday. A girl at work said that mine looked like carnations. My goal was a snowball bush!!! lol. Just to add to the bouquets. I have twirled a green wire and put a fondant bumble bee on it. Really cute.

I love all of the great Ideas. I'm starting the rest tonight. Twelve more bouquets tonight for tomorrow. Thank you Cambo!!!!

Lu

mommalud Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommalud Posted 13 May 2007 , 12:07pm
post #347 of 454

cambo,
how do you fit 14 cupcakes? what size container is it?
i made my first one yesterday and could only fit 6 cc's. i will post a pic when my daughter gets up and dowloads them onto computer.
thanks so much for the wonderful idea. this is great!

TandTHarrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TandTHarrell Posted 13 May 2007 , 12:41pm
post #348 of 454

how how do i keep my icing from falling off. that part is driving me crazy...

cookie22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookie22 Posted 13 May 2007 , 12:53pm
post #349 of 454

trent
I just made a bouquet on friday and one of cupcake's frosting also fell off...So, I let them dry a bit more and they seemed to do fine...Are you putting them on the toothpicks before you frost? If so you could try frosting- drying-then placing..Good luck!

cambo Posted 13 May 2007 , 1:08pm
post #350 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie22

trent
I just made a bouquet on friday and one of cupcake's frosting also fell off...So, I let them dry a bit more and they seemed to do fine...Are you putting them on the toothpicks before you frost? If so you could try frosting- drying-then placing..Good luck!

WOW...I'm so sorry that folks are having trouble w/ the bouquets! Are ya'll using toothpicks, or the wooden picks that I posted a picture of (they seem to hold the cupcakes very tightly). One thing I suggest doing before you stick the cupcakes on the pick and right after icing them is to "tap" the cupcake on your counter to force the icing down onto cake....also, if your icing is on the "thinner" side, it will want to slide off (I learned that one that hard way)!

cambo Posted 13 May 2007 , 1:10pm
post #351 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommalud

cambo,
how do you fit 14 cupcakes? what size container is it?
i made my first one yesterday and could only fit 6 cc's. i will post a pic when my daughter gets up and dowloads them onto computer.
thanks so much for the wonderful idea. this is great!

I leave NO room between the cupcakes at their base! Just squoosh them on! I think that actually might help them to stay on also!

cookie22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookie22 Posted 13 May 2007 , 2:28pm
post #352 of 454

Here is my rendition of Cambo's bouquets..I couldn't find any pots that I liked exept these...I used bags of hershey's kisses for weights..thought the mom's would like an extra treat..Opinions are welcome and wanted...Critical or not- let me know what you think of them.
LL

mom23kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom23kids Posted 13 May 2007 , 2:37pm
post #353 of 454

Cookie22....very nice!!!! icon_smile.gif

bellejoey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellejoey Posted 13 May 2007 , 2:44pm
post #354 of 454

Cambo? or anyone....You probably already answered this question....but how do you transport these in a car? Hmmmm...mine came out wonderful in my pics, but I've been having my poor daughter go with me everywhere and holding them steady in the car! LOL! She's pretty much done...so I need to find a new way.

SugarBakerz Posted 13 May 2007 , 2:59pm
post #355 of 454

I did mine in a priority mail box like this with a hole cut in it!
LL

bellejoey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellejoey Posted 13 May 2007 , 3:04pm
post #356 of 454

Thanks Sugarbakerz...I'll try that! It looks pretty sturdy! Better than my daughters arms flapping around in the back seat! LOL!

kjt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjt Posted 13 May 2007 , 3:32pm
post #357 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie22

let me know what you think of them.

LOVE them! And the kisses, too-better than rocks, etc...nice job icon_wink.gif

rajinaren Posted 14 May 2007 , 12:55am
post #358 of 454

Thanks to cambo! I made a Bouqet too. I added my picture in the gallery. I did a different one with cherry in middle and instead of paper sherds i just kept tissue paper's inbetween and added two butterfiles. I gave this to my aunt she just loved it.

hillmn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hillmn Posted 14 May 2007 , 3:46am
post #359 of 454

I made three of these for mothers day and everyone loved them. I used the round toothpicks and I used an extra one underneath each cupcake for a little extra support. I also found that freezing the cupcakes help them be a little more sturdy when sticking them on the toothpicks. I found these on eBay, do you think they would work?

Cambo - thank you for such a terrific idea, it was so much fun to work on.
LL
LL

thedessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thedessertdiva Posted 14 May 2007 , 3:49am
post #360 of 454

Ok Cambo and Steph2325...I did it and they turned out quite awesome...LOL. Thanks for putting the spark back into baking for me...it was diming out there for a while...

You Two ROCK!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%