Cupcake Bouquet Idea - Opinions Please!

Decorating By cambo Updated 11 May 2014 , 4:07pm by atcooper24

juro1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juro1234 Posted 11 May 2007 , 1:46am
post #301 of 454

Okay I am now officialy addicted to these. I did another one and posted my picture. Found pots at Target that already had a bow on them for $1. Also Dollar Tree sells 1500 toothpicks(for $1) and they also sell the shredded crinkle paper in lots of differents colors.

chocolateandpeanutbutter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chocolateandpeanutbutter Posted 11 May 2007 , 1:56am
post #302 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzie757

I also wanted to add I tried some filled cupcakes today and it went great. I put 2 little squirts of filling on each side and made sure the skewer was in the middle. I didn't have any fall off at least not while it was in my hands !! icon_lol.gif I can't speak for after I left it at my friends shop !! LOL

That's a great idea. I had tried this with regularly filled cupcakes (way back on page icon_cool.gif and I had some problems with them drooping. Thanks for such a great suggestion! I think that a little filling just makes them that much more special!

thumbs_up.gif

heidisuesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heidisuesmom Posted 11 May 2007 , 2:35am
post #303 of 454

Hi guys! These are looking great!!
For those of you wanting info on Old Time Pottery, I worked there for almost 6 years so I'll try to help you out here. They have stores in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina and Tennessee. Their headquarters are in Murfreesburo Tn. You can check out the web site for your area www.oldtimepottery.com They don't have online ordering...if you have a tax I.D number you can get a wholesale price, but you need to set that up before you decide to shop, and make sure you have your paperwork with you!! Most of the foam and stuff is in the floral dept. They also have a large Wilton selection... I can't think of any thing else right now, but I'd love to see you give them business!!Any questions just ask and I'll try to answer them. It's been three years since I worked there though!!

curiegas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
curiegas Posted 11 May 2007 , 2:41am
post #304 of 454

Cambo - - Papermart also has the pvc tubes you were looking at. I believe they are taller than the other ones you saw. They are squares instead of tubes. The measurements are 8 1/8" diam and 22" depth and the 14" depth same diam.

Here is the link
http://www.papermart.com/templates/83-0-15.htm

Thanks Brooke 208 for the link.

Cecilia

nrctermite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nrctermite Posted 11 May 2007 , 2:57am
post #305 of 454

OMG I can't keep up with all of these posts!!! Must go to bed, need to keep reading...I guess I'll catch up tomorrow. I want to make one of these sooo bad, but haven't had time yet!!! icon_cry.gif soon, very soon...

twooten173 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twooten173 Posted 11 May 2007 , 2:59am
post #306 of 454

For those of you who are looking for the 1M tip. Pat Catans sells it at $1.49 or $1.59. Also, they have great prices on pots - $0.25 $0.50 each and cake boxes ($0.33 for a 10"x10"x5").

reesesob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reesesob Posted 11 May 2007 , 3:39am
post #307 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by juro1234

Okay I am now officialy addicted to these. I did another one and posted my picture. Found pots at Target that already had a bow on them for $1. Also Dollar Tree sells 1500 toothpicks(for $1) and they also sell the shredded crinkle paper in lots of differents colors.

I just went to target today to get these and they say, not to be used for food, right on them. Do you think since the cupcake isn't directly in the tin pail they'll be OK?

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 11 May 2007 , 4:08am
post #308 of 454

I don't have time to catch up on all the posts tonight but wow dreamn900, that rose cc bouquet is beautiful I had to strain my eyes to see that they ARE actually cupcakes! I'm gonna have to try this! You guys are soo creative!! I think I'm in a creative slump cave someplace. This idea pops!

Way to go!
Carol

I'll read more tomorrow.

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 11 May 2007 , 4:17am
post #309 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooke208

http://www.papermart.com/templates/41-0-10.htm

Do you think these will work? I think the bouquet measures 8.5x8.5x8.5

Boy do we think alike! Just this morning I ordered a case of the 9x9x9's....my bouquets measure a little less than that, but I doubt I'll have enough room for the "card picks" at the top. I called them to order and they could not verify if the inside of the cartons were FDA approved for food and/or the same chemistry as baker's boxes. My MIL said she can use them at her school if they don't work out! Also, if you order a "cube" size, I can lay the box on it's side so the flap opens like a door, otherwise, you wouldn't be able to get them out of the box....safely anyway!

cambo Posted 11 May 2007 , 4:23am
post #310 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by reesesob

Quote:
Originally Posted by juro1234

I just went to target today to get these and they say, not to be used for food, right on them. Do you think since the cupcake isn't directly in the tin pail they'll be OK?

I think that label is intended for those who might want to put food (like candy corn or something not individually wrapped) directly into it. Your food will not be in contact w/ the container in any way.....I think you're find to use them!

cambo Posted 11 May 2007 , 4:26am
post #311 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiegas

Cambo - - Papermart also has the pvc tubes you were looking at. I believe they are taller than the other ones you saw. They are squares instead of tubes. The measurements are 8 1/8" diam and 22" depth and the 14" depth same diam.

Here is the link
http://www.papermart.com/templates/83-0-15.htm

Thanks Brooke 208 for the link.

Cecilia

Yes, I saw those when I ordered the other cubes this morning, however, they're PVC plastic which is not food safe....one is too tall and the other is perfect height but not large enough around. Thank you so much for your input! I really appreciate you guys looking for me!

cambo Posted 11 May 2007 , 4:29am
post #312 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by heidisuesmom

For those of you wanting info on Old Time Pottery, I worked there for almost 6 years so I'll try to help you out here. They have stores in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina and Tennessee. Their headquarters are in Murfreesburo Tn. You can check out the web site for your area www.oldtimepottery.com They don't have online ordering...if you have a tax I.D number you can get a wholesale price, but you need to set that up before you decide to shop, and make sure you have your paperwork with you!! Most of the foam and stuff is in the floral dept. They also have a large Wilton selection... I can't think of any thing else right now, but I'd love to see you give them business!!Any questions just ask and I'll try to answer them. It's been three years since I worked there though!!

OMG! There's one right next to the building I used to work in! HOLY COW! I'm headed there tomorrow! Thank you so much!

twooten173 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twooten173 Posted 11 May 2007 , 4:53am
post #313 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by cambo

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidisuesmom

OMG! There's one right next to the building I used to work in! HOLY COW! I'm headed there tomorrow! Thank you so much!

Please make sure to tell use what you find there!

ladefly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladefly Posted 11 May 2007 , 1:01pm
post #314 of 454

juro,
where in target did you find them?????
dollar section? or another. i am still looking for them.
are they the 4inch containers too? if so what size of insert did you
use for them? and the toothpicks that you found at the dollar tree.... are they bigger or plastic, i couldnt find any when i went.

rajinaren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rajinaren Posted 11 May 2007 , 1:31pm
post #315 of 454

wow...this thread is so addictive. Thanks Cambo for the article you did on cupcake boquet. Very useful.

Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 11 May 2007 , 1:34pm
post #316 of 454

icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif I made two last night to give to my sister and sister-in-law (for Mother's Day) when I meet them for lunch today. On the way to work (20 miles) with the bouquets, the icing started to side OFF! The icing had crusted well but the cupcakes are sooooo moist it just slid off a couple of them. Will try to just swirl the icing back on with a knife. Oh well, just wanted to vent a little. Hope no one else has to go through this disappointment.

P.S. I did take pictures last night but the camera is at home. Will have to upload pics this weekend.

P.S.S. I also found the 1M tip yestereday and used it on them. It was fun!

juro1234 Posted 11 May 2007 , 2:51pm
post #317 of 454
Quote:
Quote:

juro,
where in target did you find them?????
dollar section? or another. i am still looking for them.
are they the 4inch containers too? if so what size of insert did you
use for them? and the toothpicks that you found at the dollar tree.... are they bigger or plastic, i couldnt find any when i went.

Yes they were in the dollar section by some wedding things.

juro1234 Posted 11 May 2007 , 2:54pm
post #318 of 454
Quote:
Quote:

I agree with cambo that the cupcakes are not touching the pot so it is okay.

rajinaren Posted 11 May 2007 , 2:54pm
post #319 of 454

Hi all check this out:
www.sugarcraft.com/.../cupcakes/bakingcups.htm
LL

rajinaren Posted 11 May 2007 , 2:55pm
post #320 of 454

Look at the packaging
LL

rajinaren Posted 11 May 2007 , 2:58pm
post #321 of 454

I guess you can try to replicate this design. I would love to know if you do this. The kit is expensive. I like the cupcake holder. can somebody tell me howto do it...or any other idea?

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 11 May 2007 , 3:43pm
post #322 of 454

http://www.brpboxshop.com/bakery_boxes/1250x1251.html

I found these too.. they are 12x12x10 with a window top... 107.35 for a case of 100.. They are a bit big though.. I think a 10" square box with a window top would be perfect.. too bad they don't seem to make them.. icon_cry.gif

brightbrats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brightbrats Posted 11 May 2007 , 4:14pm
post #323 of 454

The box is a 9x9x15 for $6.75

Looks great, but awful high. Wonder if they would sell in bulk with a discount. icon_confused.gif

cambo Posted 11 May 2007 , 5:09pm
post #324 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajinaren

Look at the packaging

Yes, I've seen these. The packaging is nicer looking that the product! YIKES that's a scary looking cupcake bouquet icon_confused.gif

cambo Posted 11 May 2007 , 5:12pm
post #325 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkalman

I found these too.. they are 12x12x10 with a window top... 107.35 for a case of 100.. They are a bit big though.. I think a 10" square box with a window top would be perfect.. too bad they don't seem to make them.. icon_cry.gif

My contact in NY and I have discussed these boxes....9x9x9 (or 10) would work, but since the size I'm looking for is not a standard size they'd cost a small fortune to custom cut! This is the look I'm going for though! As I mentioned in an earlier post, I've ordered some boxes from papermart that have a tab closure, so I can place the tab closure on a side of the box so the customer could open it from the back like a door! I have some scrapbooking stencil cutters and am going to make a sample for my guy in NY to take to some manufacturers that can produce it in bulk, out of FDA approved materials....we'll see what price point he comes back with!

cambo Posted 11 May 2007 , 5:16pm
post #326 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkalman

One more note....I don't think $107 is a bad price at all for those boxes...that's a $1 a box....cheaper than some sheet cake boxes I use!

yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 11 May 2007 , 6:08pm
post #327 of 454

I might have missed this but, is anything being used to weigh down bouquets if your using lightweight containers?

Fiddlegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fiddlegirl Posted 11 May 2007 , 7:08pm
post #328 of 454

This is a little off subject, but what kind of cake recipe would I use for cupcake bouquets? Once I made cupcakes and stuck wire card holders in them. The cupcake broke and the card holder fell out. I'm rather scared that I'll stick the cupcake on the toothpick and it will fall off from being too soft. Isn't a regular cake mix too soft? Should I use a pound cake recipe?
I'm going to work on cupcake bouquets in a few weeks and I can hardly wait!! I think they'll make great hostess gifts!
Thanks! icon_smile.gif

rajinaren Posted 11 May 2007 , 7:22pm
post #329 of 454

I too do cakes from cake mixes which are super moist. so it easily break.I also want to know what they use.

JoMarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoMarie Posted 11 May 2007 , 7:24pm
post #330 of 454

I just went to Wal-Mart to look for Styrofoam balls for the Cupcake Bouquets. My local Wal-Mart had all of their Styrofoam balls marked down - Yahoo!! If you happen to go to Wal-Mart make sure you check out the Clearance isle.

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%