Can You Mix Gumpaste And Mmf?

Decorating By boysmomintx Updated 7 May 2005 , 5:33pm by diane

boysmomintx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
boysmomintx Posted 7 May 2005 , 5:13am
post #1 of 3

I am making a wedding cake in 1 month. I was wondering if you can mix the marshmallow fondant with gumpaste to make it harder (ie., to make flowers and leaves), or should I use the regular Wilton fondant and mix in the gumpaste. I do think that CK gumpaste works best for me.

Any ideas? I have only worked with fondant once and marshmallow fondant just to roll out on a 6-inch round the other day. Has anyone tried to roll it out on an 18-inch round?? I was okay doing the 18-inch round with the Wilton and CK, but does MMF hold up for that? I LOVE the taste of it!!

I am doing the same sizes as the cake I posted in the gallery that is 18, 14, 10 and 6. Just want to know if I should stick to what I know (Wilton fondant plus CK gumpaste or MMF with ck gumpaste).

Thanks in advance,
Jennifer

2 replies
CIndymm4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CIndymm4 Posted 7 May 2005 , 2:32pm
post #2 of 3

I don't really know the answer to this but what I do know is that the MMF seems to take longer to harden to me it doesn't seem, even when completely dry and hard as the Wilton Fondant....but since I like th etaste so much better I'm partial to the MMF....I just allow more time for drying. Hopefully someone with more experience will know a more definitive answer for you.

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 7 May 2005 , 5:33pm
post #3 of 3

mmf will dry hard if you roll it out thin, but not as hard as the gumpaste.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%