Wilton's Ready Made Gumpaste...

Decorating By Cake_Princess Updated 3 Jun 2008 , 11:51pm by tracey1970

Cake_Princess Posted 16 May 2006 , 9:21pm
post #1 of 12

Has anyone tried Wilton's ready made Gumpaste?

I tried it this week and it works like charm. I really LOVE the fact that I do not have to mix it. I really was not a fan of having gumpaste all over my hands during the mixing process.

11 replies
ps3884 Posted 16 May 2006 , 9:27pm
post #2 of 12

I just saw this at the store yesterday. I was wondering if it was any good (since I don't care for Wilton's fondant). I haven't tried using gumpaste yet but, I've been wanting to try.

stephanie214 Posted 16 May 2006 , 9:33pm
post #3 of 12

I've tried it but like the CK brand better. CK also makes the ready mix Royal Icing that is also outstanding.

pinkopossum Posted 16 May 2006 , 9:37pm
post #4 of 12

well, well, well C_P. Long time, no see. been a while, huh. I've been absolutely furious! icon_mad.gif You haven't called or nothing! icon_cry.gif here I've been, sitting around waiting and not even a hello!

thought you'd gotten rid of me huh? I'm back and crazier than ever! LOL icon_twisted.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gif

looks like someone else likes the Wilton gumpaste, too. you mean to say, that you don't like that mess all over your hands - lies, lies, all lies! LOL icon_lol.gif

eddie says hi icon_smile.gif

BlakesCakes Posted 17 May 2006 , 12:14am
post #5 of 12

I tried this while attending classes at Wilton in Chicago. I liked it a lot because it could be rolled very thin, it was bright white, and it dried very hard rapidly.

Please tell us where you were able to find it "on the shelves"--it wasn't yet available in retail stores when I was in Chicago in April--and how much you paid for the 1lb. bag.

Thanks,
Rae

stacycakes Posted 17 May 2006 , 12:16am
post #6 of 12

I just saw the one pound bag at A.C.Moore and it was about $6.00.

BlakesCakes Posted 17 May 2006 , 12:20am
post #7 of 12

Thanks for the info!

Rae

TexasSugar Posted 17 May 2006 , 1:18am
post #8 of 12

Michaels is carrying it now as well. If your local store has redone their Wilton section you should find it on the fondant shelf. I think I paid $6.99 for it.

Cake_Princess Posted 18 May 2006 , 4:50am
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkopossum

well, well, well C_P. Long time, no see. been a while, huh. I've been absolutely furious! icon_mad.gif You haven't called or nothing! icon_cry.gif here I've been, sitting around waiting and not even a hello!

thought you'd gotten rid of me huh? I'm back and crazier than ever! LOL icon_twisted.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gif

looks like someone else likes the Wilton gumpaste, too. you mean to say, that you don't like that mess all over your hands - lies, lies, all lies! LOL icon_lol.gif

eddie says hi icon_smile.gif

LOL at have not called.

I have soooooo much going on

Awwwww I miss you Eddie... luffs you!!!!

hiiamanniex3 Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 8:24pm
post #10 of 12

i have a question, Do you have to put vegitible oil in gumpaste to make it mold-able?

psanders76 Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 11:41pm
post #11 of 12

I buy mine at Michaels and its 8.99. Thats when the 50% off coupon comes in handy for me.

tracey1970 Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 11:51pm
post #12 of 12

I also love Wilton gumpaste, but I have used Satin Ice too. I found the Satin Ice OK. I have done more with Wilton. No, you don't have to put anything in ready-made fondant, particularly vegetable oil.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%