spottydog Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 12:31pm
post #1 of

I was wondering if any business owners here have used a pizza oven to bake cakes???? Is it possible to bake a cake on a rack on a pizza oven???? Please Help! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif There is a business oppertunity for me and it comes with "pizza" ovens??????????

12 replies
peacockplace Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 12:32pm
post #2 of

I was just wondering that the other day. hope you find out soon. I'd like to know too.

spottydog Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 12:46pm
post #3 of

icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif Anyone??? icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

vivedcreations Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 2:45pm
post #4 of

I went a couple weeks ago and visited a local bakery. The owner showed me around her whole place and she uses old pizza ovens to bake her cakes in. I've never tried it but she has had much success with it.

spottydog Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 2:48pm
post #5 of

Good to know! Thankyou so much. Would you know if it was a revolving pizza oven or flat bottom?

vivedcreations Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 2:55pm
post #6 of

It was a flat bottom I'm pretty sure.

spottydog Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 2:57pm
post #7 of

oh wow......good to know! Thanks Again!!

vivedcreations Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 2:59pm
post #8 of

Glad to help!

ombaker Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 3:15pm
post #9 of

ARe you referring to a deck oven? The type with stone bottom and sides? If so I used to bake cakes and pies in them all the time. Much better than a convection in my opinion. You can even buy racks to install so you can have 2 shelves.

spottydog Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 3:42pm

Yes I was........it doesn't burn the bottom of the cakes? I think that's what i need to know. Thanks

KoryAK Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 5:20pm

In school we had deck ovens and I believe we covered the bottom in inverted sheet pans to keep the bottoms of the cakes from burning. That type of oven works very well for cakes, pies, and breads.

rshippo Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 7:17pm

the hotel i worked at in australia had deck ovens and that is what we used for most of our stuff we only used the combi ovens for steamed puddings and creme carmels.
the base of the oven had a built in rack to items didnt burn unless we were having maitenace issues but bare in mind our ovens were never turned off they ran 24/7 as the do take a while to come to temperature.

veeveescupcakes Posted 27 Feb 2013 , 9:58am

Does anyone know where to buy the rack to make a double rack for baking? Also would you happen to know what temp to bake cupcakes at? I have an opportunity to do a trial at a friends pizza shop and don't want to waste the time I'm alotted on trying to figure the temps....I'd appreciate any help with this...Thanks and God Bless...Vee :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%