Sharing My New Trick

Decorating By SugarBakerz Updated 30 Apr 2007 , 9:55pm by tincanbaby

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 9:52pm
post #1 of 18

Ok... so I HATE pouring Cupcake batter.... and I get A LOT of cupcake orders.... today I thought... hhmmmmmmmm what can I do to make life easier on this beautiful Sunday.... viola... my extra large McDonald's cup...... been in my cabinet 4EVER... .and I thought lets try it... Ladies and Gentleman it worked beautifully.... they are flexible enough to bend and use as a pour spout and they hold a lot of batter... .so the next time you are in a hurry and want to fill your CC cups.... find your trusty McDonald's plastic drinking cup icon_smile.gif hehehehehehehehehe!

17 replies
kidsnurse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kidsnurse Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 10:02pm
post #2 of 18

oooohh, can't wait to try that one! Thanks a bunch!

CupOfButter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CupOfButter Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 10:02pm
post #3 of 18

I use a ice cream scoop to fill my cupcake cups and 1 scoop is just perfect for each one.

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 10:06pm
post #4 of 18

well my IC scoop is my usual, but we are selling our house, so I have packed up a lot of the clutter (mind you I have tons of cake stuff) so my IC scoop was in the kitchen box..... so my cup it was.... I also have used the wilton candy melt squeeze bottles with the tip cut off, when I do cc mini's!

gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 10:07pm
post #5 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupOfButter

I use a ice cream scoop to fill my cupcake cups and 1 scoop is just perfect for each one.

Same here I have different sizes and they work great.

If I am making some that I want to make sure they are the same size, I place my baking pan on my scale, I use either the ice cream scoop or some measuring cup and pour 1 oz or whatever. But I will have to find one of those McDee's cups and try it. It sound easier and they are so light too.

Good Luck.

julesn20716 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julesn20716 Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 10:12pm
post #6 of 18

Good idea! I usually pour my batter into a pyrex measuring jug and it pours really nicely.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 10:15pm
post #7 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by julesn20716

Good idea! I usually pour my batter into a pyrex measuring jug and it pours really nicely.

That's what I use -- my glass Pyrex measuring glass. Works like a charm! icon_biggrin.gif

tincanbaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tincanbaby Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 12:52am
post #8 of 18

You could also used a disposable frosting bag. Just filled and clip the tip and squeeze.

Biya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Biya Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 1:23am
post #9 of 18

I use the icing bag too, I've used zip locks if I'm being lazy and don't feel like washing the bag.

gateaux Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 1:46am
post #10 of 18

You guys just made me think of something else, I wanted to purchase a "pancake maker pourer" not sure the technical name for my DH for Father's day, I wonder if that would do double duty?

Anyone??

Good Luck

MissLady85 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissLady85 Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 1:51am
post #11 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by gateaux

You guys just made me think of something else, I wanted to purchase a "pancake maker pourer" not sure the technical name for my DH for Father's day, I wonder if that would do double duty?

Anyone??

Good Luck

I cant picture what your saying but it might come in handy for something!!!

gateaux Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 2:29am
post #12 of 18

It's like a measuring cup with a opening at the bottom.

When you asked I thought of it again and looked it up it's called a Pancake Batter Dispenser:

Check it out:
http://www.kitchenniche.ca/pancake-batter-dispenser-p-1040.html?currency=USD

I dont know how well you can control the flow or not. It might be worth the try.

Anyhow my DH is getting one for Fathers day. I will go and pick it up tomorrow!

4 1/2 weeks before baby # 3 arrives and I wont have time once we are homebound for a week or so!

Good Luck

nsouza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nsouza Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 2:33am
post #13 of 18

such a great idea
thumbs_up.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 12:50pm
post #14 of 18
Quote:

Anyone??

Good Luck

If it's the same thing that Williams-Sonoma is selling as a batter pourer for pancakes and muffins, DON'T DO IT MON!!! I spent $35 on that piece of c#@% and you couldn't clean it!! icon_surprised.gificon_eek.gificon_confused.gif That's right, the handle thing on the outside that was attached to the plunger thingy on the inside -- you would pull the handle out and batter would get behind it and there was no way to unscrew it to clean it!! icon_confused.gif Used it once, got all moldy and into the trash it went! icon_evil.giftapedshut.gifthumbsdown.gif Save yourself!!! icon_cool.gif Here's a link to the one I bought: http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/sku7091101/index.cfm?pkey=xsrd0m1%7C15%7C%7C%7C0%7C%7C%7C%7C%7C%7C%7Cbatter&cm%5Fsrc=SCH

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 1:23pm
post #15 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupOfButter

Ditto....but if your stuff is packed up, a flexible cup is a great idea!

Rikke_Denmark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rikke_Denmark Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 2:09pm
post #16 of 18

I like the ice cream scoop, I have to try that.

gateaux Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 4:20pm
post #17 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

Quote:

Anyone??

Good Luck

If it's the same thing that Williams-Sonoma is selling as a batter pourer for pancakes and muffins, DON'T DO IT MON!!! I spent $35 on that piece of c#@% and you couldn't clean it!! icon_surprised.gificon_eek.gificon_confused.gif That's right, the handle thing on the outside that was attached to the plunger thingy on the inside -- you would pull the handle out and batter would get behind it and there was no way to unscrew it to clean it!! icon_confused.gif Used it once, got all moldy and into the trash it went! icon_evil.giftapedshut.gifthumbsdown.gif Save yourself!!! icon_cool.gif Here's a link to the one I bought: http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/sku7091101/index.cfm?pkey=xsrd0m1%7C15%7C%7C%7C0%7C%7C%7C%7C%7C%7C%7Cbatter&cm%5Fsrc=SCH

Thanks for the tip, here I though it would be a great tool for my DH and I to share. HE loves to make his from Scratch pancakes, but ends up with messy measuring cups. Maybe I will have him try the McDee's Cup and that will make it easier. Unless the large Ice Scream scoop might work.

Thanks everyone

Good Luck. thumbs_up.gif

tincanbaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tincanbaby Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 9:55pm
post #18 of 18

gateaux
I just bought one of these (exactly like this one) from salvation army store. I only paid $1.99 for it. Will try it on cupcakes and let you know. I always have used it for pancakes and doughnuts.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%