bigcatz Posted 5 May 2005 , 9:12pm
post #1 of

This was a last minute cake for someone, they asked for a rainbow and a sun. I know if I had more time I could have done more to this cake but I would like to get some ideas from you guys. The lady loved the cake but I thought it was a little plain. What's your thoughts?

I hope this attachment works!
LL

20 replies
diane Posted 5 May 2005 , 9:16pm
post #2 of

that cake is beautiful!!! sometimes less is best!!!...if you want to add something next time you make that cake, maybe a pot of gold!!
icon_lol.gif

peacockplace Posted 5 May 2005 , 10:41pm
post #3 of

I think it's great, but maybe a few more clouds if you wanted to add something. thumbs_up.gif It looks beautiful just the way it is!

MrsMissey Posted 5 May 2005 , 11:19pm
post #4 of

I think your cake is beautiful!! If that lady wanted something more elaborate then maybe she shouldn't have waited until the last minute to order!! thumbs_up.gif

bigcatz Posted 6 May 2005 , 2:18am
post #5 of

Thanks ladies....I like the pot of gold idea! Maybe put pots of gold or clouds on the side of the cake next time. Appreciate the input.

tanyascakes Posted 6 May 2005 , 5:39am
post #6 of

Hi, bigcatz!
I think the cake looks great. I do also like the ideas that were given to you. You did a fine job of making something simple look absolutely terrific!! Pat yourself on the back!
~Tanya

tcturtleshell Posted 6 May 2005 , 6:04am
post #7 of

Very nice cake bigcatz! Great job!

Connie515 Posted 6 May 2005 , 6:45am
post #8 of

I think your cake looks great. I love the star sprinkles around the border. I love the idea with the pot of gold. Maybe Blue Sky darker at the top then lightened up at the bottom?

veejaytx Posted 6 May 2005 , 9:31am
post #9 of

If you didn't really want to add anything, although all the suggestions are good ones, maybe the rainbow could have been a little larger, but basically I think the cake looks great! Janice

Lisa Posted 6 May 2005 , 1:40pm

bigcatz...your cake looks just perfect! I really like it as is but if you wanted to have less white next time you could ice or spray the top blue.

flayvurdfun Posted 6 May 2005 , 3:07pm

I think the cake is speechless as is...

bigcatz Posted 6 May 2005 , 3:40pm

Thanks everyone! I love the ideas..keep them stored away for the next time I am asked to do a cake similar to this.

ntertayneme Posted 6 May 2005 , 4:20pm

I think your cake is very beautiful! Your rainbow is so even and your sun is just awesome ... it's just an all around pretty cake and I don't think you needed to add anything else... sometimes simple is just the best way to go ... I think it's just perfect icon_smile.gif

m0use Posted 6 May 2005 , 4:46pm

Nice job on the cake...maybe some birds in the sky would work.

awela Posted 6 May 2005 , 5:38pm

BigCatz, that cake is simply beautiful!!! It looks so perfect. In my opinion you did a great job! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

stephanie214 Posted 10 May 2005 , 9:58pm

Your cake is absolutely beautiful the way it is, must of the time, simple is better. thumbs_up.gif

llj68 Posted 11 May 2005 , 12:42pm

I think it's BEAUTIFUL! How did you get the rainbow so even?

I guess if you wanted to add something-you could always use my old stand-by. If I think a cake is looking abit plain--I take some cake glitter that I have crushed very fine with a wooden spoon handle, and sprinkle that around the edges. It just seems to add just enough "something" in the plain areas of my cakes.

However, that being said--I love the cake how it is! You did a great job!

Lisa

bigcatz Posted 11 May 2005 , 12:59pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by llj68

I think it's BEAUTIFUL! How did you get the rainbow so even?

I guess if you wanted to add something-you could always use my old stand-by. If I think a cake is looking abit plain--I take some cake glitter that I have crushed very fine with a wooden spoon handle, and sprinkle that around the edges. It just seems to add just enough "something" in the plain areas of my cakes.

However, that being said--I love the cake how it is! You did a great job!

Lisa

Thanks, the rainbow and the sun are edible images. I just ordered some glitter and luster dust, can't wait to use them.

luceymoose Posted 11 May 2005 , 2:35pm

I think your cake looks great!

trisha1972 Posted 12 May 2005 , 4:38am

Maybe grass at the bottom using the grass tip with some drop flowers? Maybe a bird in the sky. Glitter is great. Maybe a pot of gold at the end complete with 3-d coins.

KATE39 Posted 12 May 2005 , 6:15pm

THE CAKE LOOKS GREAT! I WOULDN'T ADD ANYTHING ELSE TO IT. LEAVE IT JUST THE WAY IT IS.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%