What Could I Have Added?

Decorating By bigcatz Updated 12 May 2005 , 6:15pm by KATE39

bigcatz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigcatz Posted 5 May 2005 , 9:12pm
post #1 of 21

This was a last minute cake for someone, they asked for a rainbow and a sun. I know if I had more time I could have done more to this cake but I would like to get some ideas from you guys. The lady loved the cake but I thought it was a little plain. What's your thoughts?

I hope this attachment works!
LL

20 replies
diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 5 May 2005 , 9:16pm
post #2 of 21

that cake is beautiful!!! sometimes less is best!!!...if you want to add something next time you make that cake, maybe a pot of gold!!
icon_lol.gif

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 5 May 2005 , 10:41pm
post #3 of 21

I think it's great, but maybe a few more clouds if you wanted to add something. thumbs_up.gif It looks beautiful just the way it is!

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 5 May 2005 , 11:19pm
post #4 of 21

I think your cake is beautiful!! If that lady wanted something more elaborate then maybe she shouldn't have waited until the last minute to order!! thumbs_up.gif

bigcatz Posted 6 May 2005 , 2:18am
post #5 of 21

Thanks ladies....I like the pot of gold idea! Maybe put pots of gold or clouds on the side of the cake next time. Appreciate the input.

tanyascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyascakes Posted 6 May 2005 , 5:39am
post #6 of 21

Hi, bigcatz!
I think the cake looks great. I do also like the ideas that were given to you. You did a fine job of making something simple look absolutely terrific!! Pat yourself on the back!
~Tanya

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 6 May 2005 , 6:04am
post #7 of 21

Very nice cake bigcatz! Great job!

Connie515 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Connie515 Posted 6 May 2005 , 6:45am
post #8 of 21

I think your cake looks great. I love the star sprinkles around the border. I love the idea with the pot of gold. Maybe Blue Sky darker at the top then lightened up at the bottom?

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 6 May 2005 , 9:31am
post #9 of 21

If you didn't really want to add anything, although all the suggestions are good ones, maybe the rainbow could have been a little larger, but basically I think the cake looks great! Janice

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 6 May 2005 , 1:40pm
post #10 of 21

bigcatz...your cake looks just perfect! I really like it as is but if you wanted to have less white next time you could ice or spray the top blue.

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 6 May 2005 , 3:07pm
post #11 of 21

I think the cake is speechless as is...

bigcatz Posted 6 May 2005 , 3:40pm
post #12 of 21

Thanks everyone! I love the ideas..keep them stored away for the next time I am asked to do a cake similar to this.

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 6 May 2005 , 4:20pm
post #13 of 21

I think your cake is very beautiful! Your rainbow is so even and your sun is just awesome ... it's just an all around pretty cake and I don't think you needed to add anything else... sometimes simple is just the best way to go ... I think it's just perfect icon_smile.gif

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 6 May 2005 , 4:46pm
post #14 of 21

Nice job on the cake...maybe some birds in the sky would work.

awela Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awela Posted 6 May 2005 , 5:38pm
post #15 of 21

BigCatz, that cake is simply beautiful!!! It looks so perfect. In my opinion you did a great job! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 10 May 2005 , 9:58pm
post #16 of 21

Your cake is absolutely beautiful the way it is, must of the time, simple is better. thumbs_up.gif

llj68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llj68 Posted 11 May 2005 , 12:42pm
post #17 of 21

I think it's BEAUTIFUL! How did you get the rainbow so even?

I guess if you wanted to add something-you could always use my old stand-by. If I think a cake is looking abit plain--I take some cake glitter that I have crushed very fine with a wooden spoon handle, and sprinkle that around the edges. It just seems to add just enough "something" in the plain areas of my cakes.

However, that being said--I love the cake how it is! You did a great job!

Lisa

bigcatz Posted 11 May 2005 , 12:59pm
post #18 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by llj68

I think it's BEAUTIFUL! How did you get the rainbow so even?

I guess if you wanted to add something-you could always use my old stand-by. If I think a cake is looking abit plain--I take some cake glitter that I have crushed very fine with a wooden spoon handle, and sprinkle that around the edges. It just seems to add just enough "something" in the plain areas of my cakes.

However, that being said--I love the cake how it is! You did a great job!

Lisa

Thanks, the rainbow and the sun are edible images. I just ordered some glitter and luster dust, can't wait to use them.

luceymoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luceymoose Posted 11 May 2005 , 2:35pm
post #19 of 21

I think your cake looks great!

trisha1972 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trisha1972 Posted 12 May 2005 , 4:38am
post #20 of 21

Maybe grass at the bottom using the grass tip with some drop flowers? Maybe a bird in the sky. Glitter is great. Maybe a pot of gold at the end complete with 3-d coins.

KATE39 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KATE39 Posted 12 May 2005 , 6:15pm
post #21 of 21

THE CAKE LOOKS GREAT! I WOULDN'T ADD ANYTHING ELSE TO IT. LEAVE IT JUST THE WAY IT IS.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%