surfergina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
surfergina Posted 18 May 2006 , 10:37pm
post #31 of 59

Please count me in - thanks!

icon_smile.gif

ozzynjojo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ozzynjojo Posted 18 May 2006 , 10:44pm
post #32 of 59

Okay, me too. Pleaseeeeeeeeee!!! My step-dad is diabetic. Thanks in advance!

jo_ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo_ann Posted 19 May 2006 , 3:14am
post #33 of 59

All sent. icon_smile.gif

Phoov Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Phoov Posted 19 May 2006 , 3:20am
post #34 of 59

JoAnn......I hate to bug you~ but can I have the recipes too????? THANKS!!

jo_ann Posted 19 May 2006 , 3:33am
post #35 of 59

No problem Phoov

ozzynjojo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ozzynjojo Posted 19 May 2006 , 4:49pm
post #36 of 59

joann

I received my e-mail. Thank you so much. Great recipes.

Michelle

jo_ann Posted 20 May 2006 , 3:10am
post #37 of 59

Your very welcome.

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 20 May 2006 , 3:22am
post #38 of 59

"begging" may i please have it also. i just spent 3 days before mom's day looking just for her. i want a tried & true recipe, nothing like baking & taking, then it's awful "begging again" icon_wink.gif

thank you

oh yeah i know what IM is but please what is PM mean? I know i'm gonna feel stupid when someone lets me know HAHA

jo_ann Posted 20 May 2006 , 3:47am
post #39 of 59

all sent daltonam. If you don't get it you can pm me icon_razz.gif (personal message) and I'll send it that way. Okay. Just click on the pm under my name and send me a message.

TPDC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TPDC Posted 20 May 2006 , 3:54am
post #40 of 59

Joann-
Wow, these are really a hit right now. If I could also have those recipes that would be great! I have also been looking for some wonderful tried and true diabetic recipes but have not found any. I am diabetic so it would be great to have a nice recipe just for me. Thank you in advance.

Thea (TPDC)

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 20 May 2006 , 4:01am
post #41 of 59

THAAAANK YOU A BUNCH--I'LL CHECK IT icon_smile.gif

TPDC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TPDC Posted 20 May 2006 , 4:17am
post #42 of 59

I know, off the subject but how do you add your email in here?

jo_ann Posted 20 May 2006 , 1:03pm
post #43 of 59

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to reiterate that these are recipes from EuphoriaBakery. She is absolutely fabulous. Great with sharing. This chocolate cake is so
delicious. It's hard to believe it's sugar free. So Big Thanks to EuphoriaBakery for her fantastic recipes.

cakedeco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedeco Posted 20 May 2006 , 1:06pm
post #44 of 59

Could you please send me your recipes. Every sugar free cake I have done did not taste that well. I'm trying to find one that taste almost like a regular cake.

Thank You
Angie

vera Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vera Posted 21 May 2006 , 12:12pm
post #45 of 59

I would love to have this recipe for my husband, who feels left out everytime I make a cake for someone else. Thank you. Vera W

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 21 May 2006 , 1:37pm
post #46 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by jo_ann

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to reiterate that these are recipes from EuphoriaBakery. She is absolutely fabulous. Great with sharing. This chocolate cake is so
delicious. It's hard to believe it's sugar free. So Big Thanks to EuphoriaBakery for her fantastic recipes.

Please refrain from posting email addresses in the forums but rather post them in your profile. Here are the recipes that Euphoriabakery has posted in the forums.

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-19620.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoriabakery

I just made two sugar free cakes this past week for a diabetic man.

For the cake you can use any recipe you have and just replace the sugar with splenda and add an extra 1/2 tsp baking soda for every cup splenda.

This is the recipe I used and it was awesome!

(Diabetic) Chocolate Cake

3 oz. dark chocolate (sugar free for diabetic)

1 ½ C hot brewed coffee
3 C sugar (Splenda for diabetic)
2 ½ C all-purpose flour
1 ½ C cocoa powder
2 tsp. baking soda (add 1 tsp. for diabetic)
¾ tsp baking powder
1 ¼ tsp salt
3 eggs
¾ C vegetable oil
1 ½ C buttermilk
2 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 300° Grease and flour pans. Line with parchment paper.

Finely chop chocolate and in a bowl combine with hot coffee. Let mixture stand, stirring occasionally, until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.

Into a large bowl sift together sugar(Splenda), flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. In another large bowl with an electric mixer beat eggs until thickened slightly and lemon colored ( about 3 minutes with a standing mixer or 5 minutes with a hand held mixer). Slowly add oil, buttermilk, vanilla, and melted chocolate mixture to eggs, beating until combined well. Add sugar mixture and beat on medium speed until just combined well. Divide batter between pans and bake in middle of oven until a tester inserted in center comes out clean, 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes.

Cool layers completely in pans on racks. Run a thin knife around edges of pans and invert layers onto racks. Carefully remove parchment paper and cool layers completely.

For the icing you can either use whipped cream made with splenda insteda of sugar or you can use the diabetic icing on this site. The diabetic icing from this site is so good. I adapted it to make it chocolate by using a SF chocolate pudding instead of vanilla and adding 1/4 C unsweetened cocoa.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-1980-4-Diabetic-Icing.html

I also have a recipe for a SF mousse. You take 1 C milk, 1 pint whipping cream and a pudding mix and mix them until stiff. It is really yummy. You can use whatever flavor pudding you want for variation.

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-23319.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoriabakery

Here is the one I use. It is an adaptation to a chocolate cake on this site taht is out of this world! And it is really yummy with the diabetic icing on this site made withcream cheese. I adapted that as well to make it chocoalte by adding in some cocoa powder.

(Diabetic) Chocolate Cake

3 oz. dark chocolate (sugar free for diabetic)

1 ½ C hot brewed coffee
3 C sugar (Splenda for diabetic)
2 ½ C all-purpose flour
1 ½ C cocoa powder
2 tsp. baking soda (add 1 tsp. for diabetic)
¾ tsp baking powder
1 ¼ tsp salt
3 eggs
¾ C vegetable oil
1 ½ C buttermilk
2 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 300° Grease and flour pans. Line with parchment paper.

Finely chop chocolate and in a bowl combine with hot coffee. Let mixture stand, stirring occasionally, until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.

Into a large bowl sift together sugar(Splenda), flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. In another large bowl with an electric mixer beat eggs until thickened slightly and lemon colored ( about 3 minutes with a standing mixer or 5 minutes with a hand held mixer). Slowly add oil, buttermilk, vanilla, and melted chocolate mixture to eggs, beating until combined well. Add sugar mixture and beat on medium speed until just combined well. Divide batter between pans and bake in middle of oven until a tester inserted in center comes out clean, 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes.

Cool layers completely in pans on racks. Run a thin knife around edges of pans and invert layers onto racks. Carefully remove parchment paper and cool layers completely.

Diabetic Chocolate Cream Cheese icing

1 pint whipping cream
1 box SF pudding
16 oz. cream cheese
3 T Splenda
¼ C cocoa (optional)

Whip whipping cream in cold bowl until stiff. Add softened cream cheese, pudding mix, cocoa powder and Splenda. Mix on medium speed until well blended.

Also, you can adapt most recipes by adding extra baking soda and subbing Splenda for the sugar. I have found that it is better to add the Splenda in with the dry ingredients rather than creaming with the butter. Just cream the butter by itself and add the Splenda into the dry ingredients. Good luck and let us know how it turns out!

lcdmarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lcdmarie Posted 21 May 2006 , 10:19pm
post #47 of 59

Thank You!

cairocats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cairocats Posted 30 Sep 2013 , 3:50pm
post #48 of 59

Joann,

Would you please send me your recipe for diabetic cake and icing?  My email is [email protected].  Thank you so much.

Nan

thecakediva40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakediva40 Posted 21 Nov 2013 , 4:56am
post #49 of 59

May I please have the recipe for diabetics....Thanks so much.  my email address is [email protected]

thecakediva40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakediva40 Posted 21 Nov 2013 , 5:25am
post #50 of 59

Are there any other diabetic recipes on this forum?  I would like to have a yellow cake recipe as well.  Thanks for all who repond

cairocats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cairocats Posted 22 Nov 2013 , 8:02pm
post #51 of 59

I would also like a yellow cake recipe for diabetics.  If anyone has one...

belenromero103 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
belenromero103 Posted 1 Jan 2014 , 9:44pm
post #52 of 59

ADoes anyone have the cake recipe from jo ann, that could send it to me. I have a niece that is diabetic. Thanks

fabfour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fabfour Posted 5 Jan 2014 , 9:24pm
post #53 of 59

I just saw this post, haven't been on in a while.  Just to give you a heads up, just because a cake is made with splenda and is a "diabetic" recipe doesn't mean it's okay for a diabetic. My daughter was diagnosed 6 months ago, it's the carbs you have to watch. I have done a lot of research and from what I have found is most "diabetic" recipes have more carbs than the regular recipe. When we have birthday parties she is allowed (at her snack time) 1 carb. Which is a 30 gram piece of cake (with icing) or she can have 1/2 cup of ice cream. Her choice.  I use the same cake and icing recipes I have for years.

I just wanted to let you know because until her diagnoses I thought sugar-free meant it was fine for a diabetic, but that is not the case. There are LOTS of misleading information about diabetics! Along with type 1 and type 2 diabetes.

Missy

KatieKake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatieKake Posted 5 Jan 2014 , 9:30pm
post #54 of 59

I would love to have your recipe, I have both a daughter and a good friend, who are diabetic, and special occasions would be so much nicer if they could eat the cake also.  I would really appreciate it. .

Thanks so much.

fabfour Posted 5 Jan 2014 , 9:37pm
post #55 of 59

In all honesty I use Pillsbury cake mix and indydebi's buttercream icing.

scrumdiddlycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrumdiddlycakes Posted 5 Jan 2014 , 10:47pm
post #56 of 59

AI know this is an old thread, by to add to what fabfour posted, I always provide a breakdown of my sugar free cakes to clients. I do it by weight, and it shows how many grams of carbs, sugar and fiber they get per serving. I've used 'diabetic friendly' recipes before, then worked out those categories only to be shocked at how much sugar there actually is.

fabfour Posted 5 Jan 2014 , 10:55pm
post #57 of 59

It really is crazy how much sugar and carbs are in things you would never have guessed. Believe me, our world was turned upside down when we got the diagnoses. I know there are worse things out there but it is still quite life-changing.  Not only do we have to manage and take care of the daily things but then having to explain to people why she can't have something when it's "sugar-free". You wouldn't believe the people who get upset and act like I'm overreacting.

krmen625 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krmen625 Posted 9 Jan 2014 , 5:27pm
post #58 of 59

Can I have the recipe? My grandpa's birthday it's coming up I will like to bake them a cake.

littleangels5905 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littleangels5905 Posted 19 Mar 2014 , 8:06pm
post #59 of 59

can you send the recipes to me as well.  looking to include this in my business.  thanks in advance

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%