What Did Everyone Get For Mothers Day?

Decorating By mmdd Updated 19 May 2006 , 3:09pm by tinascakes

mmdd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdd Posted 14 May 2006 , 2:31pm
post #1 of 71

It's 10:30 in the morning for me and DH is putting my swing together for me. It's a woven swing, well some of it looks like a wicker type material, with big cushy pillows...it even has throw pillows. WOW!! icon_lol.gif

A swing with throw pillows?!?!?! icon_eek.gif

(And, then I found out the price and told him to take it back!)

My boys got me some petunias in a hanging basket.....and they're vining down really long...very pretty!

What did everyone else get? Hope everyone is having a happy mothers day!!!!

70 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 14 May 2006 , 2:38pm
post #2 of 71

Big news here! My Darling Son gave me the tuition money to study sugarart under Betty Van Norstrand this summer!

I must be a really great mom!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 14 May 2006 , 3:31pm
post #3 of 71

I got to sleep in until 7:45am (trust me, that IS sleeping in at my house) and DH took the kids to his mother's and I am getting to stay home all by myself icon_lol.gif Of course, I'll probably clean up around the house. icon_razz.gif

It's only 11:30am, so there still might be some jewelry or better yet - a KA in my future, but I'm not holding my breath. icon_rolleyes.gif

bush1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bush1 Posted 14 May 2006 , 3:36pm
post #4 of 71

Happy Mother's Day to everyone. I wonder how many of us will get a cake!!! I haven't gotten anything yet as my daughter is only 6 years old and I am a single mother. I did go to the store yesterday and buy myself a new wall mounted television, living room set and entertainment center. Figured the least that I could do was buy myself something!!!!!

IHATEFONDANT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IHATEFONDANT Posted 14 May 2006 , 3:39pm
post #5 of 71

I'd tell you all what I got but then I would get thrown off of here... icon_surprised.gif

Happy Mothers Day!!

Helendelk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Helendelk Posted 14 May 2006 , 3:40pm
post #6 of 71

Let's see what did I get... My husband made breakfast in bed.....
Cold pop tarts and a pepsi..... LOL Thats what my husband eats every morning so he figured I'd like it to... I just smiled and said "do you hear that?" He was like no..... I then said, " I hear the engine starting on the car and us going to IHOP for fresh hot breakfast, all the fixins"
icon_evil.gif HEHEHE Gotta love special days! I ate strawberry french toast with eggs and bacon.... Then he pops out a box and inside was a beautiful necklace with heart pendant w/ diamonds. SO I'm happy now! thumbs_up.gif

annlou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annlou Posted 14 May 2006 , 3:42pm
post #7 of 71

I got a call from my 2 yr old granddaughter telling me Happy Mother's Day! I know it is not jewels or things like that but it just warms my heart!

cakeconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeconfections Posted 14 May 2006 , 3:48pm
post #8 of 71

My dh got me all the cutters I needed to do all the flowers in the Nicholas Lodge Book - Pot Pourri of Flowers... And my three year old made me a broach and the 8 year old made me a the cutest little recipe holder.. Its been a good day.

justagirl626 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justagirl626 Posted 14 May 2006 , 3:52pm
post #9 of 71

A roul pat icon_smile.gif
and a new 9 in spring form pan thumbs_up.gif

very happy
and 4 cards

nickdrewnjaysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickdrewnjaysmom Posted 14 May 2006 , 3:58pm
post #10 of 71

First of all Happy Mother's Day!!
I have been hinting and hinting about the KA 600 I want ( my KA is on it's way out) ...So he gets me a gift certificate for a massage.. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif Why would I want that?? I told him I'm not digging the gift certificate at all, I wanted a KA. Next time I guess I have to say, " Get me the KA, or else!!!!"
JoAnn

Fishercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fishercakes Posted 14 May 2006 , 4:41pm
post #11 of 71

Happy Mother's Day to everyone! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I get the entire house to myself today icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif , which is quite astounding considering that we are a family of eight. DH decided to take the kids to his mother's graveside so the kids could see the family cemetary and put flowers on their grandmother's grave. It is an a four and a half hour drive one way. I know it may not sound like much to some but for me it is very peaceful here. I can do whatever I want.

Off for a very long bubble bath!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

heavenlys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heavenlys Posted 14 May 2006 , 4:51pm
post #12 of 71

my family made me breakfast. I got to take a late morning nap and now I am off to cater a graduation party for a woman who doesn't understand the concept of mother's day. She is pampered everyday and was shocked that I pointed out the day of her son's party is that day and shrugged her shoulders like it was no big deal. BIG smile and move on right?

4Gifts4Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4Gifts4Lisa Posted 14 May 2006 , 5:03pm
post #13 of 71

I am getting peace and quiet. I told my DH last week that I DID NOT want to see anyone, go anywhere or do anything, and I just wanted to stay in bed all day and read in my pj's. And maybe play baker. So in just a bit, he is taking all four kids to see his mom (about an hour away).

I also got flowers. And homemade kid things, which I love.

I wish they would all leave, already..

emilykakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emilykakes Posted 14 May 2006 , 5:13pm
post #14 of 71

My husband got me breakfast from Panera's (my favorite) and now he is on his way out with my little boy to do "something". I have been asking for an acoustic guitar for years. I would love to think that they are going out to get one for me, but I doubt it.

Happy Mother's Day!!!!!!!

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 14 May 2006 , 5:15pm
post #15 of 71

Happy Mother's Day everyone! DS (9) painted me a picture in school of a cherry tree, lots of pastel colors and hearts. This is a BIG deal since usually it's a picture or card with army tanks and paratroopers fleeing bullets. (Valentine's Day was a camo heart - we're getting better)

DH came home w/ a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a hanging plant. DS was jealous and went out in the yard and picked flowers. Then he made his dad take him to the florist and he bought me carnations - then he went to the store with his aunt and came home w/ another hanging basket!! It's a contest, I think!

vixterfsu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vixterfsu Posted 14 May 2006 , 5:33pm
post #16 of 71

Happy Mothers Day everyone.
My 3 year old made me a flower pot with paper
flowers. I also got a card with beautiful scribbling, the best kind. My hubby got me a diamond, pearl
platinum ring. This was a surprise seeing that
I didn't ask for anything. The card was nice
as always. Wouldn't of mind the KA IN FUSIA THOUGH!LOL

Dordee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dordee Posted 14 May 2006 , 5:36pm
post #17 of 71

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY everyone!!
First of all this day means more to me than any of you could possibly know. It took me 8 LONG years and a very expensive surgery to get pregnant with my wonderful 4 year old son. I know he is a miracle but anyway I got a porch. Yep, a porch. My husband and I just bought a new doublewide about 2 months ago and we are still doing things like building decks, pouring patios, and sidewalks and all those great things. So money is a little tight right now and I told him the porch we're having built and a card would be fine. So he and my son went out this morning and got breakfast and cards. Leave it to a man to wait until the very last minute. Oh well, I envy you mom's geting to stay home all day alone. My husband just left to go get a load of hay and of course my son didn't want to go.

FunCakesVT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FunCakesVT Posted 14 May 2006 , 5:36pm
post #18 of 71

Had hoped for jewels, even sent links. Got the Cake Mix Doctor book and mini ball pans, and am off the hook for dinner, DH cooking veal saltimboca (that I bought everything for yesterday - hooray!

My DD(4) has been creating things at school and art class for a week, so lots of handmade stuff, which is adorable and sweet!

Happy Mother's Day everyone!

ellyrae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellyrae Posted 14 May 2006 , 5:44pm
post #19 of 71

Well Happy Mother's DayTo all us hard working Mothers out there!! Interesting fact: If a stay at home mom with an average of 2 kids got paid for all the hours and over time she works, she would make $130,000.00 a year!! Boy am I under paid!!

My Mother's Day so far, overslept, got up and cared for my son while DH slept in.

Got a card, Peppridge Farm cookies and chocolate bar from DH and my son (almost 6 yrs) gave me a Game Boy game (that he wanted).

Left them at home while I went to church to teach Sunday School for the 1st-5th graders while all the other mom's enjoyed the service (no one else wanted to "work" on Mother's Day).

Came home, house still a mess and no food that my DH said he got for me last night. At least he ran out and got me Arby's for lunch. (whoopie!). He also got me a chocolate shake and saved me half of it.

Now I'm trying to get some peace/alone time with my PC and CC but it's not going so well. DS still trying to get my help with different things while DH reads his paper and watches his sports channel.

Oh the joys of motherhood on Mother's Day! Once a mom, always a mom, but I'm still very thankful to be one!!

Happy Mother's Day CC'ers!

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 14 May 2006 , 5:50pm
post #20 of 71

Most of you got some really cool gifts! Me, I got a Monkees live (2002) DVD icon_confused.gif ! Yes, I liked the Monkees - when I was 10!!!. DD, aged 3 made me a pasta and shell necklace at nursery which she refuses to let me have - she is resolute that it belongs to her icon_cry.gif . My 14 year old son got me nothing (and didn't ask SO for some money to get me anything either!!!). I moaned so much about the lack of chocolate (anyone who knows me would think of that above all else as a gift for me!), that my SO took my daughter out and bought me the smallest box of mint thins that he could find (OK, so I know I'm meant to be on a diet, but still!). I have spent since 12pm ironing and doing laundry - it's nearly 8pm here now and I'm still at it. So all in all, a crap mother's day for me icon_sad.gificon_cry.gificon_rolleyes.gif Happy Mother's Day to you all though!

Edited to say:- I did however order myself 3 chef's jackets, one pink and 2 white embroidered with my business name 'Queenie's Cakes' - at least I got myself something cool lol icon_lol.gif

tysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tysmom Posted 14 May 2006 , 6:02pm
post #21 of 71

Happy Mother's Day to everyone!!!!
My DH and son (just turned 5 Friday) got me two pair of those silicone oven mits, a beautiful door stop for my kitchen door and a cross necklace that I have been wanting for a good while.
I am truly enjoying my day spending it with them.
I hope you all enjoy your day!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

TMM2001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TMM2001 Posted 14 May 2006 , 6:11pm
post #22 of 71

HAPPY MOTHER"S DAY!!!!
DH bought me a Waterford Crystal Ring Holder,a plant and a 2003 Lexus RX 300 in Black with leather seats,and flowers.
My son who is 13 took his money that he has been saving and bought me a sterling silver charm bracelet and picked out 4 charms to go on it..a ballerina (because I love ballet),a purse charm,a shoe charm and of course a cake charm.
Plus they are taking me out to dinner tonight.
This day has made me feel like a QUEEN!!!!!!!!!

koolaidstains Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
koolaidstains Posted 14 May 2006 , 6:17pm
post #23 of 71

The best present I got was that yesterday I slept in until 11 am. Since we go to church there's no sleeping in on Sunday. I haven't slept in that long since high school I think. DH got me a picture frame thing where the cutouts for the pictures are and "I" a heart and "YOU" so there's a picture of each of my four kids and a picture of me in the heart. It's very sweet. My two older kids made things in school and my younger daughter (not in school) gave me one of my own scarves (very cute LOL). DH and one my daughters is making me chocolate mouse (wonder if it will turn out okay HA HA HA). There's a roast in the crockpot that DH started this morning. All in all, one of the better mother's days I had. Guess after 8 years he's finally learning. thumbs_up.gif

surfergina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
surfergina Posted 14 May 2006 , 6:28pm
post #24 of 71

My DH and our 8 yrs old son gave me a KA mixer - YIPPPEEE!!! I'm making a Hummingbird Cake for MY mother and boy, the mixer is godsend! I also received a half doz roses and card from them. Happy Mother's Day to you all!

mhill91801 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mhill91801 Posted 14 May 2006 , 6:28pm
post #25 of 71

Happy Mother's Day everyone!
Since it is opening fishing weekend here in MN, Husbands been gone since Friday morning, returning on Monday night. Alone with the boys (2 and 4) all weekend. He did get me a gift certificate for a facial though...been wanting since Dec. Now the kids and I are getting ready to go to my mom's for dinner with her and my grandparents. Hopeyou all have a great day whatever you're doing!

craftst3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftst3 Posted 14 May 2006 , 6:31pm
post #26 of 71

Happy Mothers Day to Everyone! My sons worked yesterday around the neighborhood and used some of their earnings on me. I received a bouquet of flowers, a 3 ft mothers day card signed by all of them( I have three at home and their friends). I got three new pairs of earrings, too. Other than that, I have been cleaning, doing laundry, and babysitting.So all in all normal day except for the gifts.

xandra83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xandra83 Posted 14 May 2006 , 6:54pm
post #27 of 71

Absofreakinglutly NOTHING!! I'm toatlly upset. my son is only 1, but this is my 2nd Mother's Day and I got the same last year. My hubby didnt even get me a card. We're strapped on cadh, but it's really the thought that counts and he didnteven think of me. Sorry to vent, but I'm a bit upset. Mothers are wonderful and they should be celebrated!! I hope all of you had a wonderful Mother's Day!!

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 14 May 2006 , 7:03pm
post #28 of 71

First off Happy Mothers day to all of you too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xandra83

Absofreakinglutly NOTHING!! I'm toatlly upset. my son is only 1, but this is my 2nd Mother's Day and I got the same last year. My hubby didnt even get me a card. We're strapped on cadh, but it's really the thought that counts and he didnteven think of me. Sorry to vent, but I'm a bit upset. Mothers are wonderful and they should be celebrated!! I hope all of you had a wonderful Mother's Day!!

sorry to hear that.... I know lots of men out there don't do anything... they think it's just another day. My husband used to think "well you aren't my mother so I don't need to get you anything...just the boys and if they dont earn the money to give to me to buy you a card then it's nothing"

BUT it's changed. My hubby has just been home a week today, just after 4 months in Africa so he bought me a card, one from him and one from the boys, a Starbucks gift card icon_wink.gif , and took me and my mother and three boys out for breakfast and supposedly dinner too.

cakecre8tor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecre8tor Posted 14 May 2006 , 7:25pm
post #29 of 71

My dear hubby always gets me a card from the kids and himself - but this year I got a bonus! Since I have been spending A LOT of time in the kitchen at night with all the cake baking I miss all my favorite shows so he got ma a small portable Cable ready TV/DVD/CD player that can sit on the counter!! That way I can still watch my shows and cake decorate too!!! thumbs_up.gif

I was pretty impressed by him!! icon_biggrin.gif

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL!!! icon_lol.gif

Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 14 May 2006 , 7:33pm
post #30 of 71

Well, of course my 12 y-o ds didn't think of his mother icon_surprised.gif I guess it's his teens catching on to him!! my 10 y-o dd, made some butterflies at school and gave them to me instead of keeping them for herself. And my 7 y-o ds made a pop-up card at school for mother's day. My dh ordered me, on-line, a scrapbooking cd-rom, which I can't wait to receive!! We went to my parents today for brunch and she gave me a 25$ gift-certificate at Zellers for me to spend. I need new jeans so that's perfect!!!
I made my mom a flowerpot cake like in my pictures and I made my mil a hat-cake with sugarfree cake and sugarfree icing, she's a diabetic. Put a few fondant flowers on it. I spent a few hours at the doc also with dd because of bump on the chest (see posts on the lounge and general for the entire story) but it's normal. it's cartilage (sp?) between her ribs that needs to heal. so in few days maybe a week it should be fine.

have a happy mothers day everyone!!!!!!!!!!!

Lorris

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%