Last Minute Icing

Baking By SweetThistleCakes Updated 21 May 2006 , 12:47pm by boring

SweetThistleCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetThistleCakes Posted 13 May 2006 , 5:59pm
post #1 of 7

It's my own fault for waiting till the last minute, but I am looking for an easy royal icing for a cookie pop bouquet I need to construct tonight. Help?

BTW, I am loving this site!

6 replies
Michie21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michie21 Posted 13 May 2006 , 6:07pm
post #2 of 7

Hi Pup,

Here is the recipe from one of my Wilton class books...it's really easy! Hope it helps!!

3 tablespoons Meringue powder
1lb powdered sugar
5-6 tablespoons lukewarm water

Yields about 2-21/2 cups

Combine all ingredients and mix for 7-10 min at a low-medium speed in a stand mixer until icing looses its sheen. You can substitue some of the water for clear flavoring if you want. My instructor told us to start with 5 tbls. of water and then add the last one if needed.

You can store this in an air tight contanier for up to 2 weeks. When you want to re-use just put it in the mixer again for a few minutes.

Good Luck!!

boring Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
boring Posted 14 May 2006 , 1:21pm
post #3 of 7

The easiest Royal icing is egg white and icing sugar, if you want colour add it. The more egg white you use the more icing sugar you need. I guess you call icing sugar powered sugar.

bfisher11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bfisher11 Posted 18 May 2006 , 9:08pm
post #4 of 7

Do you have to cook that recipe? Raw eggs kinda scare me!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 18 May 2006 , 9:14pm
post #5 of 7

I've done it before, got the recipe from Martha Stewart.......didn't have any issues......if you're worried just use the meringue powder with the amount of water on the can...it will tell you how much is worth how many egg whites......then add powdered sugar until it is the consistency you're looking for.......

bfisher11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bfisher11 Posted 18 May 2006 , 9:31pm
post #6 of 7

Thank You so much! I will just have to give it a try!

boring Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
boring Posted 21 May 2006 , 12:47pm
post #7 of 7

The egg white is raw, its only a bit on the googy side but you can live with it. In other words no you don't cook it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%