How Long

Business By Gallettita Updated 15 May 2006 , 12:05am by Gallettita

Gallettita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gallettita Posted 13 May 2006 , 1:31am
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone,

I have a wedding cake on June 10th for a friend but she still has not decided how she wants it. It's my first pay cake and honestly I don't know how much time to give her I know it sounds dumb but I'm being patience with her but today I just thouhgt I won't be able to make a cake like that because it's a short time to make it, I just started selling cakes and I'm worry to accept it now a few weeks from the date.
She thought wedding cakes were like a b-day cake and I think she spected me to sell it cheap just because I'm new and she's my friend but she doesn't realize that takes time making something like that.

Now I don'tknow how to tell her I won't make her cake I just don't feel like doing it anymore icon_sad.gif 4 weeks it's not enough for me I don't want to be my first and last cake icon_cry.gif

3 replies
Gallettita Posted 13 May 2006 , 1:34am
post #2 of 4

Sorry I for got to ask how long you give a client for a wedding cake 2 months 3???? icon_sad.gif

BellaRosa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BellaRosa Posted 13 May 2006 , 5:43am
post #3 of 4

I have done SIMPLE wedding cakes with up to 2 weeks notice if I have the date available & cash up front. I would tell her that I need the design she wants & full payment no closer than 2 weeks before the day. If she is wanting anything eleborate, I would tell her she needs to decide now. I have a bride/friend that was to get married in 2 weeks, but changed the date to the end of June because part of the family couldnt come in. She failed to mention it to me! arghh So here I am making preperations & turned down another cake for the same day and I now have free time.

Just tell her that you have to have a decision because you need plenty of time to plan your schedule around making the cake so it will be perfect for her. Planning a weeding is stressful enough w/o stressing your friends and family out with you. icon_wink.gif

BellaRosa

Gallettita Posted 15 May 2006 , 12:05am
post #4 of 4

Thanks for you comment and I will tell her to decide now or forget a bout it, it just too much stress

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%