Homemade Cupcake Tree

Decorating By LynnVC Updated 28 Apr 2007 , 12:57pm by LynnVC

LynnVC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LynnVC Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 12:14pm
post #1 of 5

I am in quite a bind! I ordered a beautiful cupcake stand from the UK a month ago and it still has not arrived. I have a wedding next weekend!!! I do not like the white stands that you can buy at Michaels. Has anyone ever made one themselves? I want to have clear plates if possible? Any suggestions? I am dying here!

Thanks,
Lynn icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

4 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 12:22pm
post #2 of 5

I saw someone use cake plates, stacked on each other, as a cupcake stand. I would put some pinches florist's clay under the bases, to keep them from sliding.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

NewbeeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NewbeeBaker Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 12:23pm
post #3 of 5

Antonia74 has a tutorial for a beautiful homemade cupcake stand. Here is the link to it=) Jen

http://forum.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=22674&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 12:31pm
post #4 of 5

I go to Walmart or the dollar store and buy different size/colors of plates and stack them with the matching glasses/cups. Glue them together and it works great. You could buy different "trays" also. I have some clear plastic glasses that I use in between the layers and fill them with greenery, flowers, or whatever fits my design. Works great, cheap and fun to make. You can dress it up or make it fun

LynnVC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LynnVC Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 12:57pm
post #5 of 5

Great Ideas! Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%