Has Anyone Ever Or Can You Add

Decorating By tysmom Updated 12 May 2006 , 1:47am by leily

tysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tysmom Posted 11 May 2006 , 6:22pm
post #1 of 14

pudding mix to buttercream icing (like cherry) to give it a cherry flavor? Thanks for your help!! icon_redface.gif

13 replies
AmberCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmberCakes Posted 11 May 2006 , 6:28pm
post #2 of 14

I never heard of that! But, that sounds like a great idea, if it can be done. I only know of using extracts or cocoa powder. Hey wait cocoa powder is powder so maybe you can. But, I don't know. I'll bump you up a tad.

~Josie icon_smile.gif

redhare Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redhare Posted 11 May 2006 , 6:33pm
post #3 of 14

I dunno, but would LOVE to know the answer!

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 11 May 2006 , 6:34pm
post #4 of 14

I tried it once. It made the bc very gritty. I wouldn't recommend it, unless maybe you disolved it in 1/4 milk or something first. That might work.

caduchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caduchi Posted 11 May 2006 , 6:42pm
post #5 of 14

ok this is what i do i mix my pudding with whipping cream, then i fold this into my buttercream.

but i always but these kind of cakes in the fridge.

Hope this helps and good luck.

tysmom Posted 11 May 2006 , 6:43pm
post #6 of 14

Thanks everyone!!

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 11 May 2006 , 8:07pm
post #7 of 14

where did you find cherry pudding? what company makes it? I would be interested but have never seen it around here. Thanks!

Leily

tysmom Posted 11 May 2006 , 8:13pm
post #8 of 14

Leily, sorry I was just using cherry as an example. I never thought about what flavor, but now I will look to see if I can find cherry. If I do I will let you know.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 11 May 2006 , 8:16pm
post #9 of 14

I figured since she said cherry she must have meant jello and not pudding LOL......hmmmm..cherry pudding......yummy

tysmom Posted 11 May 2006 , 8:41pm
post #10 of 14

Boy, I felt goofy asking the question in the first place now I really feel like a goof - I didn't know they didn't make cherry pudding....LOL I very seldom use pudding. icon_confused.gif

scWMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scWMI Posted 11 May 2006 , 9:05pm
post #11 of 14

You could also use candy oil flavorings in place of the extract. Your icing will still be white, but will have the cherry flavor. Just start with 1/4 teaspoon though as the candy oils are VERY strong

rlm5150 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rlm5150 Posted 11 May 2006 , 11:36pm
post #12 of 14

I use the juice from frozen strawberries instead of water to give my buttercream flavor.

lsawyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lsawyer Posted 12 May 2006 , 1:23am
post #13 of 14

You can use cherry juice from the jar, too.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 12 May 2006 , 1:47am
post #14 of 14

i used marschino cherry juice this weekend and it worked great. Ok, so can you add cherry jello to flavor it then? it won't change the consitancy to much will it?

I have used LorAnn flavorings, but no matter how little or how much I add it taste more like candy instead of flavoring the buttercream when I use the cherry flavor.... so I just make hard candy instead! it works just as well icon_wink.gif

No worries about the confusion! Cherry is a much more popular flavor in this house than strawberry, but it seems to be a lot harder to find cherry flavored items-strawberry is just too popular icon_sad.gif

Leily

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%