A Unique Wedding Cake

Decorating By Crimsicle Updated 13 May 2006 , 12:49am by subaru

Crimsicle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crimsicle Posted 10 May 2006 , 1:02pm
post #1 of 27

Apparently, this picture is making the rounds in Texas. It was sent to me from relatives in Houston, who are graduates of the Unversity of Texas - arch rivals of Texas A&M, the featured school. It came with a note: "This is a huge waste of flour and sugar!" LOL

I thought this would be an appreciative audience, no matter WHERE you went to school! icon_smile.gif
LL

26 replies
tootsa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootsa Posted 10 May 2006 , 1:04pm
post #2 of 27

WOW! That's insane!!!

cakes47 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes47 Posted 10 May 2006 , 1:09pm
post #3 of 27

That is absolutely incredible!!
It's true . . . only your imagination can limit you!!

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 10 May 2006 , 1:12pm
post #4 of 27

All I can say is WOW! That is amazing! Can you imagine how long that took to make?

mmdd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdd Posted 10 May 2006 , 1:15pm
post #5 of 27

Wow! That's a wedding cake?!?!?!

Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 10 May 2006 , 1:42pm
post #6 of 27

All I can say is that my mouthc dropped when I saw this!!!!!! WOW!!!!!! hours and hours and hours and hours of work!!! that's insane!!! Are you supposed to actually cut this???? icon_eek.gif

Lorris

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 10 May 2006 , 3:43pm
post #7 of 27

That is just astounding icon_eek.gif Any word on who made it?

mrsright41401 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsright41401 Posted 10 May 2006 , 3:48pm
post #8 of 27

Holy cow that's amazing!

Rachel

mmdd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdd Posted 10 May 2006 , 3:53pm
post #9 of 27

Can you imagine slicing that cake????

Can you imagine how many people it could actually serve?!?!

WOW!!

Crimsicle Posted 10 May 2006 , 4:19pm
post #10 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa

That is just astounding icon_eek.gif Any word on who made it?

By the time it got to me, it was just one of those anonymous internet things. Maybe one of our Texas members will see it and know the artist.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 11 May 2006 , 2:09am
post #11 of 27

"A waste of flour and sugar"- icon_confused.gif who would say something so blasphemous about such a wonderful creation--obviously someone who has no appreciation for the time and artistic effort that went into it! icon_cool.gif

Actually, at Ohio State University, a similar cake has become a tradition for the past 15 years. The Ohio Stadium Cake was devised in 1991 as a light-hearted means of celebrating the great tradition of Buckeye football. By its third year, the annual cake had become such a big hit with Ohio State fans that its creators, a group of five devoted OSU alumni, decided to use the cake to raise funds for Ohio State's general need-based academic scholarship, the Scarlet and Gray Scholarship Fund. Since that time, the 200-plus pound cake has been constructed for display at the creators' tailgate party before and during one home football game each year. Through the eighth year, the confectionary masterpiece is served following the game for donations to the Scarlet & Gray Scholarship Fund. Since its inception, the Ohio Stadium Cake has helped raised more than $6,000.

http://www.tailgating.com/images/Fans/Food/Ohio%20State%20Stadium%20Cake.jpg

Rae
Go Buckeyes!

alimonkey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alimonkey Posted 11 May 2006 , 2:19am
post #12 of 27

Rae - I'm sure the "waste" part was meant as an insult, joking or not, to the school more than to the baker. If they weren't amazed by the cake itself, it wouldn't even be worth passing on. =)

The UT/TAMU rivalry here is about as big as the OSU/UM one there, to give you an idea of the emotion involved.

Go Wolverines!!! icon_lol.gif

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 11 May 2006 , 2:33am
post #13 of 27

I would love to know who made that cake how it was done, and how long it took to make it, that is so neat.

Molly2

AmberCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmberCakes Posted 11 May 2006 , 2:37am
post #14 of 27

Wow! Now, I'm wondering how they made the cakes from not falling or sliding. The way they did the people is cool! It's awesome!

~Josie

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 11 May 2006 , 11:50pm
post #15 of 27

How funny--one of the teachers I know said she was emailing me a pic of her nephew's groom's cake and this is the exact cake that she described. I'll have to ask her tomorrow if it was really her nephew's or one they would have liked for the cake. LOL!!!

kthomas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kthomas Posted 12 May 2006 , 11:55am
post #16 of 27

Being a former A&M student, I think this cake is FABULOUS! There are definitely some die-hard fans out there!

dolcesunshine20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolcesunshine20 Posted 12 May 2006 , 11:59am
post #17 of 27

That is incredible!!!! It made me tired just looking at it! I can't imagine how long that took.... icon_eek.gif

yrn2lrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yrn2lrn Posted 12 May 2006 , 12:02pm
post #18 of 27

This is 'ri-friggin-diculous' in a GOOD way! That is just AWESOME!!!

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 12 May 2006 , 3:07pm
post #19 of 27

My friend has emailed all the different views of this cake. If you would like them, let me know and I will email them.

Nitu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nitu Posted 12 May 2006 , 3:17pm
post #20 of 27

Oh my god! I..I........I am speechless.
How can anybody do that kind of great work?
It is just amazing. Very neat.

Nitu

JulieBugg2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieBugg2000 Posted 12 May 2006 , 3:30pm
post #21 of 27

Holy $#&%..

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 12 May 2006 , 3:44pm
post #22 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac

My friend has emailed all the different views of this cake. If you would like them, let me know and I will email them.

so it REALLY was his cake???????????? wow!!!!!!!! I was thinking.....no way that's all cake........it's gotta be some dummies in there somewhere!!! I was thinking just the 6 slanted cakes and the center bottom one were real cake and the rest was other non-edible materials..........is it all cake????????? wow, I think you should post all the pics you have of the different angles of that cake it's amazing.....I know I'd love to see them....

spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 12 May 2006 , 3:50pm
post #23 of 27

WOW....speechless!

Crimsicle Posted 13 May 2006 , 12:03am
post #24 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac

Gosh! Please post them, Mac! I got two pix, and thought this was the better of the two. I'd love to see other views.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 13 May 2006 , 12:30am
post #25 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac

Did you find out who made it? We need to get them on here for some inspiration... and instructions!!

That cake is amazing.

subaru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
subaru Posted 13 May 2006 , 12:43am
post #26 of 27

WOW!!!!!! Theat cake is absolutely amazing!!!!!

subaru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
subaru Posted 13 May 2006 , 12:49am
post #27 of 27

Hey everyone liik what I found!! I'l try to do this.
[/url]http://members.aol.com/ohiostadiumcake//11constr.htm

Oh well, I tried, but i dont know how to do a link. I typed in football stadium cake, and I found how they constructed it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%