Engagement Party Cake Ideas

Decorating By ag Updated 26 Apr 2007 , 9:52pm by rbatia

ag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ag Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 7:29pm
post #1 of 8

Does anyone have any pictures or ideas of "different" cakes to do for an engagement party?

Thanks so much!

7 replies
debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 7:58pm
post #2 of 8

I've seen people do hearts with rings on them, Edible images of the engagement picture. That's about it for me. Hope you find something and post a picture for us. Did you try the gallery?

cupcakegirl27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakegirl27 Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 8:09pm
post #3 of 8

Hello. I did a engagement cake with edible images of the couple. I made it look like scrapbook pages with pics of their relationship from the very begining right up to the pics of when he asked her to marry him. I cannot get my scanner and my computer to get along right now. That's why I don't have pics yet. Sorry.

thesasha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thesasha Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 8:14pm
post #4 of 8

what about something related to how they got together, the proposal, a thing they do together-something unique to the couple?

Or could you tell the brillant people here these things and they could come up with amazing cake idea, I know from reading the foums here daily atht they do it all the time icon_wink.gif

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 8:14pm
post #5 of 8

i'm doing a cake right now that could be used as an engagement idea. although mine is for their wedding reception when they return to the states, i based it around their engagement. they got engaged while on a picnic in a park, and the theme of the reception is "chuckwagon bbq". i'm making a 16" round with grass and a road with a fork on the end. there will be a covered wagon and him and her sitting on a blanket under a tree resting. i plan on putting road signs in the fork of the road, with names of nearby towns like "marital bliss", "kiddy lane", "hard work", etc...

you could always change the wagon to a different type of transportation, maybe even the automobile the couple drives...

just some thoughts., hope it helps

iamme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iamme Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 8:24pm
post #6 of 8

i would defiantly browse the gallery. it is huge tho, so i would start with a search of what you would like on the cake. like hearts, or rings, or bows for example

isabelianico Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
isabelianico Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 8:25pm
post #7 of 8

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=thumbnails&meta=search&type=full&search=Engagement

There is a link to the gallery for all the cakes under engagement. Hope this helps!

rbatia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rbatia Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 9:52pm
post #8 of 8

the gallery for engagement cake is very helpful

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%