Rhonda's Ultimate Mmf Question

Decorating By GaPeach2430139 Updated 26 Apr 2007 , 2:24pm by angelas2babies

GaPeach2430139 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GaPeach2430139 Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 2:13pm
post #1 of 6

How long does this stay good? Will it keep as long as pre-packaged fondants? I have it in a Foodsaver bag with all the air vaccumed out because I made more than I needed. I switched ideas after I had already made it!! Any info would be great. Thanks!

5 replies
tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 2:18pm
post #2 of 6

You could place it in the freezer and save it for when you need it. I made it for the first time Sunday, I will use it for Mother's day cookies. I think it will keep in the freezer for a couple of months.

carrielynnfields Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carrielynnfields Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 2:19pm
post #3 of 6

bump..wish I could help

Lindsayu83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lindsayu83 Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 2:19pm
post #4 of 6

I have some that's been sitting on my counter for 3 weeks now, just wrapped in plastic and ina zip bag. It's still pliable and tastes good.

iamme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iamme Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 2:22pm
post #5 of 6

i still have some left over from when i made a b-day cake for march 28th. i've just left it on the counter in a zip top bag and it still tastes fine. its starting to get kinda hard, but i prolly just didnt get all of the air out of it. icon_smile.gif

angelas2babies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelas2babies Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 2:24pm
post #6 of 6

I've never put in in the freezer, so I don't know if that is going to work. MMF is really best left at room temperature. I cover it in shortening and wrap it in clear wrap, then put it a storage bag. And just to be safe, I place that in a Tupperware container and leave it in the pantry. The longest I've left it is a few weeks, and it was fine.

Good luck!
Angie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%