Glad i got the gray over the stainless, you dont see any smudges or dirt

solidezca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solidezca Posted 9 May 2006 , 3:46pm
post #32 of 114

Mine is white!

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 9 May 2006 , 3:58pm
post #33 of 114

I have to admit, when wever I go to a store that carries many colors, I am drooling before my daughter physically pulls me away from the display. I just have to touch them. I'm now getting all of the matching utensils, the hand mixer, the blender, and everything. I need them all to match!

dawnrunner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawnrunner Posted 9 May 2006 , 4:08pm
post #34 of 114

I have the 6 qrt brushed chrome one - my daugher and sister gave it to me for my birthday a couple of years ago. I was clueless to the KA reputation etc.
Once I used it was enough to get me hooked on it. Now I use it for everything, makes my life a lot easier.

spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 9 May 2006 , 4:15pm
post #35 of 114

Mine...Stainless steel Professional HD. I LOVE IT.Only a 5 Quart wish it were 6! I wanted a 3rd puppy but DH bought me this instead. So I named my Kitchen aid "Ben" (what I was going to name the puppy). I don't need to train this Ben icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

pooker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pooker Posted 9 May 2006 , 4:19pm
post #36 of 114

Mine is Pistachio. I had a REALLY hard time deciding on a color. I only wish they had different color plates so you could change the color every now and then... icon_lol.gif

spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 9 May 2006 , 4:22pm
post #37 of 114

Pooker that is too funny...I have thought the same thing!

Emmers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Emmers Posted 9 May 2006 , 4:28pm
post #38 of 114

I have a white 20 year old 4 qrt. I would love a brushed nickle one to match my kitchen, but it was free from a friend who was going to throw it out. Can't cook without it!

vicki0052 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vicki0052 Posted 9 May 2006 , 4:40pm
post #39 of 114

Hi everyone: I have the 6qt professional lift in the sunshine color yellow. Was getting discontinued and couldn't pass it up. A whole lot cheaper like $100 cheaper when I bought it. I love, love, love, my mixer. Vicki0052.

lilie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilie Posted 9 May 2006 , 4:47pm
post #40 of 114

Mine is white, but boy would I like to a red one. Maybe the copper one, maybe just a bigger one to go with my white one.

LivinInABox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LivinInABox Posted 9 May 2006 , 4:48pm
post #41 of 114

I have the metallic chrome. It was either that or pink and I thought that the chrome would go with more. All of the other colors were more expensive and I couldn't see paying more for the same exact thing, but in a different color.

sweetexpressions Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetexpressions Posted 9 May 2006 , 4:51pm
post #42 of 114

I have an empire red Pro 5. Got it refurb from amazon for 174.99 I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

mmdd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdd Posted 9 May 2006 , 4:58pm
post #43 of 114

WHITE

twindees Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twindees Posted 9 May 2006 , 5:35pm
post #44 of 114

I have the Nickel Pearl 6qt Pro. I wanted the Martha Green but it was $150 more. I also couldn't see paying that much more for just the color. I love the Nickel Peral it goes with everything in my kitchen.

BritBB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BritBB Posted 9 May 2006 , 5:49pm
post #45 of 114

Mine's white - pressie from DH many years ago.

Meeka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meeka Posted 9 May 2006 , 5:54pm
post #46 of 114

2 of them are white and 1 is colbalt blue

mbalis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbalis Posted 9 May 2006 , 6:00pm
post #47 of 114

I have the Cobalt Blue Professional 500. My sweetie bought it for me 2 years ago for my Birthday icon_smile.gif

I use it for everything. Best turkey day mashed taters!

ngarza07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ngarza07 Posted 9 May 2006 , 6:03pm
post #48 of 114

Classic White - 15 years old from first hubbie. Artisan Red - from second hubbie. Don't think I'll go for a third hubbie, but a third KA wouldn't be so bad. Love them both - KA's. Oh, and second hubbie too.

4dollars Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4dollars Posted 9 May 2006 , 6:46pm
post #49 of 114

I just got a black one for my birthday. My hubbie bought it for me after my hand held blew up while I was making a cake for a friend. I had to mix a whole batch of BC by hand. I think he felt sorry for me. He came in the kitchen and said "What would you rather have, a new CD player in the van or one of those "High-Dollar" mixers?"

My husband is a tightwad, even when It comes to his toys. So for him to buy this for me, was really cool. He got me the 4 1/2 qt artisian w/ a handle on the bowl. Gotta love him!

CakesbyDot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyDot Posted 9 May 2006 , 6:50pm
post #50 of 114

I couldn't resist -- my baby is almond - and LOVE IT.

aliciaL_77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciaL_77 Posted 9 May 2006 , 6:58pm
post #51 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by cande

Lemondrop--
Can you use your 6 quart for normal everyday batch sizes--like a 2 person household size? Is it too big to be efficient? Or does it really work as well on the small stuff as on the big stuff?

Thanks!

I use it for smaller stuff too I have a red 6qt.. and it is just me and my hubby

onebigdogmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onebigdogmama Posted 9 May 2006 , 7:09pm
post #52 of 114

White, 5 qt artisian w/ a handle on the bowl--2005 Christmas gift from my family. LOVE IT!!! thumbs_up.gif

barbaranoel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
barbaranoel Posted 9 May 2006 , 7:14pm
post #53 of 114

My dh got me mine for Christmas 4yrs ago, Black, because I said when we got a house I was doing the kitchen with black appliances. I keep trying to convince him that I need a new one - I really want a purple one to match my company colors. (That same christmas my dad got my mom one too - Black, but mine is the 5 1/2 qt and her's is only the 5qt. HA HA HA - Mine's bigger!!! But I use mine alot more.)

I keep trying to convince dh to paint it that metallic paint - you know, the kind that changes colors in different lights) He just keeps laughing at me icon_cry.gif

I don't know if I could live without my mixer (I also love the handheld kitchenaid mixer - another gift from dh - I'm sensing a theme here icon_sad.gif )

Barb

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 9 May 2006 , 7:37pm
post #54 of 114

I was watching Alton Brown the other day on the Food channel and he had racing flames on the side of his KA. I immediately told my husband I wanted flames on mine! It was too cool!

cakegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegal Posted 9 May 2006 , 7:40pm
post #55 of 114

My new one is white...and my old one that my daughter took....lol...was creme color..

AnnieM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieM Posted 9 May 2006 , 7:44pm
post #56 of 114

I have the onyx black Artisan and I LOVE it! DH bought it for me for mother's day...(I think to prepare me for the motorcycle he ordered for himself for Father's Day...)

I also saw Alton's black one with flames - I'm going to paint mine too when I muster the courage! It was very cool.

Anne

cande Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cande Posted 9 May 2006 , 7:54pm
post #57 of 114

Thanks Alicia and CJ!

I have always wondered if the 6 qt is just too big for the little projects, but it doesn't sound like it! thumbs_up.gif

LinB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LinB Posted 9 May 2006 , 8:03pm
post #58 of 114

My KA is Licorice black. I have the 6 qt Professional 600. It is wonderful. I use it on small jobs and it does a great job.

LinB

TJSCAKES Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TJSCAKES Posted 9 May 2006 , 8:33pm
post #59 of 114

I just bought myself the purple Artisan mixer a few months ago..I just love it! I don't know how I ever lived without one. Until I got it, I had been doing all my mixing by hand icon_surprised.gif

Crimsicle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crimsicle Posted 9 May 2006 , 11:16pm
post #60 of 114

My little one was a gift - it's almond. My big one (Pro 6) is a pearly gray. It was on sale. If I had my druthers, I'd probably have bought a red one. What I REALLY want is one of those flaming ones like Alton Brown has! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%