Help With Website Please

Business By Pootchi Updated 17 May 2006 , 11:22am by Pootchi

Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 9 May 2006 , 2:55am
post #1 of 7

My DH is making me a website and we're looking for a free homepage hosting site. He's using webexpert program to make the site but needs a place to put it. Do you know a great place? I know there's a lot of web pages users in here so I need to have input on where to find a good one. And also how much space does it give you? I want to make a bilingual (English/French) site so I'll need a lot of space. thanks in advance!! I know I can count on you guys!!

have a nice day
Lorris

6 replies
Genna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Genna Posted 9 May 2006 , 3:09am
post #2 of 7

I know that you said free, but I've been really happy with ipowerweb....it does cost me $30.00 every three months. My first site was a free one through geocities (yahoo), but it did not give a lot of space. To get more I created several different user websites and linked them together. Do what ya gotta do!

Rodneyck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rodneyck Posted 9 May 2006 , 3:24am
post #3 of 7

Free? Free comes at a price. If you are creating a website to use as a customer sales tool, then you definitely want to be cautious of free web hosting sites. They typically will place annoying banners or adds on the page and people (customers hate these.) Also, they are not reliable and tend to go down. There is nothing like frustrating your customers when they want to view your work and find your contact info, etc.

Godaddy is a good, cheap web hosting service. I pay $4 a month and have had it for years. I do not think it has ever gone down on me. You also get several free email accounts, so you will have your own profession sounding email address. You can also purchase your .com name from them for around $7 to $9 a year.

Hope that helps.

Pootchi Posted 9 May 2006 , 11:08am
post #4 of 7

thanks to both, that helps a lot. I'll check every thing. I'm not planning on saling on the web, since my town not that big. All I want is a site to show my work and for people to be able to make a decision, without having to always make an appointement with me. People are busy these days, and sometimes it's easier for them to check late at night, or very early in the morning. Having my .com name that would be nice!! I'll check this out!!! or should I say hubby will check it icon_lol.gif he's almost as excited as me with this cake business!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

have a nice day
Lorris

Pootchi Posted 17 May 2006 , 11:14am
post #5 of 7

thanks Roger!! I've put it on my favorites and I'll ask hubby to check this out. We're still at the creation stage. He's a computer geek also but as for web page hosting.... he did a few pages with the free space that our internet company provides, but the url is very long type and thought that people won't be too eager to see my site if it were that long to type... thanks!!!!

have a nice day
Lorris

Jenn123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn123 Posted 17 May 2006 , 11:15am
post #6 of 7

I really like www.siteground.com! They are cheap and offer a lot of services. Their customer support is awesome!

Pootchi Posted 17 May 2006 , 11:22am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn123

I really like www.siteground.com! They are cheap and offer a lot of services. Their customer support is awesome!

thanks I've put it in my favorites also until hubby checks it. more choices we have, more chances we get to find a great site!! thanks!!!!!

Lorris

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%