Squeeze Bottles That Can Use Cake Tips...?

Baking By Zamode Updated 17 May 2006 , 4:02am by Zamode

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 9 May 2006 , 2:31am
post #1 of 30

Forgive me, I can't remember who said they ordered these somewhere online? I like using bottles but need a smaller opening. I used bags today and I really don't like them, I was surprised that I felt I had less control with a tipped bag (me, anyway). I might have to use parchment for small details, even a #1 tip was too big.

I don't know when I will ever, ever get cookies down pat.....if ever Image

29 replies
kendraanne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kendraanne Posted 9 May 2006 , 2:35am
post #2 of 30

I ordered mine from kitchengifts.com --- They work pretty good!

babynewyear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babynewyear Posted 9 May 2006 , 2:37am
post #3 of 30

I got the Squeeze-it bottle at sugar craft. You can use your decorator tips with that brand. Im not sure if there are others. Hope this helps icon_smile.gif

Zamode Posted 9 May 2006 , 2:38am
post #4 of 30

Thank you ladies, I am ordering them tomorrow!

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 9 May 2006 , 3:23am
post #5 of 30

What you planning on getting off strike?

Zamode Posted 9 May 2006 , 3:27am
post #6 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake_Princess

Strike is alive and well, see my new avatar to fit the occasion!

Kos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kos Posted 9 May 2006 , 11:20am
post #7 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake_Princess

icon_eek.gif C_P...is that you?
Where have you been? I haven't seen you 'round lately.
I haven't seen your April cookies yet either. Is ya scared? hmmmm? icon_razz.gif

kos

Katskakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katskakes Posted 9 May 2006 , 4:19pm
post #8 of 30

those would be nice to have. Can someone verify if these are the bottles?
http://kitchengifts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=sqmolpa2&Category_Code=baking-decorating

thanks!
Kat

babynewyear Posted 9 May 2006 , 8:04pm
post #9 of 30

Yes it is squeeze-it brand. Those look like mine. I ordered from a different vender but ,Im pretty sure there the same ones. Did they have both sizes? I cant handle pastry bags, cookies and runny icing. thumbsdown.gif Good luck,hope you like them icon_smile.gif

Katskakes Posted 9 May 2006 , 8:53pm
post #10 of 30

babynewyear - i tried searching sugar craft, but couldn't find it.
I find that site hard to navigate. can you post a link, please?

TY
kat

golfgirl1227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
golfgirl1227 Posted 9 May 2006 , 10:17pm
post #11 of 30

Yep, the Squeezit brand is what I use. I love them. I feel that I have much more control over them. I really like the small ones for the "details" because it's like writing with a fat marker!

slejdick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slejdick Posted 9 May 2006 , 10:21pm
post #12 of 30

I never have any luck posting links to items on sugarcraft's website, but here's how to find them:

Go to www.sugarcraft.com

On the left side is an alphabetical list of products, click on "candy products"

Scroll down, the last section on the right side of the page is "tools/accessories", and the squeezit bottles are about 5 lines up from the bottom.

hth!
Laura.

babynewyear Posted 10 May 2006 , 2:35am
post #13 of 30

That is hard to explain. I know I always have a FUN time trying to find stuff. icon_confused.gif But if slejdick directions work for you dont pay attention to these. I just type in the google box at the top what product I want. Then click on the link. Not sure how to link the product. They just give you a long page of lots of items. Well now that Ive over explained. icon_rolleyes.gif Have fun.

kendraanne Posted 10 May 2006 , 2:45am
post #14 of 30

As I said earlier, I have the squeeze-it bottles...but I find them hard to fill with icing. I made a huge mess, and ended up going back to using a regular icing bag. Do any of you have any tips for filling the bottles? Or am I really that uncoordinated?! icon_sad.gificon_cry.gif

babynewyear Posted 10 May 2006 , 3:00am
post #15 of 30

You can use an icing bag without the tip to fill them. I know then your still using the icing bag. icon_sad.gif ( but not long enough to get it all over your hands) icon_biggrin.gif You get the control of the bottle.

slejdick Posted 10 May 2006 , 3:03am
post #16 of 30

The easiest way to fill the squeeze bottles is to put your icing in a ziploc sandwich bag or something similar, clip the corner off and squeeze it into the bottle.

I use a small diameter dish to mix my colored icing in, and when it's the right consistency, I can pour it into the bottle carefully. The smaller the diameter of the bowl, the easier this is to do. If the icing is too thick, it comes in big globs and will make a huge mess, though. I hold the bowl up about 4 inches above the bottle and use a spoon to ease a bit of the icing over the edge. As it starts to fall, it stretches out into a thin ribbon of icing, and as it goes into the bottle I tip the bowl a bit so it continues to flow, helping with the spoon as necessary.

My father in law watched me do this once and said I must be the only person on the planet that could make that work without spilling icon_eek.gif , but I truly believe anybody can do it with a little practice! icon_smile.gif

hth!
Laura.

babynewyear Posted 10 May 2006 , 3:07am
post #17 of 30

Thats a good idea slejdick then i wont get more icing bags dirty. icon_biggrin.gif Always looking for better ways thumbs_up.gif Thanks

kendraanne Posted 10 May 2006 , 3:18am
post #18 of 30

Good ideas! Thanks!

Zamode Posted 10 May 2006 , 5:23am
post #19 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by slejdick

The easiest way to fill the squeeze bottles is to put your icing in a ziploc sandwich bag or something similar, clip the corner off and squeeze it into the bottle.

Excellent idea! thumbs_up.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by slejdick

I use a small diameter dish to mix my colored icing in

The one-foot-above-your-head trick was working for me until this last time, I had one bowl that went *all* over, so I will be using the bags from now on. icon_razz.gif

slejdick Posted 10 May 2006 , 11:32am
post #20 of 30

I forgot to mention that it's best to do this over a plate, or something you can put in the sink, rather than having it all over your counter in case of a malfunction! icon_biggrin.gif

The baggie trick works well, though, just clip off a small piece from the corner so you get a thin stream of icing through it to put in the bottle.

Laura.

Katskakes Posted 10 May 2006 , 12:41pm
post #21 of 30

thanks for the help!!

Katskakes Posted 10 May 2006 , 6:44pm
post #22 of 30

I found the bottles in a store near my job. They are a bit pricier than the ones online.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 10 May 2006 , 6:49pm
post #23 of 30

Katskakes.........where are you in Jersey.......I haven't seen these bottles anywhere but online

Katskakes Posted 10 May 2006 , 6:52pm
post #24 of 30

I live in Central Jersey, Middlesex County, South Brunswick. I bought them in a store in NY. called ny cake (nycake.com), they are 3.99 for 2 (2 oz) bottles. I just figured i don't order a lot from the internet, so i'll just pick them up there. I don't know if they have them, but there is a store in Somerville, NJ called Candyland crafts (candylandcrafts.com) they also carry tons of decorating stuff.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 10 May 2006 , 6:57pm
post #25 of 30

hmmmmm.........thank you........i"m a bit further south......in Gloucester County........but I guess if I go north I know where to go!!! lOL

Katskakes Posted 10 May 2006 , 7:00pm
post #26 of 30

well if you ever go to NYC you can visit the store there too. It's on W22 between 6th & 5th.

TJSCAKES Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TJSCAKES Posted 11 May 2006 , 6:55pm
post #27 of 30

i JUST FOUND THEM ON EBAY...THE 8 OZ SQUEEZEIT BOTTLES WERE ONLY $1.50 EACH + SHIPPING. HERE'S THE ITEM #4442419685....I CAN'T WAIT TO GET THEM....RIGHT NOW I'M USING ZIPLOC BAGS TO MAKE MY MOTHER'S DAY COOKIES.....

golfgirl1227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
golfgirl1227 Posted 11 May 2006 , 9:37pm
post #28 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by kendraanne

As I said earlier, I have the squeeze-it bottles...but I find them hard to fill with icing. I made a huge mess, and ended up going back to using a regular icing bag. Do any of you have any tips for filling the bottles? Or am I really that uncoordinated?! icon_sad.gificon_cry.gif

FUNNEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL! I had the worst time, and don't want to waste a disposable bag (all I use anymore). I found small funnels for about 55 cents in the auto department at Wal Mart (the aisle with oil). They are PERFECT!

kendraanne Posted 11 May 2006 , 10:03pm
post #29 of 30

Another good idea!! thumbs_up.gif Guess I'll be making a trip to Wal Mart soon!!

Zamode Posted 17 May 2006 , 4:02am
post #30 of 30

TJsCakes, thank you for the heads up about Ebay--when you posted, the woman who sold you yours had none left but after checking out Sugarcraft and Kitchengifts for the bottles, I decided one last time to check Ebay and she had 4 of them listed not only for a good price (the $1.50) but shipping was cheaper. Thank you! thumbs_up.gif Can't wait to try them.......eh, that is, when I am "off strike"...... icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%