Seriously Crushing On This Guy (Embarrassing)

Lounge By TheKookieWench Updated 16 Mar 2008 , 11:39am by Iheartcake

TheKookieWench Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheKookieWench Posted 17 May 2007 , 10:29pm
post #91 of 235

Fine heidi, you won't come to Cape to hold my hand, then I'll guess I'll just have to hit I-55 north and drag you down here then, lmao!! Just kidding.

Well yesterday, I had a job interview, so I got myself all decked out so I would look presentable for the interviewer (okay, maybe for Steve too but I swear it was for the job mostly and I'm sticking with it!). He was admiring me, I think. He did make note that I wasn't going to work and was looking at my shirt (well maybe not exactly the shirt but hey, he's a man and I'm pretty well used to that icon_rolleyes.gif ). But it was him helping this lady in a wheelchair onto the bus.....OMG.....his backside was all up in my face! We're talking just mere inches. I guess bold brazen diva is trying to make her presence felt because I couldn't help but blurt out, "Temptation!" He just looked back at me and I completely blushed. But not after I told him that he just couldn't stick his butt in a woman's face and not expect a comment or two! I spent the rest of my bus ride (and interview) with a silly smile plastered on my face. And oh yeah, I got the job!

Bold Brazen Diva says....."She can't keep me silenced forever!"

heidisuesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heidisuesmom Posted 17 May 2007 , 10:41pm
post #92 of 235

OMG!!! And you had us all thinking you were SHY!!! Good for you! In more ways than one...tee hee
We're proud of you! And I suppose I can come down if I need to, but you did pretty good on your own. If that doesn't make him think, nothing well.
Congratulations on the job too!!!!!!!!

TheKookieWench Posted 17 May 2007 , 10:49pm
post #93 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by heidisuesmom

OMG!!! And you had us all thinking you were SHY!!! Good for you! In more ways than one...tee hee

Don't be fooled, I'm still very shy when I'm around men I like but the Bold Brazen Diva likes to remind them that she does live in me, lol.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 17 May 2007 , 11:58pm
post #94 of 235

icon_lol.gif Temptation! I LOVE it!!!! icon_lol.gif
You know after eyeballing you all decked out and lookin fine and then you blerting that out he'll be thinking of you often!

Congrats on the job too thumbs_up.gif and the comment thumbs_up.gif

LanaC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LanaC Posted 18 May 2007 , 12:26am
post #95 of 235

Okay, you put yourself out and went for the job and you got it. That's BIG news. Now you need to celebrate. Ask him to go out with you to celebrate your news! You have a brazen side that is just begging to come out and play, let her go!

Congrats on the job, btw, and congrats on the view.

JavaJunkieChrissy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JavaJunkieChrissy Posted 18 May 2007 , 12:48am
post #96 of 235

Totally agree with LanaC.....ask him out to celebrate the new job...afterall he did drive you there!!

Congrats on the job thumbs_up.gif

Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 18 May 2007 , 12:55am
post #97 of 235

Congrats on the new job!! WooHoo!
Now I agree with others here, it's a good reason to go out and celebrate! with him of course!

Can't wait for the next "episode" icon_biggrin.gif

Monica0271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monica0271 Posted 18 May 2007 , 4:28am
post #98 of 235

icon_surprised.gif Yea I think you should ask him if he wants to celebrate with you. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Good luck girl icon_wink.gif I am glad you are keeping us posted icon_smile.gif

edited to add. CONGRATS on the job. thumbs_up.gif

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 18 May 2007 , 2:46pm
post #99 of 235

Haha, I'm grinning right now. GOOD FOR YOU! Congratulations on the job Kookie and for letting some of that brazen side come out. He probably enjoyed it. thumbs_up.gif

I would've died if you pinched it.

frogleggs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frogleggs Posted 18 May 2007 , 3:53pm
post #100 of 235

I don't usually post, but this thread has really been so funny I just couldn't resist! Just a note about shy guys, My DH and I worked together and he was so shy he couldn't even hardly look me in the eyes icon_surprised.gif I asked him out to lunch and we started eventually going to lunch everyday together. At the end of the summer I moved back to my parents home (I was in college in another city) and thought that was the end of the friendship. I waited for him to call and he never did so I told myself I would call him one time and that would be it. SO...I called him up and he drove all the way from my college city to my home town and we started dating. He eventually moved closer and we kept dating, but no marriage proposal. We were together everyday and I am thinking ok guy I am a quality girl you better jump at the chance while you can! icon_twisted.gif I have always heard that men were hard headed so one day I thought I will make the most romantic dinner ever at his apartment and that should give him the hint. Well he was as lovable as usual but still no proposal. So I decided to ask him. I got down on one knee and asked him to marry ME! thumbs_up.gif Of course he said yes and I got the suprise of my life when he told me he had wanted to ask me to marry him after our 1st date! Talk about shy! He said he just couldn't get the courage up. I have that affect on guys I guess icon_lol.gif We met in May and got married in November. WOW!!! It will be 15 years this year and 2 kids later and I can say he is not nearly as shy as he use to be icon_cool.gif So good luck with your man and keep us updated on how it goes. It is so fun to see what is happening! When it is your time it will all work out.

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 18 May 2007 , 5:22pm
post #101 of 235

You should totally make the first move with asking out. I did that with my husband, I called his apartment, he wasn't there but I just left the message to call me. I didn't leave my number so he had to call around to get my number. Well, as of tomorrow 5-19 we will be celebrating our 17th anniversary and we lived together 5 years before we got married.
Make the first move!

a19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
a19 Posted 18 May 2007 , 5:27pm
post #102 of 235

I LOVE this thread! I, too, have a similar story. Please ask this guy out, or you will forever wonder "what if".

KATE39 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KATE39 Posted 18 May 2007 , 7:49pm
post #103 of 235

GO FOR IT!!!! MAKE YOUR MOVE AND LEAVE THE BALL IN HIS COURT!

CONGRATULATIONS ON THE JOB!

TheKookieWench Posted 19 May 2007 , 1:54am
post #104 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironbaker

I would've died if you pinched it.

I came dangerously close. Cause sometimes squeezing the charmin ain't so bad, right??? icon_twisted.gif

All these stories are so cool and very inspiring too. Who knows, there may end up being a post about how I finally let the bold brazen diva take charge, do her thing and we ended up on a date icon_wink.gif

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 19 May 2007 , 4:40pm
post #105 of 235

Good for you! thumbs_up.gif

Jenteach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenteach Posted 19 May 2007 , 6:44pm
post #106 of 235

Congratulations on your new job! I hope it won't take you away from the bus icon_wink.gif ...

Now, tell him that you got a new job and you need to go out and celebrate and invite him along with you.....

Jen

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 19 May 2007 , 7:42pm
post #107 of 235

Okay, I just read every page and I'm thinking...wow, why doesn't she just take the bull by the horns and go for it...nothing ventured, nothing gained...GO FOR IT!!!! icon_lol.gif

Bake your goodies, write on the back of the card, "Call me if you are interested in a date" and give it to him; if he is interested, he will call icon_wink.gif

Good luck...I can't wait for the next episode to air thumbs_up.gif

Congrats on your new job...very happy for you icon_biggrin.gif

moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 20 May 2007 , 5:49pm
post #108 of 235

I have been following this thread and giggle when I read the post! There is nothing like being noticed by someone.....anyone! I have been married for seven years. I was in the middle of a nasty break up when I met my husband. I was smitten with him then and smitten with him now!

I am not sure if it is because I will be 30 in the fall but i have learned lately to take the bull by the horns! If I do not do it now I will never get it done! I take this new found attitude with almost everything I do.

There is no harm in going with your gut.

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 8:57pm
post #109 of 235

So what's the deal? Did he get his bus route changed? Did Kookie buy a car??????

What's going on????

gailsgoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gailsgoodies Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 1:36pm
post #110 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetResults

So what's the deal? Did he get his bus route changed? Did Kookie buy a car??????

What's going on????

ROFLMAO!!! icon_lol.gif

Come on! We want to know! Oh, and how's the new job going?

LanaC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LanaC Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 1:47pm
post #111 of 235

Oh no, what if her new job requires that she take a different bus?

Monica0271 Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 2:17pm
post #112 of 235

Yall icon_cry.gif Here I go again getting addicted to this forum again.

Now I want to know whats going on again. icon_redface.gif

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 7:48pm
post #113 of 235

I'm with Monica! What's going on?

Dordee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dordee Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 8:11pm
post #114 of 235

Seriously, doesn't she know she has us biting our nails wondering if she has finally bit the bullet and asked him out? Come on Kookie, inquiring minds want to know! Okay, it's now official, I have no life icon_cry.gif

Ironbaker Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 8:19pm
post #115 of 235

awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 8:25pm
post #116 of 235

Iron Baker - I LOVE your smiley! Definitely sums up how I feel waiting to see what happened...

gailsgoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gailsgoodies Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 8:46pm
post #117 of 235

shhh.gif Don't tell anyone.......but I think she DUMPED us! icon_surprised.gificon_confused.gif

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 9:58pm
post #118 of 235

GASP! Gail you may be right! She has found another support group to tell her story to!

www.busdrivercrushes.com

I feel so....
so.............
so CHEAP!

Ironbaker Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 4:13am
post #119 of 235

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I am laughing at myself for actually clicking on that link. icon_lol.gif

Thanks awolf...I've been addicted to smilies lately.

Monica0271 Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 11:58am
post #120 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironbaker

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I am laughing at myself for actually clicking on that link. icon_lol.gif

I did too & then I DIED laughing cause it was not a real link icon_lol.gificon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif I am still laughing... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%