Seriously Crushing On This Guy (Embarrassing)

Lounge By TheKookieWench Updated 16 Mar 2008 , 11:39am by Iheartcake

TheKookieWench Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheKookieWench Posted 25 Apr 2007 , 9:40pm
post #1 of 235

Okay I ride our little city bus to get to and from work and lately....well more like the last few months I've been going beserk over this particular driver name Steve. Omg, hottie and I have no earthly idea why. I mean, I've been riding with him for awhile now and before he was just Steve the Bus driver. Don't ask me how I went from Steve the Bus driver to really bad impure thoughts icon_redface.gif .

And like I said, I have no idea why I find him so hot because by all rights and purposes, I shouldn't even be attracted to him. He has shoulder length, wavy blonde hair that he wears back in a ponytail, with perfectly coifed (we're talking brushed backed, fluffed a little and lacquered with gel, mousse and hairspray) bangs.....flashback to the 80's. He has one piercing in one ear and 7 in the other ear icon_confused.gif and he wears converse sneakers.....that bugs me even more than the hair for some odd reason. But nevertheless, I drool over him relentlessly. On my days off, I'm constantly coming up with excuses to ride the bus just so I can talk to him. Yesterday I gave him container with my "famous" chocolate chip cookies (which he thought were quite tasty).

He's single and is constantly making jokes about how he needs a gf but no one is interested and my friends are all, "Why haven't you asked him out on a date yet?" Believe me, I would love to but I'm such a chicken and the fear that he'll say no. Yes it's lame but it's all I got. I'm guessing the reason I find him adorable is because he's silly. I love a funny man and he's always doing silly things to get a rise out of me. Well that and maybe because I've been single for so long that I'm desperate, lol. My gf to see him one day when we were out walking and he made it a point to slow down and do one of his silly half-falling-out-seat-waves and she goes, "Is that him" and I told her "Yup." So she's now threatening me to either do something about it or she will icon_surprised.gificon_eek.gif . Sorry for rambling on about this (and to think I'm just giving the shortened watered down version) but I just had to get it out of my system!

234 replies
ChrisJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChrisJ Posted 25 Apr 2007 , 9:51pm
post #2 of 235

I say go for it! Maybe next time you give him some goodies put a business card in it with your phone number? I used to be really shy but in my "old age" I've lost that "what will people think of me" feeling. And know what? I don't shrivel up and disappear when I do something ridiculous. So...as I like to say "Just Do It!" (Nike copied me, should have patented that!)

Good luck!

mkerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkerton Posted 25 Apr 2007 , 10:11pm
post #3 of 235

ohhh that is a good idea.......to slip the number in the next batch of treats.......then the ball is in his court....

auntiem26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntiem26 Posted 25 Apr 2007 , 11:59pm
post #4 of 235

This is funny because the EXACT same thing happened to me. I totaly had a crush on the bus driver, so one day I gave him my number as I was getting off, and he waiting for me outside of my work later that afternoon. We dated for about a year icon_smile.gif

LanaC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LanaC Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 1:52am
post #5 of 235

Oh, don't be shy, just go ahead and put it on the line, ask him if he wants to do something when he gets off of work and go from there. He's already putting his business out to you by "mentioning" that he doesn't have a gf. Don't slip him your number, just hand it to him flat out.

And remember, the earrings can be removed, the hair can be cut and the converse - well, they could be worse. The man is employed, has a good sense of humor and if he's using products on his hair, I would assume he keeps clean. You can't ask for a whole lot more.

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 1:02pm
post #6 of 235

Just say something light hearted, don't make it too serious... if he says "oh, I need a gf, but no one's interested", you could say, "yeah, I know the feeling, we should get some coffee (or a drink, or dinner, whatever) and drown our sorrows together. Give me a call sometime"

I agree with LanaC, my DH was a big ol' dork when we started dating (AND he wore nothing but Converse) but he's a perfectly normal guy now. He lost the earring, the weird haircut and clothes and the ratty shoes. I'm glad I didn't miss out on a great guy because his appearance was a bit odd.

Iheartcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iheartcake Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 1:26pm
post #7 of 235

You should sooo go for it!! My first thought was to slip him the # in your next batch of treats. I wouldn't have the guts to hand it over face to face. And you only live once... Go for it!! Keep us posted... thumbs_up.gif

awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 1:45pm
post #8 of 235

Love the idea of giving him your # with another batch of goodies. That way you can make a move, but not be on the spot and then the ball is in his court. I think he's hinting with the whole "I need a gf" thing - a guy would not say that to someone they weren't attracted to.

Keep us posted!!! Good luck!

TheKookieWench Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 2:01pm
post #9 of 235

Ya know, I can't hate on the geekiness too bad because right now it's my driving force. And it suits him. Besides, I love the length of his hair....especially how it curls ever so slightly along the nape of his neck. I guess what I'm trying to say is 80's hair, Converse sneakers and all, I'll take him as is.

Monica0271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monica0271 Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 2:05pm
post #10 of 235

I think you should put your phone number in a bag of goodies. Thats what I would do. thumbs_up.gif

Good luck. Let us know what happens.

Blue0877 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Blue0877 Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 3:17pm
post #11 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by awolf24

I think he's hinting with the whole "I need a gf" thing - a guy would not say that to someone they weren't attracted to.

I COMPLETELY agree!! And I also love the idea of putting your number in with the nex batch of goodies you give him. Its subtle yet kinda a first move...it will pass a hint that you are interested!!

Oh, btw...I am a pushover for a funny guy too. The personality can make an unattractive man the most gorgeous man in the world!!

Good luck and def keep us posted!!

Peachshortcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peachshortcake Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 5:03pm
post #12 of 235

Go for. God knows how many potential boyfriends I have passed by due to shyness.

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 5:16pm
post #13 of 235

I'll be watching this topic for updates - do it! icon_lol.gif

I embrace and love those that are "different" or not the norm...whatever that is. Too boring to be like everyone else. He's obviously comfortable with himself.

I also love a guy who can make me laugh.

What do you have to lose? At the very least he says no (which I doubt) but you'll be fine and life will go on. There's so much other stress in life as it is, I say grab any and every opportunity for happiness or a good time. Life is flimsy.

thumbs_up.gif Good luck!!

awolf24 Posted 9 May 2007 , 7:02pm
post #14 of 235

Hey KookieWench - did you ever make your move??? Inquiring minds want to know...

Plus you can't just start this thread and then not keep us updated! icon_smile.gif

Monica0271 Posted 9 May 2007 , 7:19pm
post #15 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by awolf24

Inquiring minds want to know...
icon_smile.gif

Yea I would love to know too icon_rolleyes.gif

icon_lol.gif

Maureen1971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maureen1971 Posted 10 May 2007 , 5:20am
post #16 of 235

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

flavacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flavacakes Posted 10 May 2007 , 2:03pm
post #17 of 235

Did you do it?????????? Enquiring minds want to know. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

heidisuesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heidisuesmom Posted 10 May 2007 , 2:23pm
post #18 of 235

Okay, being as I am married to a bus driver that makes me an expert, right?!!!! Seriously, my hubby was driving for Greyhound when I met him. I worked in the local restaraunt/motel/bus stop in a small town in the middle of Kansas. His bus overheated and he (and all the passengers) had to spend a long afternoon there. I liked him immidiatly, so before they left I grabbed one of our business cards, wrote "Call me here!" on it and signed my name. He called three days later, we got married four months later, and have been happily married ever since!!!This happened in June 1991! My advise... Your business card tucked in with some yummy treats. Don't forget to write "Call me!" on the card and sign your name. He sounds interested!!!

awolf24 Posted 10 May 2007 , 5:12pm
post #19 of 235

heidisuesmom - that's is such a cool story!

TheKookieWench...are you listening? icon_smile.gif I hope you read this soon (maybe I should send you a PM) because we are all waiting to find out what has happened since you last posted.

JavaJunkieChrissy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JavaJunkieChrissy Posted 11 May 2007 , 11:57pm
post #20 of 235

I came on here tonight just to look at this post.......and there isn't an update!

I'm nosey....what's going on?

Oh, maybe they are out on a date icon_lol.gif

Monica0271 Posted 12 May 2007 , 12:48am
post #21 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by JavaJunkieChrissy

Oh, maybe they are out on a date icon_lol.gif

Hey thats a thought icon_rolleyes.gif After all it is Friday icon_lol.gif

TheKookieWench Posted 12 May 2007 , 5:50am
post #22 of 235

LMAO, just read the replies and they are killing me. I really haven't seen him much the last week and half thanks to my job (grrrrr) but's it's given me time to contemplate what treat I could make. Well, while I was browsing through last night, I saw the tutorial for the cupcake bouquet and decided that I'm going to make him one and give it to him Monday when I see him again, along with my phone number tacked on (eek!!!). I'm nervous as all get out about this but it's worth a shot. Will report with details Monday evening. Wish me luck!

heidisuesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heidisuesmom Posted 12 May 2007 , 5:45pm
post #23 of 235

Good luck sweetie!!! It paid off for me...gotta love them bus drivers!!!!

Dordee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dordee Posted 12 May 2007 , 7:08pm
post #24 of 235

This is just like a movie. Good luck to you and I hope you get your man!

JavaJunkieChrissy Posted 12 May 2007 , 8:49pm
post #25 of 235

icon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gif I canNOT wait!! I was so excited to see that you are going to go for it!!

Know that you have all of us hooked on this post you have to keep us updated!! icon_biggrin.gif

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 12 May 2007 , 10:48pm
post #26 of 235

Yay! The very best of luck on Monday!!

The Peanut Gallery will be anxiously awaiting for another update. icon_razz.gif

becky27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becky27 Posted 12 May 2007 , 11:19pm
post #27 of 235

omg i am on pins and needles....i cannot wait to hear and see what happens!!!! good luck!!!!!!

JavaJunkieChrissy Posted 13 May 2007 , 1:22am
post #28 of 235

You know I think this is sad......I use to have a life...and now icon_cry.gif

Is this the way I get to spend my evening....anxiously awaiting someone else to update me on their love life icon_confused.gif

Back to my basketweave for my MD cake........ icon_redface.gif

This update better be good........ icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

flavacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flavacakes Posted 13 May 2007 , 1:51am
post #29 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by JavaJunkieChrissy

You know I think this is sad......I use to have a life...and now icon_cry.gif

Is this the way I get to spend my evening....anxiously awaiting someone else to update me on their love life icon_confused.gif

Back to my for my MD cake........ icon_redface.gif

This update better be good........ icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Yeah, me too! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

TheKookieWench Posted 13 May 2007 , 3:04am
post #30 of 235

LOL JavaJunkieChrissy and flavacakes, that's normally my job, living vicariously through other people. Thanks everyone for the advice and giving me some confidence that I sorely lack (always thinking I'm not pretty or skinny enough). I've gotten better at not thinking so negatively about myself and trying to strut my stuff a little, lol. If only he would make my job a little easier and notice that I'm noticing him. Good grief, the man should feel 2 holes being burned into his back and tush on a regular basis! icon_redface.gificon_lol.gif But as my neighbor, who happens to be a guy, told me "Men never get it when a woman likes them unless she clubs us over the head caveman style and tells us."

I think I'm going to make a combo of vanilla and chocolate cupcakes. I know other passengers have given him things like stuffed animals that he'll stick in the window and calls "his only friends" but I'd like to think he'll like my gift because it's something he can eat (and since I made a cake that sold for 25 bucks, I can officially say that my stuff is good!) and that I took the time to design it just for him. Omg, this is starting to read like a bad movie icon_surprised.gificon_redface.gificon_lol.gif !

TheKookieWench.....on a mission to find out if it's really true that the way to man's heart is through his stomache!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%