Inexpensive Cake Boxes And Boards

Business By satgirlga Updated 28 Aug 2013 , 11:09pm by BatterUpCake

satgirlga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
satgirlga Posted 25 Apr 2007 , 7:59pm
post #1 of 15

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to find inexpensive cake boxes and cake boards? I am currently purchasing them from Michael's and Hobby Lobby, and it is really getting expensive! I am hoping to find a website or somewhere that sells discount bakery products. Thanks!

14 replies
keonicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keonicakes Posted 25 Apr 2007 , 8:04pm
post #2 of 15

I live in Florida and we have a store called Jester's party supply. Their boxes and stuff are really cheap. Maybe you have one? The stores you mentioned are way more expensive and not much variety. Hope this helps, and I know there are threads on this topic if you do a search you may stumble across it.

takersgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
takersgirl Posted 25 Apr 2007 , 8:04pm
post #3 of 15

maybe this will help. i found the cheapest place to by boxes is:
brpboxshop.com the nice thing is thta shipping is free and that is a huge concideration. they have one and two piece boxes, depending on what size and use they are for. they only sell the foil covered boards though. so for them you could try uline.com but they do charge shipping so watch for that.
hope that helps!

marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 25 Apr 2007 , 8:05pm
post #4 of 15

I have swome that I have saved from other peoples posts:

http://www.bgpaper.com/catalog/Baking_Supplies.html

http://www.brpboxshop.com/index.html

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 25 Apr 2007 , 8:06pm
post #5 of 15

Try to find a paper supply company in your area. I save a ton on boxes and boards. If you can't find a paper supply try a cake supply. They are cheaper the Michael's.

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 25 Apr 2007 , 8:07pm
post #6 of 15

I was doing the same thing. 1/2 Sheet cake boxes were running me almost $3.00. Then I read on here about Sam's club selling them in the bakery dept., so I ask them. Yep they sure do. These are nice boxes too. Corrigated cardboard bottom and a window lid that is separate. I figured their price to be about .61 cents per box. You have to buy in boxes of 50 though, but to me it was well worth it, AND no shipping!!

soccermom17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soccermom17 Posted 25 Apr 2007 , 8:08pm
post #7 of 15

I've bought a few from hobby lobby too and didn't like them. they are way too flimsy. Online, the boxes will be expensive to shop. you can try papermart.com. I went to our local restaurant supply store and they had some, so I asked where they got them from. A local paper company. So now they're delivered to my shop, only $3.10 delivery! It doesn't matter how big/little the shipment is. So that might be a starting point for you. Also, don't be afraid to ask any local bakers or bakeries. the worst thing they can do is not tell you!

yh9080 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yh9080 Posted 25 Apr 2007 , 8:12pm
post #8 of 15

I buy boxes and boards at Sysco. They have boards all the way up to 18" and boxes up to 16x16. And best of all, they are inexpensive.

james1995 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
james1995 Posted 25 Apr 2007 , 8:13pm
post #9 of 15

I recently made an order on-line at countrykitchensa.com and you can get a case (50) of 1/2 sheet one piece window boxes for $45.00 or 12 for $21.00. They have windowless ones for 12pk-$15.00 and 100pk-$34.70. You can request a catalog that you may find useful for looking for other hard to find products. Good luck!

jenbenjr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenbenjr Posted 25 Apr 2007 , 8:24pm
post #10 of 15

Wow. I can't wait to go to Sam's Club now to get boxes. I have also been buying them from Michaels and it is way to expensive for just a box!

satgirlga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
satgirlga Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 1:42pm
post #11 of 15

Thanks so much for all of your input, I will definately compare the options that you gals posted. This site is wonderful! I wish I would have posted this question 20 cakes ago...!

sweetness11379 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetness11379 Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 2:04pm
post #12 of 15

All the website tips and Sam's club! Wow! Thanks everyone for the help.

BakePakCakeBox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakePakCakeBox Posted 27 Aug 2013 , 10:50pm
post #13 of 15

Hi All - My company, BakePak LLC supplies wholesale Cake and Donut Boxes to over 2500 clients in Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana. We sell over 2 MILLION boxes per month and we offer plain, printed, window boxes and everything inbetween. Our pricing is 20-30% LOWER than anything from Southern Champion Tray or Rock-Tenn or Wilton or any other suppliers and our boxes are all made in the USA, are FDA and made under AIB standards. Now unfortunately we cannot sell directly to consumers due to the volumes (1 truck = 26 pallets = 120,000 boxes!) .... BUT  - we are looking for distributors, talking to the large retail outlets and home baking shops and hopefully we will have our beautiful products in those stores or at distributors soon. If you can advise us as to who to approach in your town then simply drop us a line at [email protected] and we'll get right on it! We promise better quality, FAR lower prices and innovative new and seasonal designs! All our cartons have the BakePak Stamp of Approval! Thanks, Sam.

Phaedramax Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Phaedramax Posted 28 Aug 2013 , 5:12pm
post #14 of 15

Look in your area for a bakery supplier /paper  most have cake boxes ect. and have a cash and carry time in weekday that you can call ahead and order an go pick up.

Internet or Yellow pages.Got to buy by case lots.

BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 28 Aug 2013 , 11:09pm
post #15 of 15

I get mine at Papermart, but I will check out Sam's next time I'm low. Thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%